Home

Good article for first time ESPN players.

This is a discussion on Good article for first time ESPN players. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Good article for first time ESPN players.

Alright, this is gonna sound like a shameless plug for my site, but my cousin wrote a pretty good article geared towards the Maddenites who are going to be playing ESPN for the first time this year.

I think it hits on a lot of good areas of how the game plays and i think it is a very enjoyable read.

Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.consolefootball.com/documents/49.html

In regards to our site, i hope that one day we can be as solid as this one. I'll yell ya, the OS guys are definitley doing something right! Especially since i just saw they have an article up on XBOX.com! These guys are PIMPS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Good article for first time ESPN players.

Thanks for the link, definitely somethings to keep in mind as I'm getting my beat down.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I really enjoyed the article. I also enjoyed the NCAA impressions one too. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:05 AM   #4
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

ya very good article
Old 07-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We are still a young site, only about a month old and we are privatley funded. It's a constant work in progress, but we dig all the football games.

anyways, I think the article is pretty well laid out. I used to not be an ESPN fan until last year and i didn't dig 2K4 at first either. But i told myself that ESPN is NOT Madden and it shouldn't be treated as such. Then, i played the game for a whole weekend and was totally impressed.

Now, i am going to buy and like both games, but i can say that i am more excited for ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

thanks for the article!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Very good article. I know alot of my friends that really need to read that. They all are so biased towards madden that they cant stand anything that is different. For example, I brought in ESPN 2k4 last year, and showed it to 10 of my madden friends. well...
1. As soon as I kicked the ball and the kick meter said MAX, all 10 of them started laughing in unison for about 2 mins, just because it said MAX. They started yelling its too arcadey.
2. When I reviewed a play, they all started yelling out of their seats, THEY COPIED OFF OF MADDENS REPLAY system.
3. When I sacked them 5 times in a row because of them dropping back 20 yards, 9 of the 10 of them got up left the room and refused to play or even just watch me play the game. We only played for like 1 quarter! They all yelled it was arcadey and refused to play the game ever again.
So an article like this will be a very good read for them and others, making the transition from Madden to ESPN
keep up the good work
Old 07-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Bangpow, I registered at your Forums, but they seemed a little funky. I tried to post a topic and reply to another and both times I was directed to an odd screen... By the way, does Football-Gaming exist anymore?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »