Home

Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise)

This is a discussion on Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Here's the code for it, a couple key things to pay attention to:
- Where it says "float: right", the float I believe is what makes the text wrap around it, then you can change right to left or center if you want to change where the picture is positioned.
- width: 320px -- Best to set this to whatever the picture's width is, otherwise your box can wind up smaller or bigger than the picture and it will look strange.

Let me know if you're able to get it working

<*div style="float: right; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: 5px; padding: 5px; padding-top: 9px; width: 320px; text-align: center;" ><*img src="http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa438/BillsM11/Leinart-1.jpg" /*><*br /><*small>Matt Leinart throws deep to Torri Bonner for a 66 yard touchdown<*/small><*/div>

Remove the asterisks
I cant get it working, I keep gettting this. =\

float: right; border: 1px solid #ddd; margin: 5px; padding: 5px; padding-top: 9px; width: 160px; text-align: center;" >
Aaron Hernandez catches a 67 yard TD pass from Tom Brady.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 16

edited now that you figured it out

Last edited by bichettehappens; 10-09-2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: to take up less space
Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #83
MVP

** FYI - Prior to the Jets game I upped the quarter length to the full 15 minutes as well as made changes to the sliders hoping to make the game harder after the 41-0 blowout spelled my 4th straight win.

I'll have the Jets game recap up shortly.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got it thanks man. If you wanna check it out and give me some feedback that would be swell!

Also, I really like your chise, it's my favorite going with tomriddles Phins chise. I just hope my Patriots make it into the playoffs along with your Bills!!! Someone should get a Jets chise going, that way we got the whole AFC East in here.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:06 AM   #85
MVP

Pouncing on an Opportunity
Bills capitalize on Jets mistakes, take division lead

A New York comeback is cut short as Torrell Troup recovers a fumble forced by Deontae Knight

BUFFALO, NY -- Maybe it was the heavy rain, combined with strong winds, two physical, top-ranked defenses, and a dash of divisional rivalry with playoff implications on the side. Whatever the recipe, it made for a sloppy, physical, and wildly entertaining display.

Darren McFadden scores to put the Bills up 20-10 late in the 3rd quarter
The action got started early as Mark Sanchez led the Jets offense down the field on their first possession before connecting with tight end Dustin Keller for the first score of the ballgame, similar to the week 9 matchup. Despite Roscoe Parrish returning the ensuing kickoff to the New York 35, the Bills offense could not capitalize on the opportunity and was forced to settle for a field goal. At the end of the first quarter, the Bills offense found themselves with a miserable 9 total yards on offense.

The offensive struggles would continue, as the game went to halftime a humble 10-6 defensive battle. However, Bills coach Dick Lebeau must have inspired his offense in the locker room, as they came out looking alive on their first drive of the second half, resulting in a Matt Leinart to Shawn Nelson connection for a touchdown. Later in the third quarter, the Buffalo defense imposed it's will on Sanchez, with Kyle Williams forcing a fumble recovered by Dwan Edwards at the New York 8 yard line. It took just two plays for Leinart to connect with Darren McFadden to put the Bills up 20-10.

Kris Jenkins bats down a pass for one of many Matt Leinart incompletions

As the game progressed to the fourth quarter, it looked like the Jets were poised to make a comeback. It seemed like everything was going in New York's favor; Sanchez led the offense on drive after drive, Bryan Thomas took a Fred Jackson fumble to the Buffalo 15-yard line, and Gary Guyton granted the Jets offense extra life with a facemask penalty on what would have made it 4th down. Unfortunately for the Jets, they weren't able to punctuate any drives with a touchdown and had to settle for a couple short Leigh Tiffin field goals.

To make matters worse for New York, in the waning seconds of regulation, Jackson busted a 65 yard run for a touchdown while simply attempting to run out the clock. In the end, it was the costly turnovers and inability to finish once reaching the red zone that cost the Jets the victory. Statistically, New York clearly outperformed Buffalo, even though both quarterbacks struggled to complete even 40% of their passes, possibly due to a combination of weather and stingy defense.

The Bills can clinch a playoff birth with a victory next week against the Denver Broncos, while the Jets take on the New England Patriots in a matchup with both division and wild card implications.

Snap Shots

Dustin Keller makes a catch for the first touchdown of the game

Roscoe Parrish returns a kick off 50 yards to the New York 35

A short pass to Shawn Nelson results in a Buffalo touchdown

Leodis McKelvin swats away a pass to Braylon Edwards to prevent a comeback

Mark Sanchez finds Jerricho Cotchery deep in Buffalo territory late in the 4th

Game-In-Motion

Kyle Williams forces a fumble that is recovered by Dwan Edwards on the 8 yard line, resulting in a touchdown after two plays

Bryan Thomas takes a Fred Jackson fumble to the 15 yard line before being stopped by Torri Bonner

Box Score

NFL Scoreboard - New York Jets (9-4) at Buffalo Bills (9-4)
December 18, 20111234F
New York Jets730616
Buffalo Bills3314727
Top Performers
New York Jets - Stats
S. Greene - 24 car, 100 yds
D. Keller - 2 rec, 46 yds, 1 TD
Buffalo Bills - Stats
F. Jackson - 24 car, 153 yds, 1 TD
K. Williams - 3 tkl, 1 sack, 1 fum forced
Team Stats Comparison
NYJBUF
First Downs157
3rd Down Efficiency4-152-13
4th Down Efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards301249
Passing Yards12782
Rushing Yards174167
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-151-15
Turnovers21
Time of Possession33:1426:46
Scoring Summary
First QuarterNYJBUF
NYJ11:19D. Keller 29 Yd pass from M. Sanchez (Tiffin)70
BUF8:53M. Crosby, 52 Yd FG73
Second QuarterNYJBUF
NYJ7:07L. Tiffin, 42 Yd FG103
BUF0:37M. Crosby, 48 Yd FG106
Third QuarterNYJBUF
BUF11:46S. Nelson 9 Yd pass from M. Leinart (Crosby)1013
BUF1:34D. McFadden 8 Yd pass from M. Leinart (Crosby)1020
Fourth QuarterNYJBUF
NYJ11:59L. Tiffin, 28 Yd FG1320
NYJ3:20L. Tiffin, 38 Yd FG1620
BUF0:22F. Jackson, 65 Yd run (Crosby)1627
New York Jets
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
M. Sanchez11/3214710
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
S. Greene241004.10
L. Tomlinson8668.20
M. Sanchez382.60
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
B. Edwards33311.00
D. Keller24623.01
S. Greene22311.50
J. Cotchery13434.00
S. Sicko177.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
J. Leonhard8000
S. Johnson5000
K. Jenkins5000
B. Johnson4000
B. Thomas4000
B. Scott4000
K. Wilson4000
C. Pace2100
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
I. Jones5106024
J. Cotchery124024
Punt ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
I. Jones678019
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
L. Tiffin3/31/11042
PuntingNO.YDSAVGIN 20
A. Podlesh832540.61
Buffalo Bills
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
M. Leinart9/238620
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
F. Jackson241536.31
M. Leinart284.00
C. Spiller252.50
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
F. Jackson23919.50
K. Dansby22211.00
S. Nelson199.01
D. McFadden188.01
L. Evans155.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
G. Guyton6100
J. Byrd6000
A. Maybin5000
M. Stroud4100
P. Posluszny4000
P. Tinoisamoa4000
K. Williams3100
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
R. Parrish5129050
Punt ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
J. Williams634012
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
M. Crosby2/23/3952
PuntingNO.YDSAVGIN 20
B. Moorman941045.53

Telford's Take:
I don't know how we won this game, honestly.... But hey, I can't complain. We're sitting pretty right now and it looks like we've got a good chance to not only make the playoffs but to win the division, possibly even a first round bye. However, we're not going to count our chickens before they hatch. We face a hungry Denver team that's fighting for a playoff spot this week, so we'll have to be at our best. Luckily we close the season out on a lighter note in Miami, hopefully we can get out ahead early enough to rest our starters in that one.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 10-09-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaczemon
I got it thanks man. If you wanna check it out and give me some feedback that would be swell!

Also, I really like your chise, it's my favorite going with tomriddles Phins chise. I just hope my Patriots make it into the playoffs along with your Bills!!! Someone should get a Jets chise going, that way we got the whole AFC East in here.
Thanks man that means a lot, I'll give yours a look as well. and honestly, it's looking like there will be 3 AFC East teams in the playoffs this year, I'll have to double check on the AFC North standings though next time I fire up the PS3.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:52 AM   #87
MVP

Week 16 Preview

Denver Broncos (7-7) @ Buffalo Bills (10-4)

Forecast: 35°

Saturday, December 24, 4:00PM
Tee Maker Motors Field, Orchard Park, NY

Injury Report
Denver Broncos:
[OUT] WR Eddie Royal - Dislocated Hip - 7 weeks
[OUT] TE Daniel Graham - Broken Jaw - Out for season

Buffalo Bills:
[OUT] LG Andy Levitre - Broken Collarbone - 2 weeks
[OUT] LB Thomas Howard - Torn Tricep - Out for season

Key Playmakers

OrtonMorenoThomas
Kyle OrtonKnowshon MorenoDemaryius Thomas
QuarterbackHalfbackWide Receiver
83.9 QB Rating
58% Completions
2,634 Yards
20 TD / 11 INT
266 Carries
1,236 Yards
4.6 Average
9 Touchdowns
61 Receptions
722 Yards
11.8 Average
7 Touchdowns

LeinartJacksonEvans
Matt LeinartFred JacksonLee Evans
QuarterbackHalfbackWide Receiver
84.1 QB Rating
49% Completions
1,135 Yards
8 TD / 3 INT
280 Carries
1,231 Yards
4.3 Average
11 Touchdowns
42 Receptions
533 Yards
12.6 Average
3 Touchdowns

Coverage:

Analyst Picks:

Rod Woodson

I just don't see how you can vote against the Bills with the way they're playing right now. Early in the season analysts were saying they couldn't beat a winning team, now that they beat the Chiefs and Jets on this 5-game winning streak, I think they've proven they can.

Marshall Faulk

I love a game like this, 2 of the best running backs in the league in a game that's sure to see a lot of action on the ground, smash-mouth football at it's finest. I think the Bills defense propels them to victory in this one.

Steve Mariucci

It's remarkable what Lebeau and his staff have been able to do with this Bills team. It's a complete reversal from the mess we saw on the field last season. It's almost hard to believe but it looks like they're here to stay, at least for this season.

Jamie Dukes

Buffalo's looking like a great team, but I think Denver has a lot more to play for at this point. The Bills pretty much have a playoff spot in the bag, but the Broncos have got to be desperate. This game is gonna come down to who wants it more and that's got to be Denver if they stand a chance at making the playoffs.

Rich Eisen

That's one way to look at it, Jamie. I'm going to take the safe pick here, I think the Bills have just shown to be a more complete team. With Leinart not making the mistakes Brohm and McCoy made under center, they're not giving games away anymore. They're rewarding that excellent defense.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 10-09-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #88
MVP

All I Want For Christmas...

Posted by Chris Brown on December 23, 2011 – 2:14 pm

As the Christmas Eve matchup between the Denver Broncos and our beloved Buffalo Bills draws closer, there is only one item on my proverbial Christmas list. It's not the new Rolex I've had my eye on since March or the new laptop I so desperately need. No no, the only thing on my list is a Buffalo victory.

See the thing about this wish is, if granted, it would bear many other gifts for many people. With a win this Saturday, the Buffalo Bills would clinch their first playoff birth since 1999. Sure, making the playoffs looks like a sure thing at this point, but if Buffalo's history has taught us anything, there's no such thing as a certainty in Orchard Park (Music City Miracle, anyone?).

Around the league, there are many who question whether or not this Bills team will be able to win games once they find themselves in the playoffs. Who can blame them, though, especially with our track record. Tack on the fact that just a year ago our quarterback found himself being released by a team who's starter was Derek Anderson. But you know what? I'm happy with a mere playoff birth at this point. You've got to walk before you can crawl, and as long as we're walking in January instead of at home watching the playoffs on television we're making progress.

In due time, under the direction from our new general manager Tony Telford and this extremely talented coaching staff, I am confident that we will once again return to the Super Bowl. Not only that, we will win one. That will most certainly find itself on my Christmas list in the near future...

But for now, Santa, a victory against the Denver Broncos will do just fine.

- CB

Last edited by bichettehappens; 10-09-2010 at 05:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »