Home

New info on the Roster Update Schedule

This is a discussion on New info on the Roster Update Schedule within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
New info on the Roster Update Schedule

From an Administrator over at ESPN Forums:

We are shooting for the 16th (during the 10am PST maintenance) as the release of the opening day roster. Between now and then we will also be modifying the servers so that any league created but not scheduled by then will use the new roster when the schedule is generated. That way you guys can start filling your leagues now and hit the ground running when the roster update comes out.

16th - online roster update for both Xbox and PS2

16th - offline roster update for PS2

23rd - offline roster update for Xbox (it must go through MS certification which takes about a week).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New info on the Roster Update Schedule

So does this mean that if I want to start a franchise with the roster update for xbox, I have to wait until the 23rd? I am assuming thats what is meant by the offline roster. If so, that really stinks.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
So does this mean that if I want to start a franchise with the roster update for xbox, I have to wait until the 23rd? I am assuming thats what is meant by the offline roster. If so, that really stinks.
that's how I read it, and that's what its looking like...bummer...
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Old 09-08-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

so your telling me that we won't get the new rosters update for xbox until the 23rd, if so that major Bull**it. You have to wait a week for microsoft to aprove, give it up.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-08-2004, 08:24 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

karma...

2004...offline, yes...online, no
2005...online, yes...offline, no

mentos the freshmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2004, 09:10 AM   #6
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Who the f*** schedules this stuff?? I assumed they were going to be done with the offline roster update August 31st counting MS's verification.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 18

remember, sony doesnt have to verify...so they both could be released on the 16th...which is "somewhat" reasonable..."a week after week one"...makes sense i guess

so hopefully the cut off date for finalizing rosters was sept.1 "a week before week one"

we, as xbox users, still get shafted anyway
Old 09-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

ya know, i consider myself pretty reasonable with this stuff. the user has the power to make his own rosters and if you really want to start a franchise with updated rosters by the start of the season, the only sure-fire way to make sure that happens is to do it yourself. i get that. however, don't list a release date and then on the day that the update is supposed to be released say 'oh yeah, well, we didn't get them done and there's still more moves to make so we'll get them done late next week...probably'. that is a bull move.

you can't get too pissed off at something like this since we've all had the game going on 2 months now and could have been doing roster moves ourselves as the preseason progressed. but i still think it's just a bull move to announce a date for an update and wait until the day of that update to say you're not holding your deadline. if i did something similar at my job, i would be fired.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »