Home

A NEW NFL --- REPLACEMENT TEAMS

This is a discussion on A NEW NFL --- REPLACEMENT TEAMS within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A NEW NFL --- REPLACEMENT TEAMS

Its happened--- The NFL has announced that a lockout has occurred. Sources say tensions looming over the probable 2011 lockout escalated to the point where players have walked out and refused to return until a new CBA agreement is in place. Free agents will be allowed to sign with the replacement teams, but all players under contract are on lockout. However, their is good news for fans of the NFL.... Commissioner Goodell announced today that 32 Replacement teams will take the field for the 2010 NFL season. There where rumors as to various construction projects going on (and some may be wary that stimulus money went to some of the stadium projects)... but the news was surprisingly kept under wraps. " I knew we had to do something for our loyal NFL fans," Goodell said. "This won't be the same, but we will have NFL football." When asked how this was covered up so well Goodell replied "Let's just say I'm glad it did. I know there were mutterings about some of the stadium construction sites, but as much construction that goes on in today's world, I don't think anyone would have guessed. Plus we had sheets of metal to block the stadium from view." One city rumored to be getting a team is Bismark. "this makes since now," Said a Bismark resident who asked his identity not be released. "I figured with all the walls blocking the construction there was some sort of military operations going on, but if we are getting a team sign me up as a fan!"
The teams will be announced at an unveiling later today.

***PS --- hope this isnt too lame of a story line lol! Im trying to learn fonts & tables so bare with me on formatting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A NEW NFL --- REPLACEMENT TEAMS

NFL ANNOUNCES AFC REPLACEMENT TEAMS
Roger Goodell and The NFL have announced the 16 AFC Replacement teams. The Conference and Division names will remain the same.
AFC NORTH
Boston Shamrocks
Cleveland Pitbulls
Cincinnati Dyanamite
Minneapolis Warthogs

AFC EAST
Allentown Atoms
Baltimore Vultures
Buffalo Rhinos
New Jersey Demons

AFC SOUTH
Florida Crocodiles
Houston Outlaws
Memphis Wolves
Oklahoma-City Devils

AFC WEST
Hawaii Islanders
Las Vegas Vipers
Los Angeles Heat
Portland Castles

Last edited by cgm110; 11-18-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Good luck with this. I thought about doing something similar, but 32 teams is way to much for me, so I just stuck with one. I'll be following!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

NFL ANNOUNCES NFC REPLACEMENT TEAMS
Roger Goodell and The NFL have announced the 16 AFC Replacement teams. The Conference and Division names will remain the same.
NFC NORTH
Chicago Dynasty
Detroit Spartans
Iowa Meteors
Milwaukee Hornets

NFC EAST
Carolina Gators
New York Flames
Philadelphia Stallions
Virginia Bulldogs

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Killer-Bees
New Orleans Phoenix
Orlando Sharks
San Antonio Bandits

NFC WEST
Arizona Rattlesnakes
California Gladiators
Dakota Baboons
Seattle Hawks
Old 11-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

ALERT: PROTESTS OVER "DEVILS" LOGO
The new NFL replacement teams have been announced, and it didn't take long for sparks to fly! The controversy is over the Oklahoma City Devils Logo(Demons alt -- the one thats no the pitchfork). One protester commented on a condition on anonymity "When I see the NJ Demons pitchfork, that makes me think of the devil. The two teams should switch logos. The fact the a team would portray a visual of satan himself is disgusting, anti-religious, and frankly I hope they fail!." This protester also specified that "devil" and "satan" be un-capitalized as not to show respect for "pure evil". Other protesters aired similar complaints. "They will need an exorcism in that stadium! The fact that they named the stadium the Oklahoma City Memorial Dome (In remembrance of the OKC bombing tragedy) and choose the devils as their team name.... (shaking head) its sick!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJanItor
Good luck with this. I thought about doing something similar, but 32 teams is way to much for me, so I just stuck with one. I'll be following!
It took me quite some time.. Im glad I did it though! I dont like having a handful of teams with similar names
Vipers/rattlesnakes
Bulldogs/pitbulls
Hornets/Killer-bees

But I had to make due with what was in the game. Regardless of Madden 12 I may keep playing this league in 11 (unless I want to spend another 4-6 hrs making this league again LOL)
Old 11-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

ALERT: BULLDOGS TO HOLD PRESS-CONFRENCE
Virginia Resident Chris Medding expected to be named owner

The Virginia Bulldogs (balanced-83 ranking) will hold a press-conference this afternoon for an expected announcement that will have young 23 year old Chris Medding the teams owner! "Mr. Medding is very excited about buying this franchise. He is looking forward to leading this franchise to greatness," Said his agent Tony Rachels. The Bulldogs owner is expected to be a reasonably patient man, but will expect results to be produced. Medding is also rummored to be an "avid VT fan" so we will see how that plays into decision making. Medding will address the media about the direction of his team and will gladly field any questions.

**PS** I Will be controlling the bulldogs but will give league-wide stories & updates!

Last edited by cgm110; 11-18-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
Rookie

BULLDOGS PRESS CONFERENCE
Peter Norris: Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I am Peter Norris the Director of Media Operations for the Virginia Bulldogs! This is a great day for our franchise. It's a little akward for me in that I am introducing my boss (laughs). Mr. Chris Medding is a avid sports fan who has a deep passion for the game of football. He bring that passion now as the Owner and CEO of the Virginia Bulldogs. In just a moment, Mr. Medding will make an introductory statement. At the conclusion of his statement, the floor will be open for questions. Please state your name and affiliation and keep your questions as concise as possible so we can get to as many as time allows. It is now my extraordinary pleasure to introduce to you the owner & CEO of the Viginia Bulldogs, and my boss, Mr. Chris Medding!

Chris M.---Thank you very much ladies & Gentleman and thank you Pete for that kind introduction, see me afterwards about a raise *laughs*. This is a great day! I am thrilled to be the owner of the new franchise and think we have great things to look forward to. But today isn't about me. Its about the Virginia Bulldogs, the City of Alexandria, and our fan-base. I know there are many questions surrounding not only this team, but the direction of the league. Many of these league wide questions remain question marks for even the league execs. The Bulldogs will always remain in compliance with NFL rules, policies and regulations! My pledge to Bulldogs fans, the City of Alexandria is that I will be honest and forthright and this franchise will always maintain integrity. As you may have noticed, I am mentioning the city of Alexandria, and think it is important to show them gratitude in hosting our franchise, thank you so much and we hope to make you very proud. This community has done so much for this franchise already, and I feel you always should give back to your community. That's why I am designating 5,000 tickets per Home game this season be donated to charitable causes. My hope in this is that those who may not get to ordinary experience a football game will be given the "experience of a lifetime!" As far as the team goes, I can tell you that we will strive to put together the best roster we can to produce a consistent winning product. I know winning isn't synonymous with instant, but we will work each and every day to better our team. I want to pledge to our fans that every decision will be thoroughly weighed and thought out, and any decision will be made in the best interest in the team. I have tons more to say, but I think I've rambled on enough.... I'll open the floor for questions

PETER NORRIS-- Members of the Media, Please Raise your hand to ask a question of Mr. Medding... When he calls on you, a staff member will bring you a microphone. At the time please sate your name and affiliation. Again we appreciate you being concise in your questions, as we will try to get as many answered as possible. If time permits, we may be able to allow second questions from you, but we will not guarantee!

Last edited by cgm110; 11-18-2010 at 02:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »