Home

IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =)

This is a discussion on IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITION =) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2007, 11:52 PM   #873
crazycraze

OVR:
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
is it easier with a modded xbox?
where do i put the new roster (what folder)

Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #874
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IT'S FINALLY READY: THE OPERATION SPORTS COMMUNITY ROSTER: OFFSEASON/DRAFT EDITIO

Trust me, Action Replay is MUCH easier to get and use than modding your XBox. lol
Old 01-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #875
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangles
Trust me, Action Replay is MUCH easier to get and use than modding your XBox. lol
i'm pretty sure he's asking if it's easier to FTP the gamesave than to use AR... not if it's easier to physically mod his xbox or buy an AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycraze
is it easier with a modded xbox?
where do i put the new roster (what folder)

let me just say from my experience- it absolutely SUCKS trying to FTP gamesaves to and from your "magical" xbox. first problem: to the best of my knowledge, you can't put a "new save" onto your xbox, b/c there has to be an existing subfolder for the save files to be located in... logically, you first have to use your xbox and create a copy of a franchise or roster (or take a file you don't care about), so you have a UDATA slot to overwrite.

Every UDATA folder is just a jumble of numbers, so you still need to use your dashboard to identify which folder is for which game, and which number INSIDE that game folder is for each individual save. Even then, I had problems when I took an existing save and replaced the files inside of it; the game didn't recognize the result. It was corrupted.

I was fortunate enough to own AR w/ the software & some files already on my comp (the USB unit was just broken). So next, I looked at the AR zip and determined what was in it: (1) the NFL 2K5 game parent folder (which is UDATA/53450030/) , and (2) the subfolder for the individual save file-- ie the folder representing your roster or franchise. But inside the parent/game folder there are 4 files... so I can only assume these same 4 files must be at least somehow involved in every 2k5 AR gamesave.

Next logical step: I tried FTPing again, but this time including those 4 files in the parent/game folder. Result: didn't work again.

Last ditch effort.. I tried extracting an old AR zip I had into folders on my PC, replacing the files inside those folder w/ the files from my new save, and FTPing THOSE folders over. Did this work??? Kind of...2K5 succeeded in opening the franchise, but then it just kept freezing up randomly-- not even in the middle of anything. I would just be navigating around the franchise menus and boom, frozen.

Finally, I just gave up and replaced my AR w/ a new one. I'm sure it can be done, but in my experience AR is just a million times easier.

Last edited by puja21; 01-24-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2007, 09:36 PM   #876
Rookie

OVR: 3

Rickster,
I started a season with OSCDRv41 and used Finns editor to update the schedule for a franchise. When I got to the second to last game in week one - Vikings v. Redskins - I noticed that on the redskins offense that Antwan Randal-El was in at RB for Clinton Portis in several formations. I tried to sub Portis back in and it would not allow him to be subbed. I was however able to put in Betts, Duckett and any other player, just not Portis for some reason. Just curious if that was planned or maybe I discovered something here.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #877
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
Rickster,
I started a season with OSCDRv41 and used Finns editor to update the schedule for a franchise. When I got to the second to last game in week one - Vikings v. Redskins - I noticed that on the redskins offense that Antwan Randal-El was in at RB for Clinton Portis in several formations. I tried to sub Portis back in and it would not allow him to be subbed. I was however able to put in Betts, Duckett and any other player, just not Portis for some reason. Just curious if that was planned or maybe I discovered something here.
2 thoughts:

1) can u do it before the game at the substituion window in the franchise menus?

2) if not still, is Portis starting elsewhere in that same formation (at WR maybe)? Sometimes, I have found that you have to sub the player OUT of the formation before he can come back in elsewhere in that same formation.

example: I have a 3 TE set in a team w/ just 2 TEs, so the game moves the FB to the 3rd TE and the 2nd-string RB moves to FB. I can't just always sub the FB back in at his normal spot though. I first have to replace him w/ a tackle or something at the tight end spot... and then he automatically pops back in at FB.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #878
Rookie

OVR: 3

I did look at that. Randall-El was in at HB w/ no Portis in the formation. It's kinda weird. Take for instance; in the I formation w/ 1 TE, 2 WR, 1HB and 1 FB the HB would be Portis. But if you look at the same formation but w/ 3 WR's you would get Randall-El at HB and the substitution system would not let you sub to Portis and he did not show up anywhere in the formation, but you could sub to any of the other eligble HB's. I played every game in week one and that was just a weird observation.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #879
ThreeKing

OVR:

Are there rosters for the PS2? Thanks for your hard work!

Old 01-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #880
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo
I did look at that. Randall-El was in at HB w/ no Portis in the formation. It's kinda weird. Take for instance; in the I formation w/ 1 TE, 2 WR, 1HB and 1 FB the HB would be Portis. But if you look at the same formation but w/ 3 WR's you would get Randall-El at HB and the substitution system would not let you sub to Portis and he did not show up anywhere in the formation, but you could sub to any of the other eligble HB's. I played every game in week one and that was just a weird observation.

Well that is odd and I have seen this just recently myself but had no problem subbing him in with the final playoff edtion roster and it subbed him in and out just fine.

I really don't have a viable explanation at this time to offer you other then what Puja21 has mentioned here already and we seem to be pretty much on the same page except I don't think it matters wheither its for an exhibition game or franchise substitutions should work when you apply them however this sitution going on with Portis is quite unusal and appears to be an isolated incident effecting just that one team and player I haven't seen nor heard of it occuring any place eles and can only offer that you simply re-insert him in what should be his default position.

I've gotten him to show up in his proper position in the plays by using a simple sub method and placing him back where he belongs, I'll take a closer look but other then that I've experienced no problems by just subbing him back into his proper place and can't say per-say just whats causing this issue to show up but will keep an eye out to confirm some things relating to this sitution but subbing him back appears to be all that I can offer for now using the current OSCDRvPOed and OSCDRv43 rosters with which I'm having no problems with myself but feel free to speak up if anyone eles has some explanation other then what Puja21 and myself have offered please chime in.

P.S. These rosters are for the current gen XBOX system ThreeKing.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call … The Twilight Zone aka "OS...Da Spot".
— Rod Serling

Last edited by Rickster101; 01-25-2007 at 04:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »