Home

new online ratings are crazy

This is a discussion on new online ratings are crazy within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2004, 12:00 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: new online ratings are crazy

man they killed the saints, 55 defense? uggh, and they ranked chris watson way to low though his speed is where i'd like it. as for teh scrambling aaron brooks can still get me a chunk of yards online.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:02 AM   #34
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys_Pride
QB spy still doesn't "work", they just cut the speed of most QBs down 10 points hence you can manually get your LB to the QB at a fair amount of time to stop a big gain.

Thats funny...-10 speed for the QB's are in my edits.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:05 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 17

One of the major problems I have found with this game that nobody every really commented on is the fact that there is almost no risk whatsoever of throwing off target to a reciever deep...this has been a problem in the 2k series for a long time. Deep passes are almost always dead on target to either be caught or deflected if the defender is on the reciever......In the NFL it is much harder to hit a target accurately downfield and large percentage of deep bombs will be overthrown. The only risk a player runs in overthrowing a target is if they put too much Maximum passing english on the throw and that is almost very difficult to do even intentionally on deep routes

I think this is one area they need to also look at fixing or simply tweaking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2004, 06:24 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

yup, that and defenders drop what would be INTs like hot potatoes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:59 AM   #37
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: new online ratings are crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
they got my lions defense rated at 55. no team in the nfl should be rated that low.an the offense is in the 60's
Nah, I use the Lions a lot and I can say that they are about the same after the update. The reason for the extremely low overall rating now is simply because the overall rating is now mainly based on just the starting positions (something Triggerfish has pointed out), and a lot of the players who would be starting if healthy are not in the updated default rosters. You have to make a few substitutions in the depth chart and some personnel packages to put them in their respective starting positions.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 09-17-2004 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:15 AM   #38
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Arrow Re: new online ratings are crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
slam on the brakes buddy. I'm not so for certain. I think that it is just one of those plays where the LB chases the QB because no one crossed his zone. I don't think this is the spy.
After trying a few experiments during some online games last night, I can just about for certain say that QB Spy still doesn't work after the online update.

Kruza
Old 09-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

skelvin posted this in the roster forum. Some guy over at ESPNvideogames.com made a site with all the default ratings and new updated ratings. They also said some of the ratings are low because injured people are still on the team but not in the starting positions because of the injuries.

http://xtrucks.xnsrl.com/2k5rankings.htm
Old 09-17-2004, 11:50 AM   #40

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
skelvin posted this in the roster forum. Some guy over at ESPNvideogames.com made a site with all the default ratings and new updated ratings. They also said some of the ratings are low because injured people are still on the team but not in the starting positions because of the injuries.

http://xtrucks.xnsrl.com/2k5rankings.htm
Very cool....i wish i could get the online update somehow...anyone figure out how to do this yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »