Home

Interesting Article at GameSpot regarding ESPN Sales

This is a discussion on Interesting Article at GameSpot regarding ESPN Sales within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:16 PM   #41
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Interesting Article at GameSpot regarding ESPN Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I know I care because 1.35 million means that the team at Tiburon thinks its doing something right and will feel that there is no need to change Madden for next years installment when that game needs a ton of things worked on. Make any sense?
So I guess that the team at VC will be even happier and change even less than EA since they sold more copies in a week than all of last year. According to your logic that is.

Seriously, why didn't you bring the exact same point up about ESPN?? You are constantly making assumptions that fit with YOUR preconcieved notions about EA, VC, ESPN and "the game that shall not be mentioned." You are the worst type of fanboy, the type who thinks he's not...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

Talk about trying to start flame war.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:26 PM   #43
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
They know what to do, they will fix what needs to be fixed next year, let them worry about the sales part of it, Why did you want to see Madden's sales hit rock bottom for you enjoyment, This is the best Madden they ever released in my book, beg to differ that's cool, but EA is God when it comes to Sports video game sales, love it or hate it will never, never change.
Naw, its not for my enjoyment. Despite what some may think, I dont want to see EA fail. Its just that I want to see them get a reality check. Somewhat of what happened in 98 with Gameday. Every year is the best Madden because of the small baby steps they take with the game. They can never go backwards because they barely move fowards.

You cant deny that with EAs history, they cant fail. I feel sorry for Sega as well as the other companies because everything they do never seems to get through the thickheaded public.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 18

make good games, sell more copies

lots of copies sold...more money for development

better development, better games

lots of copies sold...more money for development.............

.................................................. ................................................
Old 08-19-2004, 12:41 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386

lots of copies sold...more money for development

better development, better games

lots of copies sold...more money for development.............

.................................................. ................................................
Amen. I can't believe how the subject matter in this thread has deteriorated into another Madden vs. ESPN argument. I personally prefer playing ESPN 2K5 to playing Madden 2005. But it doesn't bother me that Madden has always outsold ESPN. That doesn't mean the game is better nor does it necessarily mean that they are making more money. All it really does mean that EA is much better at marketing their game. Profits are simply revenue - expenses. It's pretty easy to calculate the revenue for the two games. But without knowing all of the expenses that each company spends, no one on these boards can say which company is making more money. And really, who cares? As long as there are at least 2-3 competitors in the market, the future of sports video games is bright because of the competition. ESPN is a great game because of Madden and vice versa. Let's just hope both can continue to make money and keep putting out good games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #46
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
So I guess that the team at VC will be even happier and change even less than EA since they sold more copies in a week than all of last year. According to your logic that is.

Seriously, why didn't you bring the exact same point up about ESPN?? You are constantly making assumptions that fit with YOUR preconcieved notions about EA, VC, ESPN and "the game that shall not be mentioned." You are the worst type of fanboy, the type who thinks he's not...

Right. I love my newfound fanboyism that I've been labeled with. Makes me feel special.

Anyway, you do make a good point and I also want to point out that I'm afraid Sega/VC will eventually go the route of EA because if you cant beat them, join them. I'm sure you've heard that statment somewhere in your life.

You're exactly right that I constantly make assumptions. Thats exactly what they are, assumptions. I would like to think that I'm right, but I'm smart enough to know that I have probably have'nt a clue, as should you all.

And as for the fanboy comment, you are the one making the assumptions now. Check my history and you'll be able to get the facts straight. Dont base my recent tirades and post on being a fanboy. I feel as if I'm the only person here that actually speaks his mind without holding back.

And I stand by my statment. Here is another assumption. Why do you think Madden never has any drastic changes from year to year? Because with the sales they get every year, why would they? If it aint broke, dont fix it. If I was in the business of making video games and sold millions each year, why would I change anything.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:46 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

As long as they make enough money to make more 2K* games, I could care less if EA outsells them.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 18

...b/c you care about seeing the genre grow

tiburon can only "stay the course" for so long before madden gets tired

and who the hell even knows, this might have been the last "madden" anyway

you can never get anything confirmed on the 'net

Last edited by jordan0386; 08-19-2004 at 12:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »