Home

The Greatest Manning of Them All (NCAA RTG/Madden SS)

This is a discussion on The Greatest Manning of Them All (NCAA RTG/Madden SS) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Greatest Manning of Them All (NCAA RTG/Madden SS)

Thanks for following so far guys, I'm glad you are liking the idea. And starting with his college career I'll try uploading some of the highlights and pictures from Andy's games. I'll also work on some other graphics for stat overlays and stuff like that.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

Nevada State Playoffs
Quarter Finals
Las Vegas vs. Henderson

Last week the Las Vegas High football team ran through Spring Valley in week one of the state playoffs 62-0. This week Andy Manning and company will be facing a tougher team in the form of Henderson High School. Henderson's defense has taken notice of all the trash talk from Manning after dominating Spring Valley last week on his way to five touchdowns. "If Manning thinks he's coming into a flag football game, he's got another thing coming", said one of Henderson's defensive linemen. Once again, the eyes of not only Nevada, but from people all around the country will be focused on the newly discovered youngest Manning. It'll be interesting to see if he can walk the walk as well as he talks the talk.

Final Score
Las Vegas 24
Henderson 20

Andy Manning's Stats
14-20, 298 Yards Passing, 3 Touchdowns

Henderson came to play in this one, and they were determined that they wouldn't be shut down and embarrassed like Spring Valley was. Las Vegas was able to march out on their first drive, and after pounding four straight runs up the middle to get to midfield, Manning hooked up with his big play wide receiver for six quick points, and it looked like the rout was on. Henderson got the ball after the score and quickly marched down and it looked like a shootout was in order, but the offenses slowed down for the most part. They would both get decent drives going, only to see them end with punts.

Going into the fourth Las Vegas had a 21-13 lead with the ball, and it looked like they could run some clock out with a long drive and cruise to a second round victory. They had a very quick drive though, and eventually settled for a field goal. Henderson got the ball back down 24-13 and were able to march down the field and score a touchdown to make it 24-20. Manning got the ball back, but Vegas couldn't just run the clock out. They tried to get a first down but settled for a three and out, and Henderson had the ball with 30 seconds left. They hooked up on two straight first down pass plays and got timeouts, but after that they were stifled and were unable to connect on a long hail mary and Las Vegas was on to the quarterfinals. There were also some schools on hand to see Manning play tonight, they were: Virginia Tech, Kansas, Arizona, Purdue, Central Michigan and San Diego State.

The Las Vegas Sun caught up with Manning after the game and asked him about his performance in this game.

Andy Manning
They knew what we were going to do coming into the game. They know we like to put the ball in the air because we are better than anybody in the state, if not the country at that. We thought we could do something on the ground, but as you saw our ground game really didn't do anything, so I was forced to throw against a ton of defensive backs all night, but they still weren't enough and here we are onto the semifinals. Big props to our defense for stepping up and saving our butts after our running game failed to run the clock out.

Last edited by SHaynes23; 11-22-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

Nevada State Playoffs
Semi Finals
Las Vegas vs. Kingsbury

In the second round of the highly publicized Nevada state playoffs the Las Vegas High team lead by Andy Manning slipped through a tough game against Henderson to move one step closer to the state title game. This time two of the best teams in the state will face off for the state title next week at the University of Nevada. Manning came into last week's game with Henderson with an attitude like he was going to run through all comers, and even though Henderson gave Las Vegas all they could handle, Manning was still very confident that there is no team in the nation better than his, and he believes it is mostly because of him. Look for Kingsbury to pick up right where Henderson left off in giving Manning and company all they could handle.

Final Score
Las Vegas 31
Kingsbury 27

Andy Manning's Stats
15-24, 312 Yards, 3 Passing TDs, 3 Interceptions, 13 Rushing Yards, 1 Rushing TD

What a game. Both teams smashed heads all game long as battled for the upper hand. Las Vegas started out very slowly as Manning tossed two first quarter interceptions, his first mistakes of the state playoffs. Kingsbury was able to capitalize on both, getting a field goal on the first pick, then a touchdown on the second. Kingsbury's offense was very effective as they ran the clock down with a nice running attack and kept Manning off the field for much of the half. At the end of one the score was 17-7 Kingsbury.

Las Vegas got the ball to start the second half and Manning marched the troops right down the field and hit his second touchdown score through the air to cut the lead to three. The scoring kept going from there and with two minutes left in the game Vegas was down 27-24. Manning needed to drive the team down the field 64 yards to keep their season alive. After a few short strikes Las Vegas was facing a tough fourth down, and Manning was able to find his tight end for a big gain to the 13 yard line, with 12 seconds on the clock and a timeout. Manning dropped back in the gun and looked for a man, but found noone. All his receivers were on the left side of the field though, leaving the right side open. Manning took off for the corner of the endzone on the ground. A linebacker met him right at the line, but Manning fell into the endzone with a few seconds left. After a last second stand Las Vegas had a 31-27 victory and was heading to the state title game.

Colleges in attendance to see Manning's final drive were: BYU, West Virginia, Florida, Penn State, Miami (OH) and Duke.

After this huge victory a local radio station met with Manning on the sideline. The reporter asked him if he was nervous coming into the last drive.

Andy Manning
Was I nervous coming into the last drive? Of course I wasn't nervous. I've been playing that scenario out in my head since I was a little kid. I've never gotten to carry it out though because we usually aren't down like that. It would have been a different story if I didn't throw three interceptions today. They were just confused routes though, I put the ball where I thought my man would go, he just didn't. But enough with the negatives, WE'RE GOING TO THE SHIP!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblu54
lol... the whole thing was just funny as hell
I thought so too lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

Nevada State Playoffs
State Championship Game
Played at the University of Nevada
Johnson Lane vs. Las Vegas

Tonight is the night a whole season of football has led up to. Two undefeated teams will be facing off as Johnson Lane and Las Vegas are set to do battle. While Las Vegas comes into this game with their high powered offense led by the up and coming star Andy Manning, Johnson Lane is known for their stingy defense. Both sides are set to butt heads, and with this game receiving national media coverage thanks to the youngest Manning, the lights will be on bright for one team to declare their dominance. The time for talk is over, it's time to find out who the last team standing in the state of Nevada is.

Final Score
Johnson Lane 11
Las Vegas 47

Andy Manning's Stats
16-23, 438 Yards, 6 Touchdowns

After two tight games coming into this state championship, Las Vegas finally broke through and showed that they are in fact one of the most dominating offensive forces high school football has seen in quite some time. On the very first play of the game Manning fired off an absolute bomb to one of his receivers, which he caught in stride over his shoulder for a 77 yard touchdown. Las Vegas didn't slow down either as they marched right down the field on their second drive and Manning connected with his running back in the flat for another passing touchdown. Johnson Lane was only able to put 3 points on the board in the entire first half, while Las Vegas had 31 thanks to four touchdowns through the air.

The second half was no different. The only time Johnson Lane got on the board was with a deep touchdown pass of their own, and a two point conversion to give them 11. Manning and company continued to fire on all cylinders, connecting on two more touchdowns. A missed extra point and a field goal later Las Vegas claimed the state title by 36 points. Manning compiled one of the best games in state playoff history as he finished with an astonishing 438 yards through the air and six touchdowns. He was named the MVP of the game and put an exclamation point on a brilliant high school career. Surely every college in the nation will be fighting over him to join their team for next year.

Colleges in attendance to see Manning's final high school game were: USC, Florida, Nebraska, Alabama, Iowa and Oklahoma State.

After the game a reporter from a local Las Vegas news program caught up with the sure fire star. The reporter wanted the first scoop on where Manning would be attending next fall.

Andy Manning
It's a decision my mom and I have been going over very hard all year, and it's really picked up in the last couple of weeks. I think I even saw Urban Meyer in the stands tonight. I could go to a huge program like Florida or USC and keep them on the winning track. I could go to a school like Notre Dame and Michigan and put them back on the map. Heck, I could even go to a smaller school and create a legacy the likes of which they've never seen. I've even considered going to Tennessee or Ole Miss and destroying every record one of my brothers have ever set and make it clear who the greatest Manning of them all is.

Don't worry, you will all know the minute I make up my mind, but tonight it's time to celebrate. I told you we were the best weeks ago. We went out there tonight and proved it. We put a hurting on those guys. Everybody said they would slow us down. Six touchdowns later I think the critics were eating their shoes. But you all stay tuned, I'll be making a decision in the next few days probably. Good night Las Vegas!

Last edited by SHaynes23; 12-02-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Interesting read. Good luck and I am looking forward to your updates.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #15
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, things have been crazy with finals. I've got a month Christmas break coming up so I can go full blast into this pretty soon.

The gymnasium of the state champion Las Vegas High School is decorated in enough red and yellow to make Hulk Hogan jealous. There are a decent number of reporters present for this Saturday afternoon press conference. All of a sudden the lights dim and Nelly's song from a few years ago, #1 plays over the gym's loud speakers. A spotlight points to the door, where Andy Manning is walking in holding the state championship, decked out in a USC football jersey. He stands at the podium as the spotlight remains on him and addresses the crowd in attendance.

Andy Manning
Well I think it's clear where I'm going next year. Manning's going Hollywood! That's right, just this morning I officially inked my letter of intent with the University of Southern California to become a Trojan! I looked at almost every school around the country when making my decision, and I thought what place would be a better platform for my talents than at the greatest football school in America today, USC!

Word going around is that USC's star quarterback Mark Sanchez is talking about leaving for the NFL, if he does then that's great, I'll be able to put up giant numbers starting as a freshman to the day I either graduate or leave to show that I'm the best quarterback going today in the big time of the NFL. I just know one thing, next fall Los Angeles better get ready for the ride of their lives. You thought the Trojans were good before? We're about to take it to a whole new level. Thank you Las Vegas!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #16
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

Jonathan Coachman
Welcome back to ESPNews, where we always keep you current. And keeping it current right now we'll look at the upcoming 2009 college football season, in particular that of the perennial powerhouse USC Trojans. We have a special treat today as USC head coach Pete Carroll is joining us live from the team's summer training camp. Pete, great to have you on the show. First question, what are the chances your team is going to be playing for it all in January this year?

Pete Carroll
Well Coach, thanks for having me here today. You have to believe coming into every season that your men have a chance to play for it all. All 120 teams are at the same record right now, any team can jump out of the pack and surprise everybody, every team can fall below expectations and disappoint everybody, that includes us. Looking at our track record, I'd say we like our chances coming into the season, but with a young team and having to replace Mark Sanchez, we have a lot of work to do.

Jonathan Coachman
Now that you brought it up, there is going to be a new quarterback in Southern Cal this season. We hear a number of different names being thrown out there, and it seems to be complicated by the newest signee to the team, a kid that has drawn lots of attention to himself, the youngest of the Manning bunch, also the most disgruntled, but that's another story for another day, Andy Manning.

Pete Carroll
That's right Coach. Our most interesting battle this summer is who will take over from our great quarterback Mark Sanchez. Right now there are four names out there. There are two great quarterbacks who have been in our system before, Aaron Corp and Mitch Mustain. Both of those men have potential to be great quarterbacks, and they have the advantage of having learned our system already. On the other hand, we have two highly touted freshman on campus, the aforementioned Andy Manning, and another young man you should keep your eye on, Matt Barkley. I've had quarterback controversies before, but nothing like a four horse race that is starting basically neck and neck.

Jonathan Coachman
So who gets the start?

Pete Carroll
Well that's something we are still working on. We have San Jose State scheduled for the first week in the season. We'll probably decide in the week coming up to that game to keep everybody on their toes going into the opener. We'll give them all equal time with the first team and see how they play, and when we make a decision you'll be the first to know Coach.

Jonathan Coachman
And there you have it, an arms race in Southern California. Thanks to Coach Pete Carroll for his time, and coming up on ESPNews next, news coming in the Pirates have even let their bat boy go. That's next!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »