Home

Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN.

This is a discussion on Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 01:54 PM   #49
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Man, I'm still seeing new things everytime i Play ESPN.

I don't see that. My friend and I were commenting last night how realistically defenders break on the ball. That doesn't make them super human. Defensively, I think Madden's controls are more responsive for linemen and defensive backs. But ESPN's tackling is better to grasp. They have wrapping down to an art form while Madden's better at those decisive, wicked hits.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
I thought Madden gameplay was superb at first,but i'd rather take the dB ai glitch than 60 rated super human db's swating away ball like dikembe.
Same here. At first I was impressed with Madden. But ESPN does model coverage schemes much better.

Plays and routes that should be succesful against certain coverages are, for the most part, while ones that aren't against certain coverages aren't for the most part.

In Madden I don't find this to be true, not because of great AI, but because the defensive players definitely have juiced abilities.

The other big thing for me that puts ESPN over the to, is that ratings, and specific ratings really matter in this game. I don't get the same feeling in Madden.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 AM   #51
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, ESPN does nail some cut scenes really well.

I haven't seen the oxygen mask, hopefully I will see that.

I love them showing a shot of the kicker practicing when the game is tied late in the game.

Don't forget IN GAME custom soundtracks, which add great little touches throughout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 12:35 AM   #52
Pro

Dregur's Arena

OVR: 5

A couple of things:

First, the lob pass in the back of the end zone. Nothing can top watching your WR skid in the back of the end zone while catching a lob pass in mid air.

Second, I just recently beat the Colts with the Chargers, 34-31, what was amazing was the cutscenes.

Down 27-23, the Colts were threatening on the 15 with 1:00 to go, and knowing they needed a TD, went for it on 4th down. I was able to get my DE, Dingle, into the backfield for the sack, and when Manning came off the field looking extremely disappointed. When I got the ball back, LT was able to gallop a long run into the End Zone, and Manning was just on his knee, again, looking disappointed, and one of his teammates just walked up to him, and padded him on the shoulder.

-The Grinman
Old 08-21-2004, 01:21 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

well...I saw something that I never saw before in any football game (at least not that i've played) I was playing against the Dolphins and the computer did a DIRECT SNAP running play to Ricky Williams. He ripped off five yards before I knew what happened!!! It totally caught me off guard...I LOVE THIS GAME!
Old 08-21-2004, 01:43 AM   #54
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMo
well...I saw something that I never saw before in any football game (at least not that i've played) I was playing against the Dolphins and the computer did a DIRECT SNAP running play to Ricky Williams. He ripped off five yards before I knew what happened!!! It totally caught me off guard...I LOVE THIS GAME!
I use the Fins, and one time while playing a buddy, I accidentally called that damned play 3 or 4 times, thinking it was a pass play. The patterns look great on the play call screen.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:06 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 17

Has anyone seen the custom giants shoes.

I was playing in 25 moments mode and I saw that some giants players had customized shoes. Anyone else see this? Is there any other teams with custom shoes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 05:54 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
Has anyone seen the custom giants shoes.

I was playing in 25 moments mode and I saw that some giants players had customized shoes. Anyone else see this? Is there any other teams with custom shoes?
Do current giant players have these shoes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »