Home

Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts?

This is a discussion on Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts?

Daflyboys has a topic about whether or not off the field activities should prevent a player from being on the roster and / or depth chart but what about season ending injuries?

This is a tough one. Take Eagles OG Shawn Andrews for example, he's suffered an injury that will cost him the season and possibly, even his career. What are you other roster makers going to do? I'm somewhat undecided right now and will wait until final cuts before making any final decisions but at the same time, if it's a starter or high draft pick, he should be left on the roster.

This is a tough decision because on one hand, the player isnt hurt in-game but on the other hand, you may want to play with the team they way they are in reality.

Decisions, decisions....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Should season ending injuries affect rosters / depth charts?

What I like is for franchises unless a dramatic case happens (Mike Vick & Pacman, for example), I really like teams to be at full strength. So I really don't take into account season-ending injuries like LeCharles Bentley's last year or Shawn Andrews this year... I just play and let the virtual injuries happen. Just my preference, though.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
Banned

I was also thinking of having two franchise files, one with the players on IR and one without but I havent made a final decision on that yet.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

Yeah, I'm thinking that would be the best idea to be honest with you. Suits both gamers! But, ultimately that's up to you.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ya, I did mention injuries in there (in passing) as well. I think after reading comments in both threads I like the idea of season ending injuries not counting against a player who would normally start, but anything else, especially long term suspensions, get the given player benched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

"Benched" as in on the depth chart or in the FA pool?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
"Benched" as in on the depth chart or in the FA pool?
I would say full season = FA pool and partial season = benched (as you don't know where he'll be upon return). I don't play multiple seasons, so I could care less about who's in the FA pool.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I would say full season = FA pool and partial season = benched (as you don't know where he'll be upon return). I don't play multiple seasons, so I could care less about who's in the FA pool.
While im like you and only play one full season, I do care about who's in the FA pool because unless you decrease the overall rating to zero, the CPU may sign players that you have in FA. For example, if I put Vick at 80 in FA, he'll be signed after week one and in my current roster, he would go to the Colts because they only have two QB's on the roster and the CPU goes by team needs. I wouldnt want to see Vick as a backup to Manning when in reality, he would still be under contract to the Falcons despite being in prison and / or suspended.

The CPU signs players in FA based on team needs and is pre-determined in regards to where players will go. For example, I have the Colts, Cowboys and Ravens with only two QB's on the roster. If I was to put Vick at 80 in FA and the next two highest rated QB's are 65 and 60, Vick would be signed by the Colts while the 65 rated QB goes to the Cowboys and the 60 rated QB goes to the Ravens. It's all pre-determined.

That's one of the reasons why im still undecided.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »