Home

One reason why franchise mode has no bugs....

This is a discussion on One reason why franchise mode has no bugs.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:05 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: One reason why franchise mode has no bugs....

It is definitely a bug and I wish it was not there but the only option I have is to turn off pre-seaon and or weekly prep. Next year I would love to play the pre-seaon games if VC made the CPU play it's backups in the 2nd half. I would love to play with my 2nd string but it isn't fun when the CPU leaves in it's first string.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:30 AM   #58
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Quote:

jordan said:and you guys really arent paying attention, the increased number of trades and signings is to combat storyline central...

Actually, if this shows up in Madden then I will be all over it there too.

I dont think it will. Madden's franchise as always been on point.

No way Jose. I remember just a couple years ago the Madden franchise was junk. All the offensive lineman would take massive ratings hits if you didn't get them enough pancake blocks. There were other issues but that was extremely annoying because the only way to get them pancake blocks was to simulate - since they rarely happened in user played games.

I give Madden credit for fixing that , and adding some more features like setting prices.

I think the trades and drafts in ESPN were poorly programmed. They should get some consultants who know what the real trade and draft enviornment is like. Nothing wrong with programming in a couple offseason blockbusters , a rare offseason retirement of a star(say once every 5 franchise years and not before the 3rd year of a franchise for example...)
Nothing wrong with programming in some stars that stink and decline (kurt warner? /altho he is trying to regain his form)

I give Espn credit for getting the running game right this year.

I enjoy the gameplay in espn more then any other football game. And that goes for franchise, exhibition, or online.

There seems like more importance on skill and strategy in the gameplay , and a tougher learning curve. Some people complain about the challenges , but to me it makes the game rewarding and adds to the re-playability.

and
The VIP while still in it;s first year and very raw - is probably the best innovation in a sports game in several years.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #59
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Martin said
Quote:

I enjoy the gameplay in espn more then any other football game. And that goes for franchise, exhibition, or online

I know you have your own opinion, but I could you like ESPN more then any other football game when he other hasen't even came out yet
Old 07-27-2004, 11:43 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

SportsK1NG said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Yeah, I agree 100%! I'm sick of all the ESPN-jockers making excuses for all the crazy stuff like that. In real life it NEVER happens...

I started my franchise with the 'Fins, and I'll be damned if the CPU didn't retire my starting RB. I was like WTF? That is the most horrendous bug I've ever seen in a game. In his PRIME? Right before training camp? That would NEVER HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE. NEVER. Theres no excuse for such shoddy programming. I want my 20 bones back.

Retirements have indeed come out of the blue at times, especially in a stressful and violent contact sport like football. If you tell me how that pertains to trade logic, then you are indeed a better man than I.

If you entire reasoning is to show the unpredictability of the game, I challenge you to find two back to back seasons in the past 20 years where there were two blockbuster trades *in-season*. And while we are at it, find me one draft EVER where the only players taken in the first round were running backs, quarterbacks, offensive tackles, and defensive ends.

If 2 seasons ago I told you fantasy GOD and two-time MVP Kurt Warner would be a likely BACK-UP for the Giants, you would have called me flat-out stupid...Some things that seem crazy can and usually do happen depending on the situation. Thats the reality. None of these things seem plausible or even remotely possible.....until they happen. Don't get me wrong, the trading logic should have some indicator reflecting "importance to the franchise" where untradable guys like Favre would never be traded, but talented but troubled players (like a David Boston) can be dealt. These should also ONLY happen in the off-season.

I think my point is that while the AI could be better, more than enough "wierd" things happen in real life to keep me from making too big a stink about it.

Some of these things are issues only because you refuse to NOT let them be...

that happened because Kurt Warner stunk it up on the field.. it isnt wiered that he got traded and made be a backup because he hasnt been performing. in ESPN you could have the best player or a team who is performing just get traded just because.

I don't know what is funnier, the original post (Ricky Williams retires in the game, HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN?), or the fact that it has been quoted 3 different times in this thread and all of the posters assumed he was actually talking about a bug in the game.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:20 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Here's my take on it.

I'll take ESPN quirky and sometimes confusing franchise issues with it's stellar play on the field over a game that has a great franchise mode, and so-so game play (for me so-so gameplay that is, I know some people love the Madden gameplay. ). If I just wanted a kick [censored] franchise mode and didnt care about the game play, I'd just play Front Office Football. Besides it's not like Madden hasn't had it's share of roster management issues or bugs even dating back to last years game.

Anywhoo, it's about priorities. And for me, I'll take the gameplay on the field with what I consider an adequate franchise mode, over adequate game play and a kick [censored] franchise mode. If I really want to focuse purely on the franchise stuff, I can fire up good ole' FOF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2004, 12:32 PM   #62
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Bkrich- I do agree with you, ESPN is a great game and one of the best game I ever played, but with the franchise issues that we were delt this year its almost feels like we can't enjoy the game as much as some us would have liked too. I live to play franchise mode every year, but with the trade issues and the drafts issues and some of the stat tracking issues, its hard to accept playing in a franchise. Thats why Im getting Madden too

plus on the feild is another story, the game play is great
Old 07-27-2004, 12:39 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 6

funny how lots of ESPN fans ignore Madden but when Madden fans ignore ESPN they are considerded evil and stupid and sheep.... at least on other forums.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #64
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Turn off pre-season for the love of God. 1 trade in my first year.

seriously
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »