Home

The Music City Miracle [Titans Madden 11]

This is a discussion on The Music City Miracle [Titans Madden 11] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #49
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Music City Miracle [Titans Madden 11]

2011 NFL Playoff Preview

Conference Championship Preview

Colts 27, Patriots 24
Adam Vinatieri drilled a thirty-two yard field goal with less than ninety seconds left in the game as the Colts, in the cold and near blizzard conditions, edged the top ranked Patriots. Both Manning and Brady had three touchdown tosses in the game.
Vikings 27, Falcons 20
Adrian Peterson ran all over the Falcons defense, rushing for 218 yards and two scores as the Vikings and Brett Favre move on to the Super Bowl after such disappointment last year.

13-3 VS 11-5
Cowboys Stadium
Sunday, February 6, 9:00 PM

INJURIES
MIN - WR Jaymar Johnson - Torn Tricep - OUT
MIN - HB Toby Gerhart - Fractured Elbow - OUT
MIN - LB Ben Leber - Fractured Hip - OUT
MIN - OG Mike Goff - Torn Groin Muscle - OUT
IND - LB Philip Wheeler - Broken Forearm - OUT
IND - HB Donald Brown - Broken Ribs - PROBABLE

PREVIEW
The two best quarterbacks of the last twenty years face each other in the Super Bowl. Can you write a script any better? Absolutely incredible. Manning will have Donald Brown as he comes back from his broken ribs. Adrian Peterson is coming off an impressive 218 yard performance in the NFC Championship Game, expect to have him see the workload early with Brett Favre waiting in case that doesn't pan out just perfectly. It's going to be an offensive game.

PREDICTION
This is a tough game, obviously, it's the Super Bowl. It literally come could down to special teams being the difference. And when it comes to special teams, Percy Harvin of the Vikings has that covered. Look for a Harvin kick return for a score late in the game to be a difference maker. Favre gets another ring as the Vikings win 38-34.

SIDE NOTE | NFC edges AFC 22-14 for Pro Bowl victory.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #50
MVP

Adam14's Arena

13-3 VS 11-5

VIKINGS 32, COLTS 28
MVP | Wide Receiver Sidney Rice | 5 Receptions, 163 Yards, TD

The Colts started off strong as they went up by two touchdowns within the first four minutes of the game as Donald Brown and Joseph Addai exchanged huge runs [87 & 66 respectively] and the Vikings could only muster a field goal in the first period. Manning was looking strong, Favre was being Favre throwing his first of two interceptions, and it was going the right way for Manning's Colts.

The second quarter was similar for Manning's offense as he tossed his first touchdown of the game, a four yard toss to Reggie Wayne. However, Favre would begin to roar back, throwing his first of three touchdowns to Greg Lewis with just over four minutes remaining in the half. Heading into the locker room, momentum was shifting, but the score wasn't, the Colts still had the advantage, 21-10.

The third quarter was a bit more reserved, both offenses moved slowly and the only score of the period was Brett Favre throwing his second score of the game to running back Adrian Peterson from thirteen yards out. Peterson hammered in the two point conversion and the Vikings were within three.

The fourth quarter is when the fun started. Less than five minutes into the final period, Brett Favre threw his third touchdown of the game, this one to the eventual MVP Sidney Rice from forty yards out and the Vikings were in the lead for the first time. Manning and his offense wasn't thrilled. In less than two minutes, the Colts were back ahead on Donald Brown's twenty-five yard touchdown run, his second score of the game. Now Favre and all his gray hair, wasn't enthused at all. There wasn't any talking of Favre changing into his Wrangler's and heading out to have some fun, the 41 year old was ready to come back. The teams exchanged punts and the Vikings had the ball, at their own thirty-six with just over four minutes left in the game. Just a couple of plays later, Albert Young, the Vikings third string back in for Peterson taking a breather, broke off a run off the left tackle, ran over the defender and and was just gone. Forty-three yards later Young dove into the end zone with a huge smile on his face. Manning would never recover and the Vikings would take the much earned victory.

In a tight race, Sidney Rice won the MVP award over Brett Favre in a very tight vote. Favre though, wasn't worried, with a smile on his face he said, "I love this team. I'm just, so damn excited." When questioned if he's officially retired now, "yeah, I am," he said "I'm ready to hang it up. I've fulfilled what I want to do." Sidney Rice commented on the MVP award, "Man, I'm shocked. I can't wait to go to Disney World!" Head coach Brad Childress, with the Lombardi Trophy in hand, was in tears. "I'm just so humbled. This is to everyone out there that stuck with me," he said. "You guys believed in me throughout the tough times, and we're finally here. Yeah!"

Last edited by Adam14; 08-29-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #51
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Taylor, Mason Join Favre Among the Retired Players
Both Patriots running back Fred Taylor and Ravens receiver Derrick Mason called it a career today along with Super Bowl champion Brett Favre. Favre has told everyone there's no way he'll come back this time, and although we've heard that story before, we're believing him this time around, "I reached my goal, I have no reason to come back," said Favre. Fred Taylor reportedly signed a one day contract with the Jaguars to retire with the team he spent a majority of his career with. And finally ex-Titan and Raven Derrick Mason has agreed to retire after an impressive career. The Titans plan to honor Mason in their first preseason game at home in 2011.

Trouble in New York?
It does seem interesting that both New York teams are in the news at the same time. First, the Jets, whose stand out cornerback Darrelle Revis wants a new deal. Scheduled to make less than five million in 2011, Revis wants a new contract that better suits his play. "I'll sit out," said Revis, "I want to be the top paid cornerback in the league. Period." Opposite the Jets, the Giants are having their own fiasco with defensive end Justin Tuck. Tuck, 28, can see the lining that young Jason Pierre-Paul is coming up through to take his position and he's not happy about it. "I don't know what they're thinking. You re-sign Mathias [Kiwanuka] to a big six year deal, so you know he's staying on that side. But what am I? Just let my contract run out and let Jason come up? No, I don't want to feel pressured to be pushed out town. It's me or him now. Not later."

It's reported that a number of teams could be interested in Tuck should the Giants entertain offers. Those teams including the Jaguars, Titans, Lions, Panthers, and others. We'll see how everything pans out over the next few months.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #52
MVP

Adam14's Arena

2011 Tennessee Titans
Team Overview

Quarterback
The question coming in, is Vince Young the franchise quarterback? He’s very sporadic under center, and although his mobility turns out to be a great thing and helps Chris Johnson succeed, his passing ability does cost the Titans wins. Not a huge concern, but a concern nonetheless.
Halfback
LaGarrette Blount has stepped up and looked great to backup Chris Johnson. No need to change anything here. Pearman will probably walk with an expiring contract and leave three solid backs [Blount, Johnson, & Ringer] still on the roster.
Fullback
Ahmard Hall is serviceable, yes. With his expiring contract, it’ll come down to if he wants to be paid like a serviceable guy, or paid like a top tier guy. If it’s the latter, look for the Titans to go into the draft without a fullback.
Wide Receiver
Damian Wiliams came alive, Kenny Britt is an up and coming talent and the Titans receiver core is looking better all the time. That said, a big 6’5” style target would be huge for them if they can find one.
Tight End
Jared Cook Jr came alive this year and looked great and with Bo Scaife potentially looking for a big contract, Cook could become the new starter in Tennessee. Craig Stevens should be brought back for depth as well.
Offensive Line
Center and left guard should be on the Titans list of needs. Eugene Amano isn’t bad, but it’s a Kevin Mawae either, and LeRoy Harris is reportedly asking for nearly $30 million in guaranteed money. Depth is also a concern. Offensively, this is the biggest need for the Titans.
Defensive Line
Derrick Morgan is a stud and with Jovan Haye and Tony Brown locking up the center, the only big thing is the right end slot. Ford is reported to want nearly $30 million over five years, and if the Titans aren’t interested, they’ll need to look to the draft soon.
Linebackers
Another concern is here in the linebackers. Rennie Curran and Gerald McRath progressed well, but aren’t necessarily starting material just yet. Thornton probably won’t be brought back, so unless the Titans find something, Curran and McRath will both be starters. Stephen Tulloch’s expiring contract also is key to the center of the core. Should Tulloch ask for a big contract, the Titans may go into Free Agency without a middle linebacker.
Cornerback
Ken Lucas was just a temporary fix. A second corner behind Cortland Finnegan should be the Titans number one concern this year. Alterraun Verner and Tye Hill are great for dime and nickel packages, but they’re not starter material yet. Hill is a lock to come back after his impressive work on special teams.
Safeties
No real worries here, but keep an eye on young Myrone Rolle. After an impressive season, watch for Rolle to play a little more next year and even possibly take Chris Hope’s job.

EXPIRING CONTRACTS
MLB Colin Allred – 56
OG Fernando Velasco – 59
LB Jamie Winborn – 59
WR Lavelle Hawkins – 63
HB Alvin Pearman – 66
CB Tye Hill – 67
DE Jason Babin – 67
CB Rod Hood – 69
DE William Hayes – 69
P Brett Kern – 70
TE Craig Stevens – 70
OT Michael Otto – 71
QB Kerry Collins – 71
LB David Thornton – 78
OG LeRoy Harris – 80
LB Stephen Tulloch – 80
DE Jacob Ford – 81
TE Bo Scaife – 81
FB Ahmard Hall – 82

Last edited by Adam14; 08-17-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #53
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Titans Re-Sign Seven, Franchise Ford
The Titans went to work last week locking up seven new players into contracts and franchising defensive end Jacob Ford, when the two parties were off by a large number in contract negotiations. With the franchising, many expect Ford to be traded before the draft and the Titans with either draft a defensive end or pick one up in free agency.

As for the re-signings, the Titans brought back their kick returner as many expected, cornerback Tye Hill. Hill lead the league with three touchdowns on kick returns last year and signed a seven year contract. Backup offensive players tight end Craig Stevens and tackle Michael Otto both agreed to contracts with the organization as well. Brett Kern, who was signed last year for the retired Craig Hentrich, re-signed with the team as well. The final three re-signings were all starters from the previous season, tight end Bo Scaife, fullback Ahmard Hall, and middle linebacker Stephen Tulloch all agreed to contracts at least five years in length.

Players such as LeRoy Harris and David Thornton were allowed to test free agency. So what does this say for the Titans team? Offensive guard and linebacker could be two of their three pressing needs along with a defensive end of Jacob Ford is traded. Cornerback may also be a concern, but with gaping holes elsewhere, isn't a pressing need yet.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #54
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Titans Stay Out of Free Agency, Sign Just One
Head coach Jeff Fisher seems pretty adamant about rebuilding teams through the draft, although there were a few players in free agency the Titans could really use, Fisher elected to just side one, ex-Raider linebacker Trevor Scott. Scott has amassed 133 tackles and thirteen sacks in three seasons under Al Davis' Raiders team. He looks to step into the whole vacated by veteran David Thornton, clearing up one position of concern for the team going into next month's draft.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #55
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Titans Trade For Giants' End Tuck, Trade Ford

April 26, 2011
The Titans made a move that many didn't necessarily see coming. Numerous reports were coming through that the Titans planned to package franchised defensive end Jacob Ford along with their first and third round selections and send them to Cleveland in exchange for the Browns sixth overall selection in which they would take Alabama's Damario Jackson who was expected to be taken in the late top ten. Instead, the Browns announced a trade with the Buccaneers that allowed them to move up to the second overall pick and take Jackson themselves. The move ended the Titans chances at taking another first round defensive end. Instead, they moved to their backup plan. After talks as the Draft cruised through, the Titans finally inked a deal with the Giants for disgruntled defensive end Justin Tuck. Giants officials said it was the fact that the Titans were the fact that they were willing to give up a draft pick in the 2012 draft. The Titans agreed to send the Giants both their first round pick in the 2011 draft (seventeenth overall), their third round pick in the 2012 draft, and receiver Justin Gage and in return, the Titans received Tuck and the Giants fifth round selection (146th overall). The Titans would later announced a six year, sixty-seven million dollar contract extension for Tuck.

With the deal set, the Titans felt they may need to move up to snag the receiver they had on their radar. Thus the Titans began shopping Jacob Ford. With a handful of teams interested, the Titans agreed to a trade with the St. Louis Rams. The Rams sent their second round (fortieth overall) to the Titans for Ford and the Titans fourth round (113th overall) selection.

With the pick from the Rams, the Titans selected Kent State receiver Carl Martin, a 6'5" 215-pound beast of a receiver. Just nine picks later, with the Titans own second round pick the Titans drafted Alabama center Tyler Hughes. Hughes, a 6'5" 308-pound linemen, impressed many with his strength (90) at the combine and was the first center taken. Later, in the third round the Titans stuck with the offensive line, taking USC guard John Myers, who is expected to starter in place of the released LeRoy Harris. Later, in the fifth round, the Titans used consecutive picks on defensive backs, first was Duquesne corner Tyrell Current and after him, Clemson safety Lorenzo Somerville. The final two picks were spent on Ohio fullback Angelo Alosi and Utah defensive end Reed Mathieu.

TITANS NFL DRAFT
2 8 WR Carl Martin Kent State
2 17 C Tyler Hughes Alabama
3 17 OG John Myers USC
5 17 CB Tyrell Current Duquesne
5 18 FS Lorenzo Somerville Clemson
6 17 FB Angelo Alosi Ohio
7 17 DE Reed Mathieu Utah

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 25

-still waits for the draft-

I like the draft because it shows a coaches' philosophy, how they move when things don't go their way, do they stick to their needs or draft whoever is best, also I just like watching and seeing how other teams develop their system

if I see you pick a WR 1st, 2nd and 3rd ala Matt Millen I would be laughing and laughing hard

I don't think you'd do that though

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »