Home

It's been a nice run...

This is a discussion on It's been a nice run... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: It's been a nice run...

[quote=TWOSILK]
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

can you just do a player for player swap?? i was tinkering with it and i put some historical players on their old teams(with default rosters) and had no problems with freezing i think i only did like 20 but it is a nice franchise with mark clayton on the dolphins, barry sanders on the lions and walter payton on the bears just to name a few
Can you tell me the steps you went through to do this? I am looking to import the historic teams I did so that they are full teams for the year imported (1967 Rams, 1989 49ers, etc...). Let me know the steps you went though and I'll test it out...
Old 11-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #50
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Thumbs up Re: It's been a nice run...

[quote=capa]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK

Can you tell me the steps you went through to do this? I am looking to import the historic teams I did so that they are full teams for the year imported (1967 Rams, 1989 49ers, etc...). Let me know the steps you went though and I'll test it out...
I just took the player i wanted to import and copy him over existing player and then went and edited the names one thing that i did was only use names that were in the database, to avoid overfilling the database so if we do all 32 teams i am going to assume that would render this useless for franchise, unless we do a certain number per team like earl campbell to the texans, maybe we should start a thread with usable names and see how far we can get
Old 11-22-2005, 03:46 PM   #51
Banned

[quote=TWOSILK]
Quote:

I just took the player i wanted to import and copy him over existing player and then went and edited the names one thing that i did was only use names that were in the database, to avoid overfilling the database so if we do all 32 teams i am going to assume that would render this useless for franchise, unless we do a certain number per team like earl campbell to the texans, maybe we should start a thread with usable names and see how far we can get
I am still not understanding...I apologize. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1) I have 63 historic teams on my pc hard drive, as well as loaded onto my Xbox. Teams I edited/created/updated.
2) I imported 30 of those teams - using Finn's editor - into a regular roster file in order to use them in a season or franchise "mode"
3) the import process screwed up the players as I mentioned earlier
4) I don't see any way in the game (not using Finn's editor) to accomplish this

Can you lay out the steps you are talking about like this? I am not sure if you are talking about working in Finn's editor or in game itself.

Thanks!

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2005, 03:59 PM   #52
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

[quote=capa]
Quote:

I am still not understanding...I apologize. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1) I have 63 historic teams on my pc hard drive, as well as loaded onto my Xbox. Teams I edited/created/updated.
2) I imported 30 of those teams - using Finn's editor - into a regular roster file in order to use them in a season or franchise "mode"
3) the import process screwed up the players as I mentioned earlier
4) I don't see any way in the game (not using Finn's editor) to accomplish this

Can you lay out the steps you are talking about like this? I am not sure if you are talking about working in Finn's editor or in game itself.

Thanks!

C
copy the player from the file i.e. 84 dolphins and and paste over the player on current roster that you want to get rid of and then go and change names and date of birth dont want any 52 year old trying to play wr lol so what do you think of the legends to current idea using names that are already in the database
Old 11-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #53
Banned

[quote=TWOSILK]
Quote:

copy the player from the file i.e. 84 dolphins and and paste over the player on current roster that you want to get rid of and then go and change names and date of birth dont want any 52 year old trying to play wr lol so what do you think of the legends to current idea using names that are already in the database
Ok..I've got you. Work in Finn's editor with 2 files loaded - a roster file and an old team file. Copy player from old team and paste in roster file. Ok..I am going to do that for one team and see how it works. The DOB are going to be a pain for sure...
Old 11-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #54
Banned

[quote=capa]
Quote:

Ok..I've got you. Work in Finn's editor with 2 files loaded - a roster file and an old team file. Copy player from old team and paste in roster file. Ok..I am going to do that for one team and see how it works. The DOB are going to be a pain for sure...
Ugh...doable...but a TON of work...will take approx 45 mins - 1 hour per team - copy, paste, change names and year of birth for 50+ players per team.

Finn...come back to me guy!!

C
Old 11-22-2005, 04:22 PM   #55
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

Icon14 Re: It's been a nice run...

[quote=capa]
Quote:

just bump up date of birth number of years between that team and the year 05 worked for me that way most of them will still be in their prime still trying to go without having to change names at all trying to put 3 legends on each team without making one team dominate trying to plug obvious weaknesses i.e bruce matthews to the texans to help that oline out or barry sanders to the lions they need a running back and so on any help would be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #56
Banned

[quote=TWOSILK]
Quote:
just bump up date of birth number of years between that team and the year 05 worked for me that way most of them will still be in their prime still trying to go without having to change names at all trying to put 3 legends on each team without making one team dominate trying to plug obvious weaknesses i.e bruce matthews to the texans to help that oline out or barry sanders to the lions they need a running back and so on any help would be appreciated
I am trying to make the real oldtime teams...replace all players on current teams with the players on the historic teams I selected. Not just a few to plug holes here and there...so I think we are coming from different directions here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »