Home

Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise)

This is a discussion on Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downgoesfrazier
This is great!

I like the layout. Some may think the NFL.com graphics are great, but I'd rather do a more simpler approach TBH. It saves a lot of time and my photoshop trial is running out, so I may try something like this for my next franchise. Plus, it looks very clean! Awesome job.

Seeing the draft day trade, you didn't want their first rounder? You gave up a 1st, 6th and a 1st or 2nd 2011 pick for a 2nd, 3rd and their 2nd round choice from last year. Just wondering if there was noone you wanted in the 1st round?

Maybe it was a good deal, you did after all get one of the best college QBs in history with some good early round picks.

Nice draft though! I won't look at overalls since I don't wanna spoil myself and like finding gems and busts alike lol.

I also love Lebeau getting a HC job. I picked him for my Brown's franchise last year, which was very fun.

I will def. follow!
I initially was looking to trade into the mid-20s in the first round until i came across McCoy. But yeah there wasn't really anybody in the first round who stood out to me as fitting my vision for the team, plus I figure the Browns probably need their first rounder since I'm taking their QB of the future. Then I figured if he goes on to start for me most of the season I'd send them another 1st, and if not then I'll probably use that first on a QB myself. This was a pretty weak draft as far as QBs go I think.

I'll have a preseason wrap-up on position battles as well as week 1 results up tonight

Thanks for following and glad you like the way it looks. I must say tho I'm a big fan of your NFL.com layout. Also, I'll put draft pick overalls and potential in spoiler tags from now on.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 09-17-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #10
MVP

Re: Unfinished Business: Buffalo Bills Story (Madden 11 Franchise)

A Look Ahead: Position Battles
The following battles are expected to take place during training camp and preseason.

Quarterback
The Bills don't currently have a quarterback with real starting experience. They expect third stringer from a year ago, Brian Brohm, to compete with newly acquired Josh Johnson and Colt McCoy for the job. The staff has said whoever plays the best in camp and preseason will earn the job, at least to start the season.

Halfback
After using their 2010 first rounder on RB CJ Spiller and handing him the starting job, the Bills saw him vastly outperformed by Fred Jackson. Now with free agent acquisition Darren McFadden thrown into the mix this is sure to become a heated battle. Telford is striving to put together a 3-headed monster in the backfield, but one must wonder if one out of the three might be traded prior to the season.

Wide Receiver
Will rookie receivers Jordunn Williams and Khamari Dansby step in and make an immediate impact in 2011 or will incumbents Roscoe Parrish and Marcus Easley force them to spend most of their rookie season on the bench? Turner is looking forward to having so many potential weapons to utilize in his offensive scheme.

Tight End
The team has high hopes for fifth-round pick Torri Bonner, but will he pick up the NFL game quick enough and take the starting spot from Jonathan Stupar and Shawn Nelson? His weakness as a blocker could hinder his chances to start out of the gate, but nonetheless we expect him to be an oft-utilized weapon in the passing game this season.

Left Tackle
Last season's backup Jamon Meredith will have every chance to win the starting job over rookie and 2nd round pick Vondray Neal. Although if Neal adjusts to NFL lineman quickly he could run away with the left tackle position.

Middle Linebacker
Paul Posluszny is the captain of this defensive unit, but who will accompany him in the middle of their 3-4 scheme? Odds likely favor veterans Kawika Mitchell and Andra Davis, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills favor the speed of free agent acquisition Gary Guyton. Regardless of who starts, they all should see plenty of time on the field in various packages.

Cornerback
With an already strong secondary, Buffalo added two more veteran corners to the group to team up with McKelvin & McGee. Bruce Johnson and Zackary Bowman will likely compete for a nickel corner position, although I wouldn't be shocked if an impressive preseason lands either of them in a starting spot.

Kick/Punt Returner
Parrish has long been the returner for the Bills, but with rookie Williams' impressive return abilities flashed at Tulsa I wouldn't be surprised if he takes at least some of the return responsibilities from Parrish. The result of this battle likely hinges closely on the outcome of the wide receiver battle.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 10-03-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #11
MVP

Preseason Results

Final Record - (4-0)

Stats
Buffalo Bills Preseason Passing Stats Leaders - 2011 Season
QB RatingRATINGPassing YardsYDS
1. Brian Brohm106.41. Brian Brohm392
2. Colt McCoy89.82. Colt McCoy305
3. Josh Johnson71.53. Josh Johnson307
Completion PercentageCOMP%TouchdownsTD
1. Brian Brohm26/42 (61%)1. Brian Brohm3
2. Colt McCoy22/42 (52%)2. Colt McCoy3
3. Josh Johnson20/40 (50%)3. Josh Johnson2
InterceptionsINTAverage Yards Per AttemptAVGA
1. Brian Brohm11. Brian Brohm9.3
2. Colt McCoy12. Josh Johnson7.6
3. Josh Johnson23. Colt McCoy7.2

Buffalo Bills Preseason Rushing Stats Leaders - 2011 Season
Rushing YardsYDSRushing TouchdownsTD
1. Fred Jackson1951. Fred Jackson1
2. CJ Spiller1342. Darren McFadden1
3. Darren McFadden1073. CJ Spiller0
AttemptsATTAverage Per CarryAVG
1. Fred Jackson331. Fred Jackson5.9
2. CJ Spiller322. CJ Spiller4.1
3. Darren McFadden283. Darren McFadden3.8

Buffalo Bills Preseason Receiving Stats Leaders - 2011 Season
ReceptionsRECYardsYDS
1. Khamari Dansby171. Khamari Dansby505
2. Torri Bonner122. Jonathan Stupar104
3. Jonathan Stupar73. Torri Bonner90
4. Jordunn Williams64. Jordunn Williams83
5. Trip Allen65. Marcus Easley59
Average Per ReceptionAVGTouchdownsTDS
1. Khamari Dansby29.71. Khamari Dansby5
2. Marcus Easley19.62. Torri Bonner1
3. Jonathan Stupar14.83. Jonathan Stupar1
4. Jordunn Williams13.84. Jordunn Williams1
5. Torri Bonner7.55.

Buffalo Bills Preseason Defensive Stats Leaders - 2011 Season
TacklesTACKTackles For LossTFL
1. Gary Guyton111. Deontae Knight4
2. R.T. Smiley102. Paul Posluszny3
3. Donte Whitner103. Gary Guyton3
4. Usama Young94. Aaron Maybin2
5. Paul Posluszny95. Usama Young1
SacksSACKInterceptionsINT
1. Deontae Knight41. Jairus Byrd1
2. Gary Guyton22. Paul Posluszny1
3. Aaron Maybin13. Usama Young1
4. Kyle Williams14. Aaron Maybin1

Notes
- Despite how much the team likes McCoy's style of play, they've decided to name Brian Brohm as the starter to begin the season due to his impressive play in the preseason as well as good performance in spot appearances last season.

- The offense scored over 40 points in each game. Time will tell if this is an early sign of an explosive, renewed offense or merely just a result of rotating starters throughout the game, even against second and third-string defenses after the half.

- The Bills were very aggressive on defense, forcing turnovers and scoring multiple defensive touchdowns. If this trend continues into the regular season the Bills could find themselves with a top 10 ranked defense.

- Although rookie LE Deontae Knight had a stellar preseason performance, it won't be enough to unseat veteran stars Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams, and Dwan Edwards along the defensive line.

- Rookie WR Khamari Dansby was the obvious standout of the preseason, emerging as a big play threat leading receivers in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. He is expected to start the season as the number 3 receiver out of the slot, behind veterans Lee Evans and Antonio Bryant.

- The Bills signed free agent FB Quinton Ganther and see him as being a bigger receiving threat out of the fullback position than rookie Trip Allen. They seem set to split time.

- Rookie RT Bobby Curl went down with a torn quadricep and will miss the first few weeks of the season.

Last edited by bichettehappens; 09-23-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #12
MVP

2011 Buffalo Bills

Position Battle Winners
Quarterback - Brian Brohm
Brohm simply performed the best during preseason. It will be interesting to see if Lebeau and the Bills stick by him after a poor performance or two with a pair of young talented quarterbacks waiting in the wings.

Halfback - Fred Jackson
Jackson continued to perform at a higher level like he did in 2010. The Bills still plan to utilize Spiller as a homerun threat and McFadden out of a lot of passing packages. The dynamic of this three-headed monster could very well change throughout the season, though.

Wide Receiver - (3) Khamari Dansby (4) Jordunn Williams
As noted before, Dansby was the standout player on the Bills offense, so him getting the number 3 spot should come as no surprise. I expect Williams and Parrish to still share a lot of time at 4th receiver.

Tight End - Torri Bonner
Although Jonathan Stupar arguably outperformed Bonner in the passing game, they feel Bonner offers more of a big play threat. I presume they will still use a lot of 2-TE formations to get Stupar on the field as well.

Left Tackle - Vondray Neal
Offensive Line Coach Joe D'Alessandris was impressed with how Neal adjusted to NFL play during the preseason. The Bills will likely utilize a rotation of Neal and Meredith, but ultimately they determined the best way for Neal to learn the position is to have him come up facing elite NFL players.

Middle Linebacker - Kawika Mitchell
Gary Guyton honestly stood out as the linebacker who made the most impact during preseason, but Lebeau will opt to start the battle-tested veteran. Guyton will still see plenty of time in nickel, dollar, and quarter packages, though, as they like his speed and ability to get to the ball carrier.

Cornerback - See Depth Chart

Kick/Punt Returner
Parrish and Williams are expected to split the return duties throughout the season.

Depth Chart
**Note - For rookie ratings, please see this post**

Buffalo Bills - 2011 Depth Chart - Regular Offense
Starter2nd3rd4th
WRAntonio Bryant (83)Khamari Dansby (R)Marcus Easley (64)
TETorri Bonner (R)Jonathan Stupar (73)Shawn Nelson (74)
LTVondray Neal (R)Jamon Meredith (72)Ed Wang (70)
LGAndy Levitre (85)Kraig Urbik (69)
CJustin Hartwig (81)Geoff Hangartner (72)
RGEric Wood (87)Cordaro Howard (66)
RTBrandon Keith (81)Bobby Curl (R)
WRLee Evans (84)Jordunn Williams (R)Roscoe Parrish (64)
QBBrian Brohm (69)Colt McCoy (76)Josh Johnson (73)
FBTrip Allen (R)Quinton Ganther (71)
HBFred Jackson (84)CJ Spiller (84)Darren McFadden (79)
Buffalo Bills - 2011 Depth Chart - Base 3-4 Defense
Starter2nd3rd4th
LDEMarcus Stroud (82)Deontae Knight (R)
NTKyle Williams (81)Torrell Troup (72)Tony Hargrove (73)
RDEDwan Edwards (80)Alex Carrington (71)
LOLBThomas Howard (79)Chris Kelsay (68)
LILBPaul Posluszny (89)Gary Guyton (77)
RILBKawika Mitchell (77)Andra Davis (76)
ROLBAaron Maybin (69)Antonio Coleman (62)
CBLeodis McKelvin (87)Zackary Bowman (80)R.T. Smiley (R)
SSDonte Whitner (85)Lawrence Wilson (R)
FSJairus Byrd (91)Usama Young (71)
CBTerrence McGee (83)Bruce Johnson (80)
Buffalo Bills - 2011 Depth Chart - Special Teams
Starter2nd3rd4th
KMason Crosby
PBrian Moorman
H
PRJordunn WilliamsRoscoe Parrish
KRRoscoe ParrishJordunn Williams
LSGeoff Hangartner
Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
MVP

2011 Schedule

1 - - @ New England Patriots - Monday, September 12, 9:00PM

2 - - @ Philadelphia Eagles - Sunday, September 18, 4:00PM

3 - - vs Houston Texans - Sunday, September 25, 1:00PM

4 - - vs New England Patriots - Sunday, October 2, 4:15PM

5 - - vs New York Giants - Sunday, October 9, 1:00PM

6 - - @ Miami Dolphins - Sunday, October 16, 4:00PM

7 - - @ Washington Redskins - Sunday, October 23, 1:00PM

8 - BYE WEEK

9 - - @ New York Jets - Sunday, November 6, 1:00PM

10 - - vs Dallas Cowboys - Sunday, November 13, 1:00PM

11 - - vs Kansas City Chiefs - Sunday, November 20, 1:00PM

12 - - @ Cleveland Browns - Sunday, November 27, 8:30PM

13 - - @ Oakland Raiders - Sunday, December 4, 4:15PM

14 - - @ San Diego Chargers - Sunday, December 11, 4:05PM

15 - - vs New York Jets - Sunday, December 18, 8:30PM

16 - - vs Denver Broncos - Saturday, December 24, 4:00PM

17 - - vs Miami Dolphins - Sunday, January 1, 1:00PM

Last edited by bichettehappens; 09-17-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #14
MVP

2011 Preview

Five things you need to know about the Bills:

1. Another year, another scheme:
After yet another losing season, the Bills cleaned house and brought in a whole new coaching staff. With hopes of making the Bills a versatile team tough to gameplan against, one has to wonder if they have all the necessary pieces for that. The coaching brilliance of Lebeau, Turner, and Rivera combined should at least add a couple of victories, or so they hope.

2. Quarterback by committee: Brian Brohm has the starting job now, but after a bad game or two it's very likely we could see Colt McCoy as the starter, then Josh Johnson after a bad McCoy start. Unless one of these young, untested talents emerges as a formidable starter, this could spell a recipe for disaster. Expect all criticism to be directed towards whoever is starting at quarterback that particular week.

3. Underrated defensive unit: Last year we noted how talented their defensive backfield was. This year, it's even better with the additions of Bowman and Johnson at corner. Hopefully the defense will be better suited to stop opposing running backs this year. If there is anything to take from their preseason performance, it's that the Buffalo defense played with a visible hunger to succeed, and forced many turnovers as a result. If that carries over into the regular season they will be a force.

4. Big-play offense: From the looks of it, the Buffalo offense will have to rely on scoring the big play in order to put points on the board. With the breakout preseason by rookie receiver Khamari Dansby, CJ Spiller with another year under his belt, and the addition of Darren McFadden, the Bills look poised to exploit opposing defenses with the big play.

5. Offensive line will make or break them: Ultimately, if their quarterback (whoever it may be) can't get time in the pocket and holes aren't opened for the running back trio, too much pressure will be put on the Bills defense. They hope new tackles Vondray Neal and Brandon Keith can help keep their offense on the field but the line is still a question mark.

-- Tim Graham, ESPN.com

Last edited by bichettehappens; 09-18-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Awesome job with the build up to the season so far!

Odd to see Brohm doing so well, but it's cool to see something different. Good luck with it and let's get to some football!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downgoesfrazier
Awesome job with the build up to the season so far!

Odd to see Brohm doing so well, but it's cool to see something different. Good luck with it and let's get to some football!
Yeah I was mildly disappointed that Brohm was the best one cuz I enjoyed playing with McCoy the most, but I figure there must be a reason he's continually outperformed the other 2, so why not try and keep it rolling.

I've played the first 2 games of the season, still working on tweaking the sliders but should have those game recaps up tomorrow, and maybe week 3

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »