Home

Carson Palmer – bad omen?

This is a discussion on Carson Palmer – bad omen? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2004, 10:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Carson Palmer – bad omen?

Last night: Fourth quarter, clock at 0:01, CPU Bengals down by 4 and on my 20 yard line. The ball's snapped. Palmer drops back to pass. He looks left. He looks right. The rush is on... so he tosses the ball away into the stands!

Cincinnati locked up Kitna for a couple more years, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Carson Palmer – bad omen?

its alm0st crazy in my mind that cincy has a g00d s0lid qb and yet they are switching t0 a r00kie w/0ut experience...

the thing that has t0 scare guys is that Le0nart 0r whatever (the lefty qb wh0 f0ll0wed CP at usc) came in and immediately br0ke cp's great passing numbers. What that says is that the SYSTEM is what is great in USC.

Palmer c0uld be g00d , im n0t ruling that 0ut until he is given s0me time t0 play and make mistakes and adjust t0 the nfl game - it c0uld be 3-4 seas0ns bef0re any0ne really kn0ws if he is the real deal.

Maybe it's the bengals curse , but i saw kitna en0ugh the last c0uple years t0 see that he can bring a team d0mn the field and n0w that he had a c0uple decent WRs he l00ked very g00d. I kinda h0pe he gets a chance t0 start S0MEWHERE bef0re he l0ses f0cus 0r his c0nfidence N' skills er0de... Kitna sh0uld be in San Fran right n0w if CP is da man , but we all kn0w kitna might yet play a big r0le f0r the bengals this seas0n.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:

MartinDihigo said:
its alm0st crazy in my mind that cincy has a g00d s0lid qb and yet they are switching t0 a r00kie w/0ut experience...

There's a gOOd reason fOr that: Car$On Palmer'$ $alary.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

John Kitna is certainly not what i would call a solid QB. He is average at best. Too many bad passes and too many fumbles. Backup QB is all he should have ever been. last year was a fluke. Kitna has never put up anything but average to below average stats his entire career.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

BlueCatCatcher said:
John Kitna is certainly not what i would call a solid QB. He is average at best. Too many bad passes and too many fumbles. Backup QB is all he should have ever been. last year was a fluke. Kitna has never put up anything but average to below average stats his entire career.

Did you even pay attention to last year? He had a very good season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #6
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

BlueCatCatcher said:

Ive seen him play the steelers and ravens a lot of games (my 2 home teams) he seems like he can lead a team down the field to me... Last year he had four games (all victories), in which he passed for as many as 3 TDs with no INTs

I used to think he was very average , maybe it was a fluke
Old 07-31-2004, 04:27 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Carson Palmer isn't a typical rookie tho. The guy spent all of last year on the bench and i'm sure that he wasn't just relaxing. He probably went through game film and learned under the coaches and confided in Kitna. I think that he'll have a decent season.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

keRplunK said:
Quote:

BlueCatCatcher said:

Did you even pay attention to last year? He had a very good season.

mmmm, yes i believe i addressed last year as being a fluke did i not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »