Home

Is ESPN getting boring for anyone?

This is a discussion on Is ESPN getting boring for anyone? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 12:34 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is ESPN getting boring for anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I don't know how anyone could just write the game off after such a short period of time, I mean damm the season rosters aren't even out yet and this bored thing pops up, hey its a free country right?

And we wanted more and got it right? And now because we were so eager (20 Bucks you kiddn' me?) to snatch this "Most Totally Excellent Game" up and now we"re so full of it that its come to being boring, lets see what year is this again? Now its "boring"? Oh well whatever.

Camps are just starting anyway so be paitent some good rosters might pop up so slow down "Tiger".

But hey thats me I love football, but I do not think playing it everyday helps either, Dah,uhmm you think so?....anyway I haven't read all the post here but will get a feel as to why this guy (you know who you are) thinks ESPN should be sittin' the bench, I'll let you now what I find, so post well fellas but mostly post smart and express yourself.

Holla Back ya'll
deffinently agreed rickster. i still love espn and i too love football. got two fantasy leagues going. anyway ill prolly still play madden but until espn 2k6 comes out this wont get old.
peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
Tatally agree. In 3 weeks, everyone will agree that ESPN is the better game than Madden. One writer writes gameplay on Madden is supreme and bingo, the crowd starts to follow, just like the emperor's new clothes (people are waiting to be see what someone tells them to see). Truth be told, ESPN may have flaws...all games do. But you will not find a more realistic football experience...no way brotha.

Must follow writers....can't resist....freedom of choice not an option....

Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #43
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

This espn 2k5 game is far from boring. I have yet to go a day without playing it. I have racked up so many hours and have enjoyed every minute of it. I still cant believe i only had to pay 20 bucks for this.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:46 PM   #44
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree. It's the best $20 I've ever spent. Like I said before, it's the Roy Jones Jr. of video games, pound for pound and buck for buck. But I really haven't had much of an inclination to pick it back up since getting Madden. They really turned that game around from last year. Madden was always too many big plays and ESPN/2K was always not enough. I've thought the first to be the "in between" would be a hit. So far, Madden's done that. Last year, the problem was Madden fans writing off the ESPN game. This year, I get the feeling that ESPN fans are writing off Madden.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:47 PM   #45
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

One more thing,

Usually the inclination is to trade in one or the other if you bought both. I think both are worthy of purchase and keeping this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 03:49 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 18

the most animations in the business, meaning the closest to life experience...it shall never get boring
Old 08-12-2004, 04:39 PM   #47
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i wonder if it's mostly long time madden fans complaining about the returns. no this isn't another "learn how to play the game" post, but running in madden for lack of a better way to put it, is easy. all you need is to hold a button and move the stick. using the special moves is almost an extra for effect. now of course, to be good at it you have to know when to push the button, when to lay off, how far to move the stick, etc. it's not necessarily easy to be successful but it's easy. last year more likely than not you could return kicks and punts in ESPN with this same ease... just add tapping the button instead of holding it and that's it.

Now they make you work. You have to use a special move here or there and know which to use for the situation. This doesn't mean it's broken and it's even funnier to read "you can never return a kick for a td". To me that tells me you just want things to be easy. I guess it's a game killer that you need to use the moves to be successful. Go figure.

With that said, I also think it's ironic how people aren't giving madden a chance. Granted, madden's got enough fans that it doesn't need the chance. I've heard on 3 different radio stations now free advertising from disc jockeys that define the casual gamer. EA doesn't need any help. But people should take a look in the mirror. People bitched about Madden's lack of D, EA said they fixed the lack of D, respected members of community said they fixed it and people still write it off. If you have a logical explanation and don't bash it then that's fine but otherwise you're just doing the same thing you were screamin about madden fans doing the last 2 or 3 years.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #48
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
i wonder if it's mostly long time madden fans complaining about the returns. no this isn't another "learn how to play the game" post, but running in madden for lack of a better way to put it, is easy. all you need is to hold a button and move the stick. using the special moves is almost an extra for effect. now of course, to be good at it you have to know when to push the button, when to lay off, how far to move the stick, etc. it's not necessarily easy to be successful but it's easy. last year more likely than not you could return kicks and punts in ESPN with this same ease... just add tapping the button instead of holding it and that's it.

Now they make you work. You have to use a special move here or there and know which to use for the situation. This doesn't mean it's broken and it's even funnier to read "you can never return a kick for a td". To me that tells me you just want things to be easy. I guess it's a game killer that you need to use the moves to be successful. Go figure.

With that said, I also think it's ironic how people aren't giving madden a chance. Granted, madden's got enough fans that it doesn't need the chance. I've heard on 3 different radio stations now free advertising from disc jockeys that define the casual gamer. EA doesn't need any help. But people should take a look in the mirror. People bitched about Madden's lack of D, EA said they fixed the lack of D, respected members of community said they fixed it and people still write it off. If you have a logical explanation and don't bash it then that's fine but otherwise you're just doing the same thing you were screamin about madden fans doing the last 2 or 3 years.
As always classic, way to step up "Coach", me myself just picked up the old Madden game and to be honest I'm not seeing all the pain guys are refering to, yeah I know all about the rep Madden carries but hey fellas keep an open mind and screw the writers, hell in that case I'm a writer too so obey and listen to me...you're getting very sleepy...very sleepy now repeat after me....I love Madden, I love Madden remember now I'm a writer so you must obey.

Yeah right sounds nuts I know but thats what happens when you listen to all the reviewers and writers ....you get "Brain Washed" so be careful not everything they say is all it appears to be. Check it out for yourself and you decide what you like and don't like not someone doing it for you.

Holla Back ya'll

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »