Home

Attribute Meanings

This is a discussion on Attribute Meanings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #33
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Attribute Meanings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
When I didn't know about NFL players as much I relied on stats a lot. But now that I know quite a bit about every team (I watched about 85% of all NFL games the last 2 years), I don't need stats as much.

Believe me, it is really more of an art than a science. This is especially the case when it comes to composure. How do you quantify that? This whole process is turning what someone does in real life into a set of numbers that should supposedly reproduce those reults in the game. Very tricky. I'm not saying you shouldn't use stats because I do. Just that with several attributes you have to go with your knowledge, your memory, and your gut.

Excellent post and for the most part I agree sometimes its not always in the numbers and that "Gut" feelin' serves you better in the long run, some things numbers and stats just can't mimic as far as the true feeling of seeing it come to life...a cyber life that is or it could be in the shoes!

Sometimes you just gotta trust your own gut feelin' and instict and of course you wanna keep those stats inline but its more then just a bunch of figures and stats you gotta trust your own knowledge of the game and breath some life into it by actually seeing and knowing how the game of Football and its players come together so in other words try to keep it real while maintaining a true to life representation of what real Football is all about just keep it real and thoses players will produce in the end.

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaterniti
When I didn't know about NFL players as much I relied on stats a lot. But now that I know quite a bit about every team (I watched about 85% of all NFL games the last 2 years), I don't need stats as much.

Believe me, it is really more of an art than a science. This is especially the case when it comes to composure. How do you quantify that? This whole process is turning what someone does in real life into a set of numbers that should supposedly reproduce those reults in the game. Very tricky. I'm not saying you shouldn't use stats because I do. Just that with several attributes you have to go with your knowledge, your memory, and your gut.

I agree. However, I am not very happy when every qb throws a horrid percent with 3 or 4 int's every game. I DON'T want to globally edit all db's and lb's to dumb down their coverage rating, but I think I may have to. I've tried ALOT of rating change combinations and nothing really seems to work right. I think I'm driving myself crazy.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #35
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I agree. However, I am not very happy when every qb throws a horrid percent with 3 or 4 int's every game. I DON'T want to globally edit all db's and lb's to dumb down their coverage rating, but I think I may have to. I've tried ALOT of rating change combinations and nothing really seems to work right. I think I'm driving myself crazy.
Slimm.....to answer your earlier post, I've not been seeing QB's throw more than 2 INT's a game and they are in-between 50 and 70 percent completion, BUT I'm very sure this also has to do with the defensive tweaks I've done. What I'm happy about is I'm seeing less and less "so and so has now thrown 4 (or 5) incompletions in a row". What I'm not happy about is that for some reason, cpu QB's are stepping up in the pocket too early and throw past the LOS. I just decline the penalty because it seems glitchy to me. Another reason I may be seeing this completion/INT rate is because I don't switch Dmen once the play starts. As an example, in my Eagles season vs KC (when I do get to play), Green started off a little rough but finished with 270 yds, a 63% comp., 1 TD and 2 INT's. (BTW, LJ ate me up going 165 and 4 TD's!)

Perhaps one way to check the composure factor (and again, I think all checks should come in season) is to take someone like Manning or Brady, play against their team with the composure rating at max and min and see how they "behave".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #36
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

the reason they are glitching past the oline to throw the ball is either they have too much aggression, anything over 24-25 seems to give this problem with qb's or they have to little read coverage. Low read coverage and high aggression leads to alot of that glitch your talking about. I know the higher aggression makes them take a shorter drop as well as a low read coverage.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Slimm.....to answer your earlier post, I've not been seeing QB's throw more than 2 INT's a game and they are in-between 50 and 70 percent completion, BUT I'm very sure this also has to do with the defensive tweaks I've done. What I'm happy about is I'm seeing less and less "so and so has now thrown 4 (or 5) incompletions in a row". What I'm not happy about is that for some reason, cpu QB's are stepping up in the pocket too early and throw past the LOS. I just decline the penalty because it seems glitchy to me. Another reason I may be seeing this completion/INT rate is because I don't switch Dmen once the play starts. As an example, in my Eagles season vs KC (when I do get to play), Green started off a little rough but finished with 270 yds, a 63% comp., 1 TD and 2 INT's. (BTW, LJ ate me up going 165 and 4 TD's!)

Perhaps one way to check the composure factor (and again, I think all checks should come in season) is to take someone like Manning or Brady, play against their team with the composure rating at max and min and see how they "behave".
Are the sliders that you play with posted in the Community Roster Forum?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:37 AM   #38
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

No, I'm not involved in the community roster stuff. Check this thread:

Daflyboys 2K5 ver 6 sliders

I know I've since tweaked these a bit as well, so change to your liking.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #39
MVP

daflyboys, I know it's been a while since this thread has been used, but if you read this can you post the rosters you use?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:02 PM   #40
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
daflyboys, I know it's been a while since this thread has been used, but if you read this can you post the rosters you use?
I'm on vaca. right now and will be back in a few days, but try the rosters posted in this thread:

Daflyboys' variation on Dan's rosters (Mar 06)

I'm pretty sure what I'm using now (basically, end of last NFL season rosters) is very close to this. Maybe you can make some attribute adjustments as discussed earlier in this thread to see what effects you can improve. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »