Home

Circle The Wagons - Saving The Bills (Madden 10)

This is a discussion on Circle The Wagons - Saving The Bills (Madden 10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Circle The Wagons - Saving The Bills (Madden 10)

Circle the Wagons - Save The Bills

Sliders = All Madden Custom
QTR = 13 Mins
Playcalling = Ask Madden
Draft Classes = First 4 Will Be NCAA Imports
Trading/Free Agency = Trying to keep it as sim as possible

" Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!" - Chris Berman

When the rumors started pouring out over the airwaves, it was as if every Bills fan had been punched in the stomach.
'The Bills are looking to relocate to Toronto.'

The words Bills and 're-locate' don't go well together. When the City of Buffalo heard about this rumor, they decided to become much like Green Bay and take ownership of their beloved Bills.
Ralph Wilson was happy to give Buffalo their team and is now enjoying his late years away from the ugly frozen tundra of Buffalo, NY.

Now, with control of their team and the search for a new President/GM, Buffalo is the story of the NFL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
It has taken me forever to find a team that I can stick with. After starting a few Franchises I have decided that the Bills are a team I respect as much as my Browns.

They have one of the most loyal fan bases (other than my Browns of course) AND they need to be saved, not just from mediocrity, but from relocation.

This is their story, this is for the fans of the Buffalo Bills and anyone that enjoys reading Franchise Reports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Circle The Wagons - Saving The Bills (Madden 10)

It's Official - Ex-Bill Bruce Smith New Team President

New Buffalo Bills President,
Bruce Smith

"When I was inducted to the NFL Hall of Fame, I was so grateful to have been given a chance to play football for a living. I love the game and I love the city of Buffalo. My only regret is having never brought a championship to this city and team. As a player my career is over but as President of this Franchise, I am just beginning. This team will continue the tradition left by Mr. Ralph Wilson and I will make one promise to the fans of Buffalo...

Nobody will ever circle the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!"
Old 09-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Banned

Smith Talks 2009 Season And Beyond

New Bills President, Bruce Smith's first interview with Mike Wilbon has given many Buffalo fans a reason to hope.

Wilbon - What is the first thing on your list to make this team into an NFL power once again?
Smith - Some of the pieces are here already. We have a young, talented defense that is thankfully still running a 4-3 scheme. Offensively, we have some talent as well. T.O. goes without saying, but I also like what we have going for us at runningback with Lynch and I think Edwards is showing the ability to lead our current personel.

As far as changes go, we have some questions on O-Line and WR that need to be answered. I personally would like to see what Edwards can deliver for us at QB.

Defensively, I would really like to see what we can do to get some healthy linebackers in there. Posluzny has a good chance to be a star as long as he can stay healthy. With Whitner and McKelvin at the corners, I feel like we will be covered for awhile there, no pun intended *laughs*.

Wilbon - What is your immediate goal with this team for the 2009 season?
Smith - I would really like to see us make the playoffs. Some people might be laughing, but if there is one thing I know about Buffalo fans, it is that they expect their team to be competitive every game and if that happens, the playoffs may not be too tall of an order.

Wilbon - T.O. is on the Bills. How do you feel about that?
Smith - I love Terrell. I think he brings a presence with him everywhere he goes that says 'give me the ball and I will win the game'. I like that kind of confidence. He is largely misunderstood simply because very few people know the real Terrell Owens.

Wilbon - You open up the 2009 season against New England, what is your goal?
Smith - Seeing Tom Brady on the ground every single play. If we can get to him, I have no doubt that we will have a great season ahead of us.

Wilbon - The 2010 Draft is only 8 months away, which players have entered your radar? Are there any sleepers?
Smith - George Selvie from South Florida is one of my favorite prospects right now. The guy is just fun to watch. He is extremely athletic and hits like a ton of bricks. Taylor Mays, the dude is as advertised, trust me.

Wilbon - No interest in the big 3 (Tebow, McCoy or Bradford)?
Smith - They are all on the radar. I just don't want to give away all my thoughts if you know what I mean.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
Banned

Buffalo Spoils Brady's Return

It wasn't the Super Bowl but you would have thought so by the way the Bills reacted to beating New England on the road. A 35 yard Ryan Lindell field goal as time expired sealed the deal as Buffalo took home the 31-28 victory.

Trent Edwards threw for 383 yards with 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Fortunately, he was able to overcome his late interception to guide the Bills down the field for the winning field goal try.

Marshawn Lynch ran over the Patriots defense for 135 yards and 2 TDs. However, the Bills defense showed some major holes as Sammy Morris rushed for 112 and 1 TD.

The story of the game was Terrell Owens' first game for the Bills. He caught 6 passes for 151 yards - while he didn't catch a TD pass, he did catch an amazing sideline catch for 32 yards on 3rd and 12 with 34 seconds left in the game.

FINAL SCORE -
Bills 31
Patriots 28

Old 09-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Banned

Bills Stuff Bucs On Final Drive

Buffalo was able to hold off a late charge by Tampa Bay and hold on to a 19-14 victory.

Trent Edwards cleaned up his passing accuracy as he threw for 206 yards and 2 TDs.

After a failed 2 point conversion with 5 minutes left in the game, Buffalo was forced to stop the Tampa offense from getting in the endzone. As Byron Leftwich guided the Buccaneers to the Buffalo 45 there was little doubt that the game would end on a hail mary.

Thankfully, Donte Whitner was able to knock down the final desperation attempt.

FINAL SCORE
Bills 19 (2-0)
Buccaneers 14 (1-1)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Banned

Saints Brutalize Bills In Rainy Buffalo

The game started well enough. Buffalo had a 10-7 lead at halftime thanks to Terrell Owens' first TD catch as a Bill (a 62 yard reception).

Then all of a sudden, Drew Brees and the Saints decided to blow up for 37 second half points.

Buffalo was dumbstruck as they fumbled the ball 4 times and simply let the game slip through their hands.

Pierre Thomas burned the Buffalo defense for 149 yards and 2 TDs while Marshawn Lynch was helf to 26 yards on 12 carries.

FINAL SCORE
Buffalo 16 (2-1)
New Orleans 44 (3-0)
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Banned

2009 Standings

After Week 3

AFC North
Steelers3-0
Ravens2-1
Browns1-2
Bengals0-3

AFC South
Texans2-1
Colts2-1
Titans1-2
Jaguars1-2

AFC East
Jets2-1
Bills2-1
Patriots1-2
Dolphins1-2

AFC West
Broncos3-0
Chiefs2-1
Raiders1-2
Chargers1-2

NFC North
Packers3-0
Vikings2-1
Lions 1-2
Bears 0-3

NFC South

Saints3-0
Buccaneers2-1
Falcons1-2
Panthers0-3

NFC East
Giants 2-1
Eagles2-1
Cowboys1-2
Redskins1-2

NFC West
Cardinals2-1
Seahawks2-1
49ers1-2
Rams0-3
Old 09-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
Banned

Those were all quick recaps from my reports on my Dynachise Blog - Now I will start with some more detailed recaps (stats) and news around the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »