Home

ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2004, 08:42 PM   #65
All Star

OVR: 14
Re: ESPN NFL 2k5 - Early impressions thread

Nivek just took me to the woodshed online. Those zones are tough to throw against. Game was smooth, just like playing offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 08:46 PM   #66
Pro

Geauxldenboy's Arena

OVR: 13

A quick question: Can you edit the appearance of players this year? Seems like last year you could edit equipment or ratings but not appearance. The only reason I ask is that some of the player models were off in terms of hair or skin tone. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:49 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

You can create your own... even in last years game. How can they get better than that?

The create a camera didn't quite get what I wanted and I tried every conceivable angle. This is a minor complaint, but I was just wondering if some of the default camera views had a better wide angle view without turning the the PASS ZOOM view ON.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #68
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

NYG_Meth- to get back to Giants stadium getting tore up , I mean to say over time it looks like the green starts to fade alot. Does that sound better thats what I meant to say.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #69
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

XBox_Roughneck said:
OK. I've got a question.

Last year, as cool as the post game show was initially, it's luster quickly wore off because of how limited the details on the leagues other games were. It just didn't seem like the league was "alive".

Has VC expanded on this? Are we still only allowed to see one replay from a game (not MY game, but another team in highlights)? Are the weekend recap stats more detailed?

If someone could give an impression on the improvements made to the weekend recap show I would greatly appreciate it.

If you go over to espnvideogames.com and look at the videos, these questions will be answered for you and more...Great halftime and postgame vids over there.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:08 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 3

got the game earlier today, it's what i expected and i'm impressed with pretty much everything. i love the new cut back animation when someone tries to quickly change directions. i'm quite confused and fumbling around in the play selection menu's and on defensive assignments as the buttons are changed and as of right now i freaking hate the defensive setup for the buttons. i like the strafe button where it is now but the pick and bat buttons are really hard to get to considering the quick reactions required to use them. well i gotta get back to playing online.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 9

Just played 2 games of it and it's even better than I imagined. Just a few things I've noticed already that have been fixed from last year:

-CPU kicker missed a 26 yard field goal
-running feels a lot smoother as they pivot a lot better this year
-AI playcalling is a lot more creative (no more guaranteed run plays on 2nd and 7 or less)
-QB's really zing the ball in there this year, and they step into their throws to the right side now
-CPU DB's play much smarter; no longer is that slant-in an automatic completion

There's also a page in your playbook where you can store all your favorite plays in given situations. No need to go flipping through 13 pages and 5 formations to find it.

Like I said, only 2 games. It took a lot longer to find the warts last year but so far, so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 8

this game has the greatest passing animation i've ever seen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »