Home

NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

This is a discussion on NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #17
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NFL 2K4 Updated Rosters for 2005 season

I can't recall about FPF in season mode. I'm not much of a FPF guy, though do like to mess with the camera angle low and over the QB/RB shoulder.

Here are my planned time frames in getting this done:

Wed (today): finish AFC created players; correct all AFC punters/kickers

Thur: Get good AFC depth chart nos. and placements. 100% accuracy at money positions, especially. Publish here at OS for guys to look over and try and AFC matchup if desired.

Fri: NFC East & North transactions

Sat: NFC South & West transactions

Sun: start NFC created players

Mon: finish NFC created players; correct all NFC punters/kickers

Tues: Get good NFC depth chart nos. and placements. 100% accuracy at money positions, especially.

Wed: Buffer time on anything I missed / last several days moves, etc.; publish on OS.

As far as helping, I think a big help would be to let me know what rookies you think are locks for starting positions or at least to have real big roles for their teams this year. I think OurLads could be an assistance there.

---btw, Rand.... great "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" quote there for your sig...hehe. Actually, I thought in that scene John Candy showed his versatility as being able to do a little dramatic acting.... he was taken from us way way too early.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #18
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

which game is better...nfl2k4 or nfl2k5
Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #19
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

That's a loaded question. It depends on what you're looking for. Games are a matter of preference, not fact. You just have to try them for yourself.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #20
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
As far as helping, I think a big help would be to let me know what rookies you think are locks for starting positions or at least to have real big roles for their teams this year. I think OurLads could be an assistance there..
Not a problem at all. I'll be more than happy to assist any way I can....you know that. Work has been obnoxiously busy today, so the latest I will pick up 2k4 is tomorrow. I hate it when work gets in the way of my video games!

Quote:
btw, Rand.... great "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" quote there for your sig...hehe. Actually, I thought in that scene John Candy showed his versatility as being able to do a little dramatic acting.... he was taken from us way way too early.
Agreed. That movie is a classic. Whenever I read some of the long-winded posts on internet forums I can't help but think of that line.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:44 AM   #21
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Wed: finish AFC created players; correct all AFC punters/kickers.
Piece by piece update: I finished the created players indicated by signings via ESPN transactions, but I'm sure there's more to do. Prominent QB's done (Losman, Roeth., Rivers) largely in accordance with 2K5 ratings from noplace's rosters. Punters/Kickers still need work.

I'm thinking that minimally what I'd like for accurate depth charts is this: Offense: QB - 2; RB - 2; FB - 1; TE - 2; WR - 3; OL - starting 5; willing to go with 1 prominent TE only.

Defense: DL - 4; LB - 4; CB - 2; S - 2

This way I won't kill myself.... or even kill myself!

I did a trial game with KC/Oak only til half time. I have KC roster where I want it (of course), though I think Oak's LB corp is a little light. 28-21 at half-time on 10 min periods. Noteworthy stuff: I manually picked off Collins 1st two passes with Kendrell Bell; LJ had 2 short goal line TD's; Holmes had a nice 60 yd rumble where he was questionably OOB by a hair, but booth didn't review -- he was close to 100' by half time; Green only had 100 yds passing and was in the 60's; Collins wised-up and hook-up with Moss for 3 TD passes, 2 to him and about 175' (it was nice to see that he didn't stay in a funk; Collins was in the high 50's; Moss had 125 by half time; Collins threw a nice goaline out to Porter taking me by surprise; Jordan had a respectable 40+ yds rush. KR/PR game was fun and you never knew what was going to happen. I don't know if this game plays differently out of season, but doesn't seem so.

More to come.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #22
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

Holy offense Batman!

Picked up a copy of 2k4 at lunch....would you be willing to send me a 2k4 roster & settings file from what you have so far?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

All this talking about the game i had to pick it up too. If you need any help let me know. There are so many versions of 2k5 rosters with all the created players you could probably use their stats. If you need any help man let me know and I would be willing to do a couple of teams to help speed up the process.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #24
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Well now we're talking about passing one file around which I'd rather not do. If you and Flyermania want to tag team this, here's what I'd propose. One of you locate a good text file of starting lineups, the other come up with the most essential rookies.... those that are definitely starting or figure to have big roles on the team.

Also, I am using 2k5 edits from other roster makers for the most part, though it's hard to match up with team attribute exports from Finn's editor as the categories are not all in order.... but I'm making due.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »