Home

Aggression rating for receivers

This is a discussion on Aggression rating for receivers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Aggression rating for receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I believe in most roster files,including mine,db's are rated at 64 not 127.
i put CB agg at 1
Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i put CB agg at 1

I actually think that is the way to go. Agg at 1 keeps them from always trying to swat or intercept the pass and giving up big plays when they miss.

At 1 they stay on the WR more and dont get burned. It takes away those goofy angles becuase they arent playing the ball so aggressivley.
Minnesota Wild
Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6

There is no secret to the Aggression rating. I personally keep it between the ranges of 0 and 99 at 1/3 intervals. Meaning, depending on position, you will only have an aggression rating of 0, 33, 66 or 99. This set up has worked perfectly for me because it gives the most realistic gameplay. No longer will you see RBs busting for 80-90 yard runs 3 times in a game because the Safteys, LBs, and DL over pursuits because their TOO AGGRESSIVE. You also wont see CBs out of position on the ball or going for an interception and missing allowing for a reciever to break for a 80 yard TD run. Again; TOO AGGRESSIVE. My formula is simple.

CBs, K, P = 0
WRs, S, OL = 33
TE, LB, QB = 66
DL = 99

These settings allow for perfect gameplay and feel and minimize unrealistic big plays which yield inflatted end game stat lines. Its your choice on which sliders to use. The default All-Pro or Legend sliders work fine. I personally use the following:

All offensive categories for Human & CPU are notched at 10 while, Coverage, Tackling and Pursuit for Human and CPU are notched at 30, also Human fatigue and kicking is at 10 while CPU fatigue and kicking is at 30. Interceptions are at 0 and fumbling is at 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by airnique23
There is no secret to the Aggression rating. I personally keep it between the ranges of 0 and 99 at 1/3 intervals. Meaning, depending on position, you will only have an aggression rating of 0, 33, 66 or 99. This set up has worked perfectly for me because it gives the most realistic gameplay. No longer will you see RBs busting for 80-90 yard runs 3 times in a game because the Safteys, LBs, and DL over pursuits because their TOO AGGRESSIVE. You also wont see CBs out of position on the ball or going for an interception and missing allowing for a reciever to break for a 80 yard TD run. Again; TOO AGGRESSIVE. My formula is simple.

CBs, K, P = 0
WRs, S, OL = 33
TE, LB, QB = 66
DL = 99

These settings allow for perfect gameplay and feel and minimize unrealistic big plays which yield inflatted end game stat lines. Its your choice on which sliders to use. The default All-Pro or Legend sliders work fine. I personally use the following:

All offensive categories for Human & CPU are notched at 10 while, Coverage, Tackling and Pursuit for Human and CPU are notched at 30, also Human fatigue and kicking is at 10 while CPU fatigue and kicking is at 30. Interceptions are at 0 and fumbling is at 10.
I personally feel that raising the 'pursuit' slider would give better results for the 'too many big plays'.I don't seem to have that problem when I'm playing.

I put all computer offensive categories maxed and they still don't always have good totals against me.

Whatever works for you,though.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

does pursuit jackup the pass rush at all (or too much)?

i ask as "pursuit" used to be synonymous w/ "pass rush" back in the mid 90s in Madden & Joe Montana
Old 09-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
does pursuit jackup the pass rush at all (or too much)?

i ask as "pursuit" used to be synonymous w/ "pass rush" back in the mid 90s in Madden & Joe Montana
The pursuit slider is the most mysterious one.

Some say that it affects pass coverage and how much receivers break on the ball.I'm not sure about that.

I do know that when you keep it around 4 that you're more prone to big plays because slower defenders won't catch you on a breakaway.I personally like this because this isn't Madden where a defensive tackle might catch Devin Hester on All-Madden.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
Rookie

airnique23's Arena

OVR: 6

Pursuit is just that...Pursuit. The higher it is raised, the less likely your going to get away for a long gain. Its a defensive boost that allows a LB, S or Corner beat on a play to catch the opposition. It definately cuts down on big plays or punt/kickoff returns but sometimes its alittle unrealistic in instances where you'll see a OL or QB run down a CB on an interception thats a clear pick-6. However, Im not sure that it affects the defenses pass rush. I think thats parallels more with the plays individual pass rush ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hello All,
Does anyone play franchise mode? Do you edit the whole draft class every time you finish a season?
I also noticed GR18s rosters have very low catching for DBs, which could be from the original roster pulls, I dunno. My friend and I play on legendary (no slider changes) with and older non aggression tweaked roster, and INTs seem very realistic as far as the number per year. So that leads to another question. Is the catching stat for DBs globally edited as well on your rosters? How much work is it to keep all of this up through 14 simulated seasons? Seems like a lot to me, as well as the potential to cheat and sneak a peek at the future draft classes....
2K5 must live on as long as there is no madden alternative, because madden flat out blows. Great work Finn and the rest of the 2k community!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »