Home

VC "Official" Response Coming Tonight

This is a discussion on VC "Official" Response Coming Tonight within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: VC \"Official\" Response Coming Tonight

well, I've "powered down" my xbox several times and still no dice... nobody accepting challenges, not getting any... I've left it logged on for a few hours in a picture in pic screen, no activity AT ALL

august 6th?

are you kidding me with that?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:36 PM   #10
Banned

Herd90XB's Arena

OVR: 6

I've received challenges and had people accept my challenges. My complaint has been the lag and slow down in the online gameplay. I've played three games and it was awful in all three games.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:42 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I want to know if they are going to fix the "clipping" bug, I threw a 90 yard pass that was called back on clipping and then noticed that my receiver and my qb lost 90 yards off their respective totals. I think that qualifies as a major bug to go with the online stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 09:51 AM   #12
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I hope they fix the bug where you pull right trigger and select a CB with a button and assign him to bump and run the receiver he is guarding and instead he completely leaves him.

The league play rosters are also somehow messed up.

But still all in all for the price and quality of the game I am more than happy.

I have confidence and patience that they listen to us and will fix these things.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:05 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Nice of Sega to rush the game out so that we could all beta test it for them. Hopefully the patch will go a lot further than just fixing the many online problems.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:58 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

It won't. Honestly I can't believe how people are just fixated on ripping VC and demanding patches for this and that. Firstly, it's rare that such a gameplay patch would even be possible and second, even if it were it would be unlikely that Microsoft would allow it. Now you have a product with a great many strengths and some weak areas-- you don't have to like it if that's how you feel about it. But as one of the staff told a poster in the review thread, you've stated your opinion and we get it: you don't like the game. This is overkill.

Quote:

EASegaRule said:
Nice of Sega to rush the game out so that we could all beta test it for them. Hopefully the patch will go a lot further than just fixing the many online problems.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:24 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

TheBandit said:
It won't. Honestly I can't believe how people are just fixated on ripping VC and demanding patches for this and that. Firstly, it's rare that such a gameplay patch would even be possible and second, even if it were it would be unlikely that Microsoft would allow it. Now you have a product with a great many strengths and some weak areas-- you don't have to like it if that's how you feel about it. But as one of the staff told a poster in the review thread, you've stated your opinion and we get it: you don't like the game. This is overkill.

Quote:

EASegaRule said:

Why would MS be against it? They rushed out 3 patches for one of their own games recently, Links. And telling people that have issues with the game to just leave is downright stupid. We like the game, we hate the bugs. What about that don't you grasp? It's a very simple concept. Fix the bugs and we got one of the best sports games ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the game...I love the way it plays but I'm not ready to proclaim it or Madden as the perfect sports game or football game. ESPN is a great playing game but in order for me to call it one of the best football game ever than I would think that basic stuff like penalties being called wouldn't affect rushing, receiving, or passing stats. (i.e. the clipping bug) I haven't tried the CB bump and run thing so I can't really comment on that but if it's true, that was a feature of the game, if said feature doesn't work like it should then is it really a feature? Madden has had it share of problems in the past but I won't know about this year until I actually play it...The Draft bug infuriated me last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »