Home

O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:11 PM   #25
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12)

Buckeyes lose battle to Penn State
Mistakes cost Bucks chance for seventh straight Big Ten title

Columbus, Ohio - The Ohio State football team gave all it had on Saturday afternoon, but it wasn't enough as the Bucks lost to the Nittany Lions of Penn State by a score of 31-28.

Penn State at Ohio State
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Penn State (8-3, 5-2)10701431
#19 Ohio State (7-4, 4-3)777728

Mistakes were made, but so were big plays. The Buckeyes nearly pulled off an incredible come-from-behind victory but just fell short. It could have been much worse.

The contest started with trouble for the Bucks. Joe Bauserman threw an interception on the second play of the game. Penn State was held to a field goal on that possession.

Sophomore Jaamal Berry took his first carry for six yards, then followed with another five yard first down. The rush gave him 1000 yards on the season. Berry took 21 carries for 71 yards in the game.

On the next play, Bauserman made up for his interception by throwing a 65 yard play-action bomb to TE Jake Stoneburner for a touchdown. Penn State answered with a 39 yard passing touchdown with just eight seconds left in the first quarter.

After a Buckeye three-and-out, Penn State drove up the field and scored on a 20 yard rushing touchdown by Silas Redd, giving the Nittany Lions an alarming 17-7 lead. Ohio State's next possession was another three-and-out.

Penn State got the ball back and immediately started moving up field. Ohio State CB Nate Ebner then intercepted a WR screen and took it 64 yards for the pick-six. Suddenly, the Bucks were in contention again.

Bauserman hit Berry for a seven yard touchdown on their first possession of the second half, giving the Buckeyes their first lead of the game, 21-17. In the fourth, things fell apart.

Penn State opened the final period with a 74 yard touchdown pass - a WR screen no less - where it seemed like every Buckeye defender missed a tackle.

"It was hard to watch," Ohio State coach Peter Johnson said. "It's always hard to watch mistakes lead to touchdowns, but it wasn't just our defense."

No, it wasn't.

On the ensuing possession, Berry fumbled the ball after an impressive eight yard gain. Penn State LB Nate Stupar picked the ball up and took it back 35 yards for a defensive touchdown.

Ohio State wouldn't allow the Nittany Lions a win without a fight. Bauserman lead the team up the field on their next possession, scoring on a 20 yard fade route to Stoneburner. The defense held Penn State to a three-and-out on their next possession, setting up a final drive for the Ohio State offense.

"It's something you dream about as a kid," Bauserman said about the drive. "Getting the ball with just under two minutes left, no timeouts. Go win the ball game, that's what you dream about."

This time around, it was more like a nightmare. Bauserman was sacked on the first play, then threw an incompletion. On third-and-long, the senior QB was sacked again, fumbling it back to the Ohio State 18 yard line. The Buckeyes recovered, but were unable to convert a fourth-and-thirty.

Penn State took two knees to end the game.

Ohio State (7-4, 4-3) heads up North to face bitter rival Michigan (6-5, 4-3) next week. Penn State (8-3, 5-2) will face Wisconsin (8-3, 4-3).

Big Ten Notes: Ohio State was eliminated from a chance to win the Big Ten crown by their loss to Penn State. Penn State now controls their destiny in the Big Ten race. The Nittany Lions are tied with Illinois (9-2, 5-2) at the top of the Leaders division, but Penn State owns the tie breaker after defeating the Illini on October 29th.

Player of the Game
PosPlayerstatistics
TEJake Stoneburner5 receptions, 108 yards, 2 TD

National Notes - The Polls
Poll
POSSCHOOLMoVe
Coaches
N/AOhio State
AP Top 25N/AOhio State

Last edited by jdx66; 08-19-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #26
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

I'm obviously toying around with the formatting a bit. Let me know what you guys like. I'm not too fond of lots of tables/images, but I know a wall of text can get a little boring.

I'm looking for ways to appease the eyes without resorting to too many tables or (any) images.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #27
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

It looks good, not too flashy but not too dull. Can't believe you loss like that, hopefully that final drive will push the O-Line to play better next week - like they need any more reason to play better against Michigan.

I really enjoy reading this, despite not being a big fan of Ohio State. Good luck next week.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #28
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Michigan breaks streak, beats Ohio State
Ohio State breaks under pressure in the Big House

Ann Arbor, Mich. - New Michigan head coach Brady Hoke can breathe a sigh of relief. The Wolverines beat bitter rival Ohio State 28-26 on Saturday night in "The Game." It was Hoke's first win against the Buckeyes, and Michigan's first win in the series since 2003.

Ohio State at Michigan
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Ohio State (7-5, 4-4)7331326
Michigan (7-5, 5-3)1477028

Hoke had a lot to stress about during the game. Sophomore RB Jaamal Berry ran the opening kickoff back 104 yards for a quick touchdown. It was the longest kickoff return in school history.

Michigan answered just as swiftly. On their ensuing possession, junior RB Vincent Smith scored on a 26 yard rushing touchdown. After an Ohio State three-and-out, Smith struck again - this time with a 17 yard rushing touchdown.

"He's a solid back," Ohio State coach Patrick Johnson said of Smith. "He proved that tonight, and then some."

The Bucks were the first to score in the second period with a 27 yard Drew Basil field goal. Michigan answered with another rushing touchdown from Smith. This one came from 15 yards out with just 52 seconds remaining in the half.

Basil added another field goal in the third. Then, Michigan QB Denard Robinson connected with wideout Roy Roundtree for a 25 yard score. After three quarters, the Wolverines led 28-13 and looked to have the victory in hand.

"I knew better than to let off the gas," Hoke said. "This is Ohio State and Michigan. The game's not over until the away team is on the bus back home."

Hoke couldn't have been more correct. Buckeye QB Joe Bauserman connected with Evan Spencer for two late game touchdowns. The first came with just under four minutes left, a 23 yard score. The second was a 13 yard passing TD with 58 seconds on the clock.

Down 28-26, the Buckeyes lined up for the two point conversion. As the Wolverines fell back into their defense, Bauserman spotted TE Jake Stoneburner open on a fade route. What he didn't see was the linebacker ready to swat the ball at the goal line.

"Jake was wide open. That linebacker just made a great play," Bauserman said.

"Joe [Bauserman] did everything we could have asked for tonight. He was solid. I thought he threw the ball well, and he really came out strong in those last two drives. He gave us a chance to win," Johnson said of his senior leader. "That's all I can ask for."

Bauserman completed 13 of his 24 attempts for 194 yards and 2 touchdowns. His much-hyped counterpart, Denard Robinson, was quiet for most of the game. Robinson threw 11-25 for 135 yards, a TD, and three interceptions.

"Tough game for me personally, but we won. That's all that matters," Robinson said post-game.

Player of the Game
PosPlayerstatistics
QB
Joe Bauserman
13-24, 194 yards, 2 TD
National Polls
Poll POSSCHOOLMoVe
Coaches N/AOhio State
AP Top 25N/AOhio State

Old 08-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #29
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
It looks good, not too flashy but not too dull. Can't believe you loss like that, hopefully that final drive will push the O-Line to play better next week - like they need any more reason to play better against Michigan.

I really enjoy reading this, despite not being a big fan of Ohio State. Good luck next week.
Thanks, man. The embarrassment against Penn State didn't motivate my line at all. I was sacked six times against Michigan. Still, it was a great (albeit frustrating) game.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #30
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdx66
"Jake was wide open. That linebacker just made a great play," Bauserman said.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #31
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Man I hate the super LBs with a passion. Tough loss for the Buckeyes, but gotta give credit to the fourth quarter comeback. What bowl are you currently projected to go to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #32
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Big Ten Season Wrap Up

Big Ten Championship Game
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#10 Michigan State (10-2, 6-2)7280843
#16 Penn State (9-3, 6-2)00707

Big Ten Standings
leaders
W-LConf
Penn State9-36-2
Illinois10-26-2
Wisconsin8-44-4
Ohio State7-54-4