Home

I'm Thinking of Buying ESPN Today,...

This is a discussion on I'm Thinking of Buying ESPN Today,... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2004, 05:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I'm Thinking of Buying ESPN Today,...

I hate computer trades also. Makes the game unrealistic. I want the rosters to be as close to the actual real life rosters as possible. That said, IMHO i would pass on this game if i was you. It is worth $20.00 i guess but all in all i was really disappointed in this game. It just dont FEEL right if that makes any sense. Games have no sense of urgency to them, not very exciting in other words. And you really have to work with the sliders to make this game competitive. Even then, its far to easy to intercept the computers passes. Ive turned ints all the way down and still pick of the computer too often. Passing game is kinda easy too. After mastering a few money plays you can run those all day long. The computer D dose not seem to adjust to these plays as some here have suggested. Field Goals are WAY easy. You can knock in 50 yarders all day long. Just a average game IMO. Madden will be the better game to have this year without doubt.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: I'm Thinking of Buying ESPN Today,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
My suggestion is wait a week, read about the issues with ESPN, see what bugs crop up with Madden over the course of the week, then make your choice based on what you can live with and what you can't.

If you don't want goofy trades and want to play pre-season games I would NOT buy ESPN however.

Geeez here we go again.

If you want the game do like they said, turn off the stuff and set the teams to human control. Then, enjoy the game. In my franchise I've seen trades but not one goofy one but if that's a concern for you just set it up to fix that. I can understand wanting to mimic the transactions of the actual season, I like letting the chips fall where they may and having to adjust accordingly.
It's a great game, not perfect, but a great game. Every game is going to have something in it that's not quite up to snuff, but this is truly a fun enjoyable game. Plus, for 20 bucks you can't go wrong.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:55 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_2K
If you are a big time Franchise type of guy then I would suggest that you NOT buy ESPN. Madden has the best Franchise.
I guess you already got your copy and are confirming nothing is dicked up in Madden Franchise.

Kpeercy said he only wants to play a season so the game will be perfect for him.
Old 08-07-2004, 08:59 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 18

just waiting for the OS review of madden b4 i make any decisions...everyone says "oh, buy it on how you feel"...but the fact of the matter is, viewpoints of others who share the same likes and dislikes is very important

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »