Home

2007 NFL Draft

This is a discussion on 2007 NFL Draft within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2007 NFL Draft

I'd be happy to make them if someone told me what i needed to do
Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffdawg786
I'd be happy to make them if someone told me what i needed to do
I think there's only a handful of people here that plays it on PS2. I heard that there are limitations for it also.

You might want to invest in a Xbox.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
Rookie

smokedog's Arena

OVR: 2

How about this for a start for the 2007 Draft. If you click on a players name it gives a lengthy analysis and a PRO player compared to.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draftTracker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

i still haven't found a system i like enough to go fwd with.

however, the attached spreadsheet includes-- among other things-- a grade from Sports Illustrated (w/ absolutely zero explanation unfortunately) for all but maybe ~12 draftees. While this could be used w/ a multiplier to give an OVR rating benchmark I don't like it for two reasons:
1) of course, it gives no mathematical breakdown whatsoever to individual skills
2) frankly, I don't agree w/ the majority of the grades-- & if you sort it by grade, you'll probably join me. Alhough the other major sources (Scouts' Inc., NFL.com, PFW, FoxSports, ESPN, NFLDraftScout.com) are not always in agreement, these SI grades seem waaaay off the cumulative average in many cases.

Anyway, that's not the only benefit of the attachment. In the sheet I've got the 40-yard dash time, College, Jersey #, Height, Weight, & birthdate (missing 3 DOBS) for all 255 drafted players. I also used to 2 different SPD charts & posted the two resulting SPD attributes.

Additionally, there is a column listing the Scouts Inc final "Top 30" ranking when applicable as well as a column for the FoxSports/NFLDraftScout (they shared info this year) positional ranking. The sheet also includes all relevent draft day info: round number, round-pick number, overall pick number, & how the pick was acquired (if there was a trade or if it was compensatory).

So, although I haven't yet figured out how to rate players uniformly & without bias other roster makers could use this information. Hope it helps some people out.

PS: for 40 yard dash time I used the accepted NFL Combine times being passed around news/web circuits (there is no "official" time even @ the combine). ...unless a player had a horrendous out-of-character day, was mildly injured then, or didnt attend the combine. Fortunately, NFLDraftScout/FoxSports had a really nice system in place this year, so I didnt have to rely on that bogus campus time every player throws out there for the scouts back in August of the previous year (notice how everyone runs about 2-3 tenths faster on their campus times-- ha). DS tallied several times including all pro days for the elites who tend to skip the combine (Quinn, Russell, Ginn, Peterson). Then they posted a low mid high & "final" 40-time. So I would say these are accurate IMO.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

attachment must have been detached?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:31 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

weird-- i can literally remember attaching it.... right down to seeing the kilobyte size on the pop up window

oh well
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2007 NFL Draft.zip (23.4 KB, 51 views)
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

thanks!! looks good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #16
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
(missing 3 DOBS) for all 255 drafted players.
Dashon Goldson Sept. 18, 1984

Johnny Baldwin Apr 1, 1984

Justin Rogers Aug 31, 1983

*Change Reggie Nelson to Sept 21, 1983*

Last edited by slapnutz2k2; 05-03-2007 at 09:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »