Home

Glory Awaits - A Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Dynasty

This is a discussion on Glory Awaits - A Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Glory Awaits - A Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Dynasty

The Start of Something Great
(I Hope!)

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas
Adam Schefter reporting.

Kansas City today made the startling announcement that the unknown Christopher Jackson will be taking over from Herm Edwards as head coach of the Chiefs.

Jackson is an unknown in NFL circles having no previous coaching experience in North America. Jackson has had 3 successful years as head coach of the University of Birmingham Panthers in the UK, but his only other coaching experience is as a part-time coach.

When asked what type of defence and offence he is expected to run, Jackson replied that the ball will be in the air alot when it comes to offence and on defence, he has something special lined up. Only time will tell just how special.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Glory Awaits - A Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Dynasty

Name: Christopher Jackson
Personality: Drive
Skills
Team chemistry - 4
Play calling - 4
Strategy - 4
Special Skills
Game Film Analysis
Hard Hit Training
Improved Tackling

Christopher Jackson was the star MLB for the Manchester Crusaders before a severe dislocation of the kneecap forced him to retire. Since retiring Jackson has been working as an ambassador for NFLUK trying to promote the sport in the UK. He took a job as linebacker coach with the crusaders before being appointed defensive co-ordinator for the University of Birmingham Panthers. After one year where the Panthers led the league in sacks and tackles, he was promoted to Head Coach. Under his leadership the Panthers went onto win 3 consecutive national titles having the number 1 defence in 2 of those years.

Jackson now plans to bring his unique defence to the NFL.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

Decent start, we'll see how this goes, I'll be following.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 06-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Playbooks and Philosophies

Offensive Playbook - McDaniels Plays
Defensive Playbook - 335 Mustang

Philosophies

Coach Hire - give up no control
Trade - Trade down, Undervalue, Light Trader, Passive
Draft - Team need, Scout Team Need, Team need focus
Contract - Cheap, Rarely use, 1mil, talent, normal, evenly, low ball

QB - Pure Passer
HB - Power HB
FB - Blocking FB
WR - Quick/Route Runner
TE - Playmaker
O Line - Zone blocker
DE - Undersized Speed rusher
DT - Run Stopper
OLB - Run Stopper
MLB - Power/Blitzer
CB - Man Coverage
FS - Prototype FS
SS - Smart/Productive SS
K - Balanced
P - Balanced

Now that i set my philosophies it's time to look at what i need.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Yay, I get to see how the 3-3-5 works and if Zone Blocking is effective.
I dunno why you bought play calling, strategy and team chemistry though. Could you give me your reasoning on that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

You'll probably need to find a QB in the draft. Maybe Matt Ryan will be avalible at 5? Or Joe Flacco at your next pick (is it 14?). There's some good sleeper QBs in Day 2 too.
Toronto Blue Jays Fan
Philadelphia Eagles Fan
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #7
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
You'll probably need to find a QB in the draft. Maybe Matt Ryan will be available at 5? Or Joe Flacco at your next pick (is it 14?). There's some good sleeper QBs in Day 2 too.
Brian Brohm (round 2-ish) is solid too.
Maybe Jake Long will drop to 5?
Craig Steltz and Kenny Philips are top notch SS.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
Rookie

I always do, sometimes sim games so the play calling comes in handy.

After reviewing my roster, I realise that there is a ton of cap space but also a ton of work to do. As i have played through the 2008 draft many times i have a wealth of resources to call on so it was time to sit down and think strategy.

QB - Having no real pure passer QB of note, this is one area i must strengthen in. My current plan is to bring in a cheap veteran or maybe trade for one and draft either Josh Johnson or Andre Woodson. The possibility of using Alex Brink as my third stringer is also crossing my mind.

RB - At least this is one area where i'm set. Larry Johnson will be the perfect power back. However, he will be on the trade block as Xavier Omon, Ray Rice and Jaamal Buckingham are great power backs available in the draft and Johnson's cap number is eatable while i have this much cap room.

FB - None on the roster and none in the draft, best bet is to keep a spare lineman for this job

WR - Dwayne Bowe is not a good fit for this scheme it seems and therefore i will be looking for targets in the passing game through the draft. Desean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Dexter Jackson are all worthy of being starters while Kevin Robinson is the only guy projected to get beyond round 4.

TE - While Tony Gonzalez is obviously a huge legend in Kansas City his cap number is equally huge. Therefore he is off, Atlanta will give me the 3rd overall pick which can be used to move down with to help with the rebuild.

LT - Most important position on the line but also the dearest. No one of any quality on the roster at this position. Faneca is available in FA and able to move across but will be too expensive and i need to get younger. Jake Long is a viable pick in the top 5 but have my eye on someone else. Brandon Albert or Ryan Clady could also be options here.

LG - I have a semi-decent starter but at 31 he's the wrong side of 30 for me. If i'm able to grab Clady or Long at LT then Albert will be scooped up if he's available at 17. However, if he isn't David Hale is an unknown guy who can develop for a couple of years behind my current starter.

C - Well at least this is nailed down with Rod Smith, Steve Justice or John Sullivan would provide some cover.

RG - Once again nothing special on the roster and nothing special in the draft. Andrew Crummey would need time to develop if drafted so a veteran to keep it warm for him for a couple of years may be required.

RT - Same as RG but replace Crummey with Demetrius Bell

LE - Tamba Hali is the current starter but not too sure how he will stack up with only a 3 man front. Only Derrick Harvey stands out here but there is a cunning plan in the works.

RE - Calais Campbell. Campbell is a stud at defensive end both on the right and on the left which is where he'll land if i can grab him. CHris Long should be available at 3 or 5 depending on other picks and these two tag teaming my pick at DT would hurt. Tony bake is a normally undrafted rookie who is a solid pro bowler if i can't get either of these.

DT - No talent on roster but plenty in the draft. Dre Moore is a beast and able to clog up the middle of the field which is exactly what i want. Anthya Rubin is a useful second while Pat Sims and Hank Smithers will be picked up as reseves.

LOLB - Finally some talent on the defence. Derrick Johnson will hold down the position for years and Clifford Avril, Angelo Craig or Xavier Adibi will provide useful backup

MLB - Tavares Gooden is the only name i can look for here. He's a projected 3rd rounder but due to the poor middle linbackers in the draft he may have to be scooped in round 2.

ROLB - My plan is to draft Keith Rivers and not have to worry about this position for the next 10 years. Only problem is he's very expensive at 5 and probably won't slip much further. After that it's rely on Donnie Edwards anf hope someone comes out next year.

CB - Patrick Surtain will be this good till he's 40 and is a shoe in to be either 2nd or nickle corner for a while. Unless i fancy a flyer on Samuel or Asamoughi, Mike Jenkins is the guy to target in the draft class. Brandon Flowers is a guy i may be able to grab in the 2nd and Zack Bowman is projected to go mid 4th so he may be a pick in the 3rd.

FS - Near sorted with the guys on my roster at the minute but Josh barrett may be useful as a backup

SS - the meat of a 335. Needing two of these is problematic as i currently have 2 really poor ones. Kenny Phillips in the 1st will be a given and Craig Steltz will need to be picked up.

K - No one on roster so Alexis Serna will be looked at and probably drafted.

P - COlquitt will do fine.

Will give you a recap of free agency and trades next before i move onto the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »