Home

New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

This is a discussion on New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New gr18 'Roster Rating' Franchise file

I haven't tried this roster out yet, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for working on this. Looking forward to more updates once the rosters are pared down a bit.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I will certainly be making roster additions/adjustments as soon as depth charts become more apparent.I really find it tough right now to narrow most teams to 54 players.
Besides every team's official web site, here's an independent one that I use and find very useful especially when the season starts -

http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/index.html

Looking over my 49ers team, here's what their 54 player roster looks like as of now -

qb(3) - Smith, Hill, O'Sullivan
rb(6) - Gore, Foster, Clayton
fb(7) - Robinson
wr(13) - Battle, Johnson, Bruce, Hill, Lelie, Morgan (R)
te(17) - Davis, Walker, Bajema, Jennings
c(19) - Heitmann, Wallace (R)
og(22) - Baas, Snyder, Rachal (R)
ot(25) - Staley, Jennings, Sims

dt(28) - Franklin, Fields, Cohen
de(32) - Smith, Sopoaga, Balmer (R), McDonald
olb(37) - Lawson, Cain, Green, Haralson, J. Moore
ilb(42) - Willis, Spikes, Ulbrich, Thomas, Grant (R)
cb(48) - Clements, Harris, Spencer, Strickland, Hudson, Brown
ss(50) - M. Lewis, K. Lewis
fs(52) - Goldson, Smith (R)

k(53) - Nedney
p(54) - Lee

Notes -

1) J.T. O'Sullivan is on track to be the starter but there's no way in hell that he should be. As a 49ers fan, m happy with Martz and Nolan and if Sullivan is named starting QB, GM Scot McCloughan should fire both for several valid reasons which if you want to see, go to nfldraftcountdown.com and go to the 49ers team forum.

2) FB isnt a need with Martz as OC. Norris is expected to be released with Keasey expected to make it past the final cuts. However, I would much rather see Robinson as an RB/FB/HB type so Clayton can make the roster.

3) A lot of people are expecting to see Lelie get released since Morgan has outplayed him and others thus far but considering the talent and depth, I would keep all six receivers.

4) Defensively, im guessng that FS Mark Roman will get released if Goldson wins the starting job. Rookie Reggie Smith is playing cornerback but most expect him to be the future FS as do I.

5) The first name listed at each position is the starter with the second name being the co-starter or backup depending on the position.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

My brother-in-law is a 49ers fan.

I kept Reggie Smith in mind but wanted to see how things shook out because I knew he needed alot of work to see time at corner but it makes sense that he would fit at safety.I never thought Roman was any good and Lelie would probably be a depth filler for receiver.

I think Alex Smith should get one last opportunity.Shaun Hill is certainly a better option than O' Sullivan.It has to be a decoy to put more motivation into Smith and Hill.

Thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
My brother-in-law is a 49ers fan.

I kept Reggie Smith in mind but wanted to see how things shook out because I knew he needed alot of work to see time at corner but it makes sense that he would fit at safety.I never thought Roman was any good and Lelie would probably be a depth filler for receiver.

I think Alex Smith should get one last opportunity.Shaun Hill is certainly a better option than O' Sullivan.It has to be a decoy to put more motivation into Smith and Hill.

Thanks for the info.
One thing is for sure, Reggie Smith will definitely make the final roster. Smith should definitely be the starter in my opinion. I dont care for Smith but considering the fact that they exercised his buyback option for 2009 and 2010, he should definitely be the starter.

You're welcome.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I just put the roster attachment to the first post.I know someone who had a problem with my first roster file but this one should definitely work.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #14
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
You're welcome.

dan.......don't act like the HughesNet satellite chick! lol
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
dan.......don't act like the HughesNet satellite chick! lol
WHO????????????????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Gr18, what sliders and settings do you recommend I should play these on?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »