Home

News Flash (about cpu trading)

This is a discussion on News Flash (about cpu trading) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #9
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: News Flash (about cpu trading)

The trade A.I. is wacky this year, but it does not kill the game for me. Makes my franchise kinda of interesting. I have read on other boards though, that as you get deeper in the franchise (2-3 yrs), the trades taper off quite a bit. We shall see...
Old 08-19-2004, 07:38 AM   #10
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

Dont know if this was mentioned, What im doing is controlling all teams and trades , simming only the games that i want..while playing for dallas so as we play through the season, keeping up with all the trades and transactions ( for example) Antonio Freeman on Miami.. i can do this.. ofcourse i have pre season turned off and the worthless prep mode.. this is working.. no trades yet! give it a shot.. by the way i have the best sliders! computer actually runs the ball. I avg about 3.4 yds a carry 18-20 ..realistic stats!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:25 AM   #11
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
Dont know if this was mentioned, What im doing is controlling all teams and trades , simming only the games that i want..while playing for dallas so as we play through the season, keeping up with all the trades and transactions ( for example) Antonio Freeman on Miami.. i can do this.. ofcourse i have pre season turned off and the worthless prep mode.. this is working.. no trades yet! give it a shot.. by the way i have the best sliders! computer actually runs the ball. I avg about 3.4 yds a carry 18-20 ..realistic stats!

HELLO, you said in your post "no trades yet"! How do you expect there to be trades you controlling all the teams, there won't be no trades cause of the fact your controlling all teams......DUH......lol :y4:
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 09:39 AM   #12
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

I have started my dynasty over three times now(rosters, sliders, etc.) and I have NOT seen one trade...ZERO. I turn off pre-season and leave on weekly prep but do not use it except to scout. I play every game. I see a bunch of free agent pick ups but I have not seen a trade yet.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:58 AM   #13
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

I play franchise with weekly prep on and preseason on(week 14) only time i didnt prepare was for preseason(didnt know how to use it yet). After season started i've used it 14 weeks straight. The weirdest trade was QB(Delhome...SP?) for some DE. I'll post trade names when i get a chance.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:02 AM   #14
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

So based on a few ppls experiences, this seems to be a random occurance. I've always thought that this was a gripe instead of a flaw. I think ppl often get a gripe mixed up with a flaw/glitch/bug. Same goes for the DB play, its nothing more than a gripe.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:15 AM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
So based on a few ppls experiences, this seems to be a random occurance. I've always thought that this was a gripe instead of a flaw. I think ppl often get a gripe mixed up with a flaw/glitch/bug. Same goes for the DB play, its nothing more than a gripe.

so your saying its really not a Glitch, it's just somthing to complain about. People should just play and let the game do what it does, because it's a game. Is that what your kida of saying, Graphik?
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 10:26 AM   #16
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
so your saying its really not a Glitch, it's just somthing to complain about. People should just play and let the game do what it does, because it's a game. Is that what your kida of saying, Graphik?

Correct-a-mundo. Its just like the ppl who complained that the player progression in MVP was flawed when if they played the game, everything would of been fine and dandy. I think Sega intended for the CPU AI to make trades like they are. Although they are'nt logical, they are there nonetheless.

Honestly, ppl should be lucky that the cpu does trade and sign free agents. 4 years ago, we'd be lucky to see any transactions. Since ppl keep complaining so much about it, than Sega will probably kill the cpu trading altogether.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »