Home

Roster with actually cap/contracts...

This is a discussion on Roster with actually cap/contracts... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #25
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Roster with actually cap/contracts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
I'm glad you chimed in bro see what you guys can come up with and keep it civil this sounds like good news so stick with it and I'm sure you'll work something out over time but don't "Hi-Jack" this thread...ya feel me?j/k

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"

i started this thread, wtf u talking about? no seriously, i dont know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2006, 06:26 PM   #26
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflchampion

Edit: I reread your post and don't think I answered your question. I'm pretty sure what's listed there is base salary without the signing bonus. Unfortunately I don't know where we could find the signing bonus numbers. I'll do some more looking.

lol.. there ya go.. i was reading ur post and was like.. hmmm?? But ya, thats wut im saying, the bonus' arent in it, and thats the problem, so hopefully they can be found...

as for u finding this info, im still in shock.. im telling u, ive searched for HOURS to get that info, and made my friends search too, in case my method was whack, so thc man
Old 06-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #27
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf03ho
i started this thread, wtf u talking about? no seriously, i dont know

Let me explain bro see the j/k it means "just kidding" wheres you sense of humor bro...j/k again stands for "Just Kidding" thats all so smile its all good!

Holla Back ya'll
'Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"
Old 06-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf03ho
lol.. there ya go.. i was reading ur post and was like.. hmmm?? But ya, thats wut im saying, the bonus' arent in it, and thats the problem, so hopefully they can be found...

as for u finding this info, im still in shock.. im telling u, ive searched for HOURS to get that info, and made my friends search too, in case my method was whack, so thc man
Don't worry, I consider myself a master researcher. Even then I pretty much stumbled across this myself. As for the bonuses, I'm not sure we'll be able to find a conclusive answer anywhere. We might just have to be content with using the fan sites as a base and filling in what we can from Google searches. I'll do a little looking to see what turns up.

Edit: After a bit more research I found this:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/

It has all of the stuff we need, so of course it isn't updated. I'll keep looking. We might be able to use a lot of the figures given for the 2004 season if the player's contract hasn't changed. I'll stay on the lookout.

Last edited by nflchampion; 06-20-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #29
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Don't worry, I consider myself a master researcher. Even then I pretty much stumbled across this myself. As for the bonuses, I'm not sure we'll be able to find a conclusive answer anywhere. We might just have to be content with using the fan sites as a base and filling in what we can from Google searches. I'll do a little looking to see what turns up.

It has all of the stuff we need, so of course it isn't updated. I'll keep looking. We might be able to use a lot of the figures given for the 2004 season if the player's contract hasn't changed. I'll stay on the lookout.

Hey nfchampion I was just wondering about something and just wanted to bounce this idea off of you....would it be possible to use the contract years before Mannings contract was re-structured or whatever and kinda use it like a retro sitution before he almost broke the bank? Just a thought something I was wondering about.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"
Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #30
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

Quote:

haha, found that site too and was soooo pumped when i did, and then see the years included and got sooo mad lol
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
Hey nfchampion I was just wondering about something and just wanted to bounce this idea off of you....would it be possible to use the contract years before Mannings contract was re-structured or whatever and kinda use it like a retro sitution before he almost broke the bank? Just a thought something I was wondering about.
Yeah, if you really want to set the numbers at their 2004 level, it would be possible. If you're going for realism, however, we should take the numbers off the NFLPA site that are accurate for the remaining years of the deal, and then try and find somewhere that has signing and other bonuses listed. I'm working on finding that site now, the USAToday site is the closest I've been able to find and hasn't been updated recently for some strange reason (the MLB one is updated through this last season, so I'm not sure why the NFL numbers cut off).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #32
Rookie

I just took a look at the editor and how it deals with contracts. I think the statistics from the NFLPA site are enough if we make a decision on how to deal with contracts.

All we have to do, in my estimation, is add up the total number of dollars allotted to a player between the 2006 season and whenever their career ends. Then find the number of years in the contract, and finally we can look at the nature of the contract to see what type of contract it is.

For example, Anthony Adams of the 49ers (first player to pop up) is scheduled to make 500,000 this year and 545,000 in 2007. Adding the two up puts the contract at 1.05 million over 2 years, and the numbers are close enough where I would call it a balanced deal. His contract is done.

The only thing left to figure out is bonuses. Thankfully, the NFLPA site doesn't account for bonuses, allowing us to use our discretion. The signing bonus numbers are on a percent scale. I would argue that we do it by overall player rating, even though it won't be perfectly accurate. In other words, highly ranked players (90+) or early first round picks should warrant larger percentage bonuses. We could set up some kind of scale, or just play it by ear, setting players who we know to have big contracts to a larger bonus. The base salary figures will work perfectly though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »