Home

For those not sold on the right thumbstick

This is a discussion on For those not sold on the right thumbstick within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:16 PM   #49
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: For those not sold on the right thumbstick

89 Yard punt return with Steve Smith all because of the right thumbstick.

Cpre5
Old 07-28-2004, 03:26 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah boys. I recently discovered the right-stick move system and its unbelievable. I could not run for [censored], seeing as I was using Tiki Barber who is not a power back, until I started using the stick. I went into practice mode...with my dynasty sliders mind you...against a tough Eagles defense.. and went wild for like 2 hours. I taught myself the moves and when to use them, and alternate them with the shoulder charge. Wow is all I have to say, wow. Now I am regularly breaking good runs off(of course there is still crap gains, because thats football), but I can really gain yards on the ground now.

The guy who said anticipation was right. You have to know when to use which move. Guy at angle..click the opposite direction and watch him miss. The next guy will often hit you awkwardly and you will spin off his tackle. Rinse and repeat for big gains.

Try practicing with it with tough sliders and a tough defense..and you WILL get the hang of it. Make sure you have the right back for the job though. A power back like Lewis or Ricky will not do well with it at all. Get at least a semi shifty runner.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:29 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:

EmekaConn said:
Yeah boys. I recently discovered the right-stick move system and its unbelievable. I could not run for [censored], seeing as I was using Tiki Barber who is not a power back, until I started using the stick. I went into practice mode...with my dynasty sliders mind you...against a tough Eagles defense.. and went wild for like 2 hours. I taught myself the moves and when to use them, and alternate them with the shoulder charge. Wow is all I have to say, wow. Now I am regularly breaking good runs off(of course there is still crap gains, because thats football), but I can really gain yards on the ground now.

The guy who said anticipation was right. You have to know when to use which move. Guy at angle..click the opposite direction and watch him miss. The next guy will often hit you awkwardly and you will spin off his tackle. Rinse and repeat for big gains.

Try practicing with it with tough sliders and a tough defense..and you WILL get the hang of it. Make sure you have the right back for the job though. A power back like Lewis or Ricky will not do well with it at all. Get at least a semi shifty runner.

I'm gonna have to give it a shot. I tried a few times with brian westbrook on my first game but had more success with the shoulder buttons than the stick. Westbrook should be pretty darn good with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #52
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

yea practice mode is the place to do it.

It's cool cause you can keep running the same play over and the D will change every play.

I was able to break some really sweet runs after some practice with Ahman Green.

Some of the best break tackle animations are using the Rt stick.

I then jumped into a game and although you can't just run up and down the field with th Rt stick like 2003 Live Freestyle , you get a few moments where you can use it and make some good extra yards.

Spinning juke inside on a defender who has the angle on the sideline is a great move.

the simple Jab juke can actually get you past the line for a couple yards too.
Old 07-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #53
Rookie

Actually using the Right Thumbstick.......BRILLIANT!!!!

I was wondering if the LT video was actually in the game and where I can find it?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

wow, I'm so glad I read this thread! I never used the right thumb stick before. Really adds some extra fun to the running game. It's tough to get used to, but, once I do, I can tell my running game is going to improve a lot.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Jgigs said:
Quote:

EmekaConn said:

I'm gonna have to give it a shot. I tried a few times with brian westbrook on my first game but had more success with the shoulder buttons than the stick. Westbrook should be pretty darn good with that.

He IS.

He's AMAZING when you use the Right Stick. I've seen guys fly right by me (as in going for the big hit, and then I hit the R Stick and watch them fly helplessly out of bounds in front of me while I laugh maniacally). And I've broken quite a few ankles with it, but just the left-right juking. This game's replay value comes from its practice mode.

I'm thinking Street Fighter all the way. That helps a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 AM   #56
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

FutureMonkey18 said:
I was wondering if the LT video was actually in the game and where I can find it?

I imagine it's a video you can buy to watch in your Crib. Haven't earned enough credits to even check if this is true though. Online play is way too addicting for me to be trying to rack up credits playing offline.

Kruza

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »