Home

Aggression rating for receivers

This is a discussion on Aggression rating for receivers within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Aggression rating for receivers

I've been testing the aggression rating for receivers and ,in my roster file at least,the 127 rating seems to make a difference in the computers consistency and overall efficiency in the passing game.

I lowered only the receivers ratings from 127 down to 99 and they seem to be running crisper,more precise routes.

All other areas,the line interaction and running plays work well with the 127 rating.

I've been playing this game a long time but never bothered with globally editing aggression ratings to 127.I usually did a 64/99.Like I said,while I like the results of 127 for other areas,the receivers I don't.Maybe it works better in other roster files but then again it may be something to look into with others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Aggression rating for receivers

That's Interesting, I've been using your roster file for about two weeks now, and I've found the global 127 to make the game feel sweet, especially the DBs and Wrs as they seem to go get it.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado456
That's Interesting, I've been using your roster file for about two weeks now, and I've found the global 127 to make the game feel sweet, especially the DBs and Wrs as they seem to go get it.
Thanks for the feedback.If the general consensus is that the 127 is better for receivers I'll go with that.Just something I'm looking into right now.It's hard to gauge after a few games.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I just got done lowering all 127 aggressions to 100. Havent tested it out yet.

IMO the 127 makes the game too aggressive. It does exactly what you say it does, but it seems too extreme. The defenders play like rabid animals and the WR's will dive full speed into 3 defenders like kamikazies. There would be 5 people paralyzed per game if this were real.

Also I think it hurts the kick return and overall offense. The defenders just attack the ball like maniacs and blast through anything to get to it.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Chitown you're right that the 127 rating makes the players super aggressive, but I've found this to be relistic in that the Defense won't just let layback or go in dummy mode, they're always head hunting, as far as the Wrs, at times they will go kamikaze, but its the little things they'll do like fightin off the Dbs, at the line and splittin two Dbs to make a catch, that i think are a direct result of the high aggression rating, I also found that the high aggression keeps me into the game in that even with a two touchdown lead the CPU can come storming back at any minute, or if i'm sluffin' on the play callin' I can get behind quick. But all in all, I think it comes down to play style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

the part the really bugs me is the db behavior with 127. They don't cover the receiver at all and run in circles when the ball is thrown. Granted this is flawed in the game design but i feel 127 makes it even worse. Playing zone is awesome because defenders will jump for the ball realistically when thrown over their head, but when it comes to man on man coverage i just can't stand playing it.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
the part the really bugs me is the db behavior with 127. They don't cover the receiver at all and run in circles when the ball is thrown. Granted this is flawed in the game design but i feel 127 makes it even worse. Playing zone is awesome because defenders will jump for the ball realistically when thrown over their head, but when it comes to man on man coverage i just can't stand playing it.
I believe in most roster files,including mine,db's are rated at 64 not 127.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
MVP

gr18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
I just got done lowering all 127 aggressions to 100. Havent tested it out yet.

IMO the 127 makes the game too aggressive. It does exactly what you say it does, but it seems too extreme. The defenders play like rabid animals and the WR's will dive full speed into 3 defenders like kamikazies. There would be 5 people paralyzed per game if this were real.

Also I think it hurts the kick return and overall offense. The defenders just attack the ball like maniacs and blast through anything to get to it.
I used to use a 64/99 instead of going 127.It works well but I do like the aggressive line-play w/127 other than it can become like Madden especially w/a bad o-line.

One thing I did,which will be in on my update,is to even things out a little by raising all o-lineman,te's and fb's pass and run block ratings by 5.After playing a couple of games I think this feels right by there still is a pass rush but the o-lineman will hold their blocks alot better.

Last edited by gr18; 08-25-2008 at 06:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »