Home

07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)??

This is a discussion on 07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 07/08 Franchise or Roster File for NFL 2K5 (XBOX)??

If I can sell it - I will donate 20% of the money to you Finn for your magnificent Roster Editor - actually you did such a good job you could have made some coin on your wondeful program - I would definitely have bought your editor - but rest assured I will give some of whatever I sell to you as you absolutely deserve it.....

As for everyone else trying to dog me here - 1. get a life - you are the same people that cry that everything people did online was cheese from rushing the QB with LBs or throwing lobs - SHUT the HELL UP. 2. Ive seen SO MANY roster edits with players WAY over rated - ive dled all kinds of rosters and Ive always thought WTF does this person even know about football.

Im an eagles fan - i know the team inside and out - The first guy I look at is Ryan Moats - if he is over 65 on your roster - your roster is shyte. Second guy is Winston Justice or Max Jean Gilles - if they are rated over 70 - your roster is shyte. Next is Broderick Bunkley - he did 44 reps in the combine last year -but so what - that would make his strength like 95 and his rating would be over 80 - if Broderick bunkley is over 75 on your rosters - your roster is shyte.

- see people are ALWAYS into the quantity of players whereas its the quality of the new ratings that is the most important.

I dont care how many of you OS geeks I piss off - I really don't give a damn - I just want to share what i have worked hard on for 3 years and I thought why not try to make a little money - if you dont have 4.99 then you shouldn't have an xbox. Finn absolutely royalties to you. I hope more people have given you money for your hard work.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 PM   #34
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

SEE! I told you he was trying to make friends and influence people.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #35
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I was just kidding about the money... it was more to point out that I am against selling this stuff but to each his own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #36
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejesus02
The first guy I look at is Ryan Moats - if he is over 65 on your roster - your roster is shyte. Second guy is Winston Justice or Max Jean Gilles - if they are rated over 70 - your roster is shyte. Next is Broderick Bunkley - he did 44 reps in the combine last year -but so what - that would make his strength like 95 and his rating would be over 80 - if Broderick bunkley is over 75 on your rosters - your roster is shyte.
Hey....what can we say. Shyte happens.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
If I can sell it - I will donate 20% of the money to you Finn for your magnificent Roster Editor - actually you did such a good job you could have made some coin on your wondeful program - I would definitely have bought your editor - but rest assured I will give some of whatever I sell to you as you absolutely deserve it.....

As for everyone else trying to dog me here - 1. get a life - you are the same people that cry that everything people did online was cheese from rushing the QB with LBs or throwing lobs - SHUT the HELL UP. 2. Ive seen SO MANY roster edits with players WAY over rated - ive dled all kinds of rosters and Ive always thought WTF does this person even know about football.

Im an eagles fan - i know the team inside and out - The first guy I look at is Ryan Moats - if he is over 65 on your roster - your roster is shyte. Second guy is Winston Justice or Max Jean Gilles - if they are rated over 70 - your roster is shyte. Next is Broderick Bunkley - he did 44 reps in the combine last year -but so what - that would make his strength like 95 and his rating would be over 80 - if Broderick bunkley is over 75 on your rosters - your roster is shyte.

- see people are ALWAYS into the quantity of players whereas its the quality of the new ratings that is the most important.

I dont care how many of you OS geeks I piss off - I really don't give a damn - I just want to share what i have worked hard on for 3 years and I thought why not try to make a little money - if you dont have 4.99 then you shouldn't have an xbox. Finn absolutely royalties to you. I hope more people have given you money for your hard work.
WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

NO ONE is going to pay you money for your roster update and the reasons why are simple. Why would someone pay you when they could just download someone else's roster for free or simply take the time to create their own roster?

I do agree with you about paying for Finn's editor. I would much rather pay Finn $50.00 instead of EA.

Eagles fan huh??? I have my own rating setup based on drafted rookies. I had Moats rated a 72 as a rookie and then 77 after an impressive rookie season. For my 2K8 roster, he'll probably go back down to 72. I had Justice rated 77 as a rookie and should already be the starting RT but Philly decided to resign Runyan in 2006. Giles rated 68 as a rookie. Bunkley was 80 as a rookie but he'll be lowered for my 2K8 roster.

Let me ask you this - what do you think that McNabb, Trotter, Spikes, Dawkins, Sheppard, Brown, Westbrook, Kearse, Runyan, Thomas, Patterson and Howard should be rated? Just curious to see what you would rate these guys.

For some strange reason, I think this guy is a pissed off EA employee. LOL.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
glad it's so black & white lol. self-professed experts are AWESOME!!! were you among the 2 people outside of the Bills organization who said Donte Whitner was a great pick as opposed to the Eagles' later choices of Bunkley or Justice everyone was championing. hindsight=20-20

football is not black & white, "good or shyte" as you say. do you consider Mike Furrey to be an all-pro caliber WR b/c he finished #2 in the league in catches? is Cato June all-pro b/c he played in a cover-2 def that funneled tackles his way??? what about the disparity of sacks & tackles b/w 1-gap & 2-gap DTs. youre an eagles fan; tell me, is Darwin Walker among the best pass rushing DTs in the league as his #'s indicate? the eagles were an absolutely dominant pass rush in terms of sack numbers for a good stretch in the middle of '06. the scheme absolutely matters.

^that's why ratings are not black & white IMO. perhaps someone is gearing their rosters toward the players' physical attributes & not production. There is no perfect method either way. Consider the opposite of your Bunkley/strength argument; Jeff Garcia went 5-1 down the stretch. Do you crank his accuracy or arm strength up to 99 to give him a rating that isn't "shyte?" Of course not-- he doesn't have an elite arm. he plays great football in a west coast offense w/ a dynamic back. maybe should i set mike bartrums' throwing, catch or consistency to 99 b/c he was a spectacular long snapper.

Quote:
I dont care how many of you OS geeks I piss off - I really don't give a damn - I just want to share what i have worked hard on for 3 years
^irony? "pot, meet kettle. kettle, meet pot." i can assure u no one is going to be pissed off by yet another OS geek-- regardless of ur level of arrogance (amused maybe). i'm sure ur a certified athletic genius, but plenty of people here know the sport football very well. i mean it's not exactly "rocket surgery," as they say. it's football dude.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
or they could just DL mine or any other roster-maker's files for free right here @ OS come august. i can say w/ confidence that no quality OS roster-maker would ever have tiki barber on the 07-08 giants, & while most of the work ive seen (from flipmo, daflyboys, rickster, dan, etc) certainly wouldnt make a rookie @ 95, it doesnt matter b/c all ratings are inherently flawed. Even the original 04 rookies had hiccups. if you chart their combine performance against their ratings-- not every player (even @ a given pos) falls into the range of a formula. so, just like in madden, there was some human element in the default system even for determining more measurable skills like SPD STR JMP AGL. And if every one one of the 1500 players in a roster fell into an exact forumla, it still doesn't account for the intangibles-- the Jerry Rice/Emmitt Smith/Terrell Davis/Tom Brady/Marques Colston factor.

Ratings are subjective & constantly fluctuate.

although this is an open forum, you prob arent going to find many OS members who agree w/ ur selling rosters. we all spend time making our files too... & none that ive seen charge a dime. PS nice pickup Finn... sorta puts it in perspective as to who does the real work behind each of these files
Exactly.

I just want to comment on the 2004 rookies. I'm using a rating setup for all drafted rookies since 2004 and will then adjust them accordingly for my 2K8 roster update.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Puja isn't it a little 2 early to say who made out better w/ those Draft Picks?? It's only been 1 year.

Whitner is no doubt a great talent but he was forced to play because Buffalo had nobody in front of him that was any good so he made the most of his opportunity I give him credit for that. Bunkley & Justcie were stuck behind other PROVEN players which puts the kibosh on them doin their thing. Bunkley came in late & out of shape & wasn't focused so he obvbiously struggled. This year he's in Great shape focused & will be very much improved barring any injury. He's been working out at the Eagles facilities every day since last season ended...I for 1 am very excited to see what the Big Fella brings to the table.

Justice on the other hand is just stuck behind 1 of the better LT's in the game right now in William (Tra) Thomas. This will most likely be Thomas's last year here in Philly & Justice will be the guy starting next year unless he beats him out in training camp which isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Last edited by #1EaglesFan1973; 06-08-2007 at 12:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »