Home

Bow to the Orange - Syracuse NCAA 11 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Bow to the Orange - Syracuse NCAA 11 Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Bow to the Orange - Syracuse NCAA 11 Dynasty

Here is some basic information to keep you guys on edge until I get this started. It will probably be a couple days as I am waiting on a new XBOX 360 HardDrive to get to me. Also, feel free to chime in with comments, predictions, etc and I will do my best to reply to them all.

All-Time Record: 678-480-49 (.561 Winning %)
National Titles: 1 (1959)
Conference Titles: 4 (96-98, 2004)
All-Time Bowl Record: 12-9-1 (Last Game: 2004 Champs Sports Bowl, Loss)

Game Difficulty: All-American
Game Length: 8 Minutes
Recruiting Difficulty: All-American
Recruiting Assistance: None
Rosters: shakeandbake30
Sliders: SECElite's All-American Post Patch 3

Play Calling: I must manually play offense and super-sim defense...On offense, I must use the "Ask Coach" option and can only audible out of the play if I feel an all-out blitz. Also, I can override the "Ask Coach" play on 4th down if I have a yard or less to go and I'm past the opponents 40yd line. I can also override the "Ask Coach" play on 4th down if it tells me to kick a FG, I can only swap that play out with a Punt.

Recruiting: Can only recruit 3* players from NY and PA...Once I reach Top 25 Status, I can go after a limited number of 4* recruits...If I have 3 straight seasons in the Top 25, then I can go after however many 4* recruits I want, and a limited number of 5* recruits.

Scheduling: I cannot schedule multiple high ranked teams in one season, and the only time this will happen is if my conference opponents are ranked. Also, I cannot schedule any cupcake FCS schools.

Transferring: I cannot transfer schools unless they are another 3* school or below. If my team is in the Top 25, then I can accept a job from a 4* school with a losing record.

Year 1 of 3 Goals via Game:
Beat Rival: West Virginia
Top 3 Finish in Big East
Beat a 5 or 6 star team

First Year Personal Goals:
Receive Bowl Bid (Syracuse has a 5 year drought)
Win Home Opener - 9/18 vs Marshall
Have 2 Players with 5 TDs (Doesn't include Passing TDs)

Last edited by nusie; 12-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Bow to the Orange - Syracuse NCAA 11 Dynasty

Old 12-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Arizona St to Big 12 South from Pac 10
Boise St to MWC from WAC
Colorado to Pac 10 from Big 12 North
Houston to MWC from C-USA West
Louisville to MWC from Big East
Nebraska to Big 10 from Big 12 North
Northwestern to Big 12 North from Big 10
TCU to Big East from MWC
Texas Tech to Big 12 North from Big 12 South
Utah to Pac 10 from MWC
Washington to C-USA West from Pac 10
Wyoming to WAC from MWC

1.) TCU
2.) Pittsburgh
3.) West Virginia
4.) Connecticut
5.) Syracuse
6.) Cincinnati
7.) USF
8.) Rutgers

Last edited by nusie; 12-03-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 13

Looks good. I will follow this.

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Old 12-01-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

mnwildgophers's Arena

OVR: 9

Excited to see how this goes, will be following. I like the conference alignments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks matt & gophers

Quote:
I like the conference alignments.
Yeah, I wanted to make changes for the switches in the upcoming seasons, and I moved teams around that I felt would be a realistic compromise. Definitely took some thinking out, lol.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

Coming off a disappointing 2009 campaign, the Orange of Syracuse were ready to get on the field for some action to show what teams will have to worry about this year. So in order to boost morale, they scheduled a weaker Akron team, on the road, in hopes of using the momentum of that game to fly through the season. The beginning of the game saw each team have to punt on their first drive. On Syracuse's second drive, they were looking at a 2nd consecutive drive ending in a punt as it was 3rd & 31. However, Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib dropped back, and fired a strike to freshman receiver Marcus Sales who gracefully took the ball in, broke away from a tackle and was long gone on a 60 yard touchdown to go up 7-0.

On the ensuing drive for Akron, they drove the field with ease after a pass interference penalty, setting up 3 yard pass for a touchdown and tying it up at 7. From there on out though, Syracuse's offense went on an onslaught. After giving up the 7, they went on a 17 point scoring streak to go up 24-7 at halftime. During halftime, Coach Nus spoke with reporters saying that the offense was able to get the points on the board thanks to Syracuse defense playing so good and allowing them to start with great field position. Receiving the ball in the 3rd quarter, Syracuse, wanting to protect their lead, started using run plays to chew time off the clock. Then, out of nowhere, 2nd string halfback Antwon Bailey, who was filling in for starter Delone Carter who was out with an injury, broke out to the right side and scrambled 55 yards for his second touchdown of the game.

When asked about that play, Bailey said that Coach Nus noticed Akron constantly stacking guys to the left side of the field and when I saw my opportunity to bust one to the right, and that's exactly what I did. Syracuse would go on to add a field goal on their next drive and close out the third quarter 34-7. Akron's defense finally decided to show up in the 4th quarter as they were able to hold the Orange to only 3 points after Ryan Lichtenstein hit his 3rd field goal of the game. Akron would finally put some more points on the board late in the 4th quarter after a 20 yard touchdown pass. Coach Nus is now only 5 wins away from fulfilling his personal goal of winning 6 games this year. It'll also be a tough fight for Syracuse next week as they travel to Salt Lake City to take on the 22nd ranked Utah Utes.

Last edited by nusie; 12-02-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Rookie

After the conference realignments, schedules were changed, so these were the only games worth noting.

#22 @ #17
#22 North Carolina went down to #17 LSU for the marquee matchup of the week. North Carolina would go on to obliterate the Tigers, embarrassing them at home, 45-27.

#16 @ #25
The second marquee matchup of the week saw #16 Pittsburgh travel down south to take on #25 Houston. Just like the UNC/LSU game, the football fans down in Houston saw a Pittsburgh onslaught of Houston, 52-23.

Other Teams Receiving Votes:
Georgia (155), Auburn (127), Oklahoma State (101), Clemson (45), Houston (37), California (35), Arizona (33), Rutgers (12)

Teams That Dropped Out:
Houston (#25)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »