Home

PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on PUJA21 File Discussion Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #401
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

Quote:
i have downloaded a couple of roster files and have seen that the team ratings for most teams are way too high. ive seen the dolphins rated with a 90 or 95 rating. just wondering if there is any roster out there where the ratings of the teams and players are more believable. this is not intended to make any one mad cause i appreciate the work that everybody does
^not sure youre in the right thread as the dolphins are rated near the bottom in my file & are nowhere near the 90s

also, you are just fooling yourself if you put any stock in team ratings; they are just an average of the OVR rating of the players sorted by depth chart.

for example, take two teams that are identical except for the following: one has 5 defensive ends rated 98. The other is completely short-handed a tthat position, only 1 defensive end on the roster but he is rated 100. Although the 2nd team can't even field a starting lineup, they will be rated higher.

i would largely ignore team ratings if i were you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 4

thanks for clearing that up. like i said i have downloaded a couple of different rosters so maybe i loaded one that i didnt mean to load and just didnt notice. thanks for the heads up
Old 01-27-2008, 03:20 AM   #403
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

hey puja, I just had a question. Have you had any problems with adding player contracts? Also did you add your player contracts while in a franchise, or did you edit the contracts in your regular roster first, then use that roster for your franchise. thanks josh
Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #404
MVP

hey josh--i edited my contracts in the editor before starting the franchise

i have one suggestion: save backups OFTEN & track who you edited in each backup

i did have problems on my first go around & basically doubled my work. first effort, i went through & edited ~700 contracts w/o much testing or detail. although i had backups, i wasn't as organized as i am typically & at some point lost track of which contracts had been done thru each file. when i got all finished, the game froze when i attempted to begin franchise mode. although i could go back to previous files to find where the freezing stopped, because i didnt know which contracts were applied in each iteration, the first working backup wasn't as useful.

2nd time around i tracked everything & no problems occurred. i am hypothesizing here, but I believe that if you edit many contracts (100+) in the editor w/o saving in b/w (same as with the injured reserve tool) the file can be corrupted.

this is what i would recommend:
--save the file you are in after editing each contract
--save, close & reopen the file after every 25 contracts
--backup & start a "new file" every 50 contracts
^^doing this i had zero problems

good luck
Old 01-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #405
Rookie

Phil21's Arena

OVR: 3

Does this roster file have pictures of all the players?

I really hope so, because I hate seeing replays with the generic black face. There are some really close replicas to the the major players in the league.

Here's some faces I found that look real similar to players now:
Braylon Edwards = Walker, Brian
Kellen Winslow = Isom, Jason
Reggie Bush = Heard, Ronnie
Vince Young = Swinton, Reggie

- OS Staff
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #406
MVP

^no, as most ppl decided they "really hate seeing fake pics"

i guess it's pick your poison. for some players, adding a fake pick removes their cyberface... you mentioned K2 for instance.... he has a real head/face that you lose applying someone else's picture

Last edited by puja21; 01-29-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up

I just downloaded your latest franchise file. It gives this game a whole new life. Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into this. Greatly appreciated.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just ordered an Xport. I noticed there are quite a few files in the puja roster zip file.
WHich one do I transfer to my 360 hard drive? ANy help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Just looked at the file. Is this a franchise file or just a roster file? Is it possible to transfer only the new rosters over to the hard drive and start a new franchise? WHich file is only the rosters?
Anyone?

Last edited by jima; 01-30-2008 at 09:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »