Home

PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

This is a discussion on PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 04:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: PS2 Roster -- Updated for 08/09 using Finn's Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
This would be my roster accurate as of 9/2.I'm glad to see it being put to use for the PS2.I played the PS2 version for a couple of years until I went with the Xbox because of Finn's editor.I think you'll find the rosters to be very good.
Thanks for the confirmation and, more importantly, thanks for the file. Hope I made it clear enough in the initial post that I was basing this off your work. Much appreciated.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by connoll3
Dunno. I don't have a PS3 and am not familiar with the steps you'd need to take to get a PS2 file to transfer for use on a PS3. There are a bunch of other threads here with PS3 users interested in successfully transferring a PS2 file over, so peek around.

As noted, I imported gr18's XBox roster using Finn's editor. I imported it over a default PS2 option file and then saved it as .max. Not sure precisely how accurate gr18's roster is; but it seems to be the most up-to-date file on hand. (edit: gr18 says above it's updated to Sept 2.)

I'm just starting to use Finn's editor, so I'm not familiar with all the bells and whistles as yet. The file I posted above is functional, but probably far from ideal. I've noticed, for instance, that DOBs and years played are screwed up in the file. Don't know if that's because I didn't do something properly when importing, or something else. In short, this file is a start for people looking for an updated ps2 file.
DOB's aren't exactly accurate but very close to their age.The old file I tweaked wasn't accurate and after doing everything else,adjusting these seemed to be almost pointless due to time constraints.

Years played I tried to get,for the most part accurate.The file I adjusted from still had last year rookies still as rookies,so I went pretty far with it and only this years rookies are listed as such.I think there's a low percentage of players that may be off by a year.

The overall ratings of players,I think,is hard to argue with.I think that I did a pretty damn good job with those.The only person that told me they had a problem with them expected Madden-like ratings where everyone is 85+.They couldn't understand how a borderline starter could be in the 70's,not understanding that truly exceptional players need to stand out from the average ones.

There were only a few minor late moves that I didn't make.I felt an obligation to get my files out before the season started on 9/4 for everyone.

Last edited by gr18; 09-13-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
DOB's aren't exactly accurate but very close to their age.The old file I tweaked wasn't accurate and after doing everything else,adjusting these seemed to be almost pointless due to time constraints...
Yeah, I can imagine. Please don't take my comment as being a knock on your file.

I actually think I might have done something to put the years played/DOBs further out of whack with the importing I did, because I've gone back and compared your original file and my PS2 version and there are a few details that don't quite sync up. Overall, though, importing seemed to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Have you tried to restore the file? By that I mean, after exporting and importing, go back to the xbox file and back-up the roster (Tools>export player data). Then start up the PS2 save and restore it (tools>restore). Check player names and colleges as a check and tell it to restore everything. It will basically overwrite any player that matches the name and college with the correct data from the xbox file. Very simple and accurate to get those DOBs back to what they were.

1. Open xbox file
2. Tools>export player data
3. Open PS2 file
4. Tools>Restore player data
5. When screen comes up, choose player first name, last name, and college on top and check everything on botom (you'll know when you see it)
6. Hit restore
7. Check file and resave.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I started to make updates to a roster someone posted from Nov of last year. I made most of the trades and created all the QB's but had awhile to go. Checked out these rosters and they look really good. I checked on nfl.com and these are the transactions I found as of 9/2 that aren't in the update. If anyone finds others or if I made a error let me know.

WR-Samie Parker FA-Sea
WR-Eddie Kenison FA-Stl
QB-Chris Simms FA-Ten
0T-Charles Spencer FA-Jac
DT-William Joseph Oak-FA
CB-Oglesby Dal-Balt
LB-Brent Hawkins Jac-FA
LB- Buster Davis FA-Ind
C-Mahan Pit-TB
C- Buenning TB-Chi
FS Fudge FA-Atl
LB- Orr FA-Cle
CB-Philips Bal-FA
TE Ryan Mia-FA
WR-Hubbard Cle-FA
QB-Bollinger FA-Dal
G-Mathis FA-Mia
FB-Cramer FA- Mia
RB- Dorsett Sea-Ind
DT- Thomas-NO-FA
TE Blakely Ten-FA
DT Johnson Ind-FA
DE Cummings NYJ-FA
K-Feely-FA-NYJ
TE Miller NO-FA
T-Barton Chi-Mia
Old 09-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

attachment?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:08 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Have you tried to restore the file? By that I mean, after exporting and importing, go back to the xbox file and back-up the roster (Tools>export player data). Then start up the PS2 save and restore it (tools>restore). Check player names and colleges as a check and tell it to restore everything. It will basically overwrite any player that matches the name and college with the correct data from the xbox file. Very simple and accurate to get those DOBs back to what they were.
Nope, I hadn't done that. Thanks for the tip.

Here's a version of the initial file after I went back and restored everything. Doing so cleans up issues with DOBs and years pro.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ESPNNFL2K9.rar (265.5 KB, 215 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Ok I need some help putting this roster file on the PS3, I know how to save a PS2 PSV file to the PS3, but how do you save a RAR file?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »