Home

O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

OVR: 3
O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12)

Fickell rumored out amid more NCAA violations

Columbus, Ohio - The Ohio State University football team is in trouble, again. The NCAA infractions committee announced Friday that investigations into former head coach Jim Tressel's violations revealed interim head coach Luke Fickell's involvement in a cover up that led to a 5 game suspension for 5 players, Tressel's forced resignation, and QB Terrelle Pryor's leaving the football team.

Just weeks before the start of the 2011-2012 season, the new investigation adds another layer of distractions for the football team, which had won a share of six straight Big Ten conference titles before last year's season was nullified.

According to reports from BuckeyeGrove.com, Fickell is expected to resign by the end of the day today. Ohio State officials refused to comment officially, but an anonymous sources close to the situation said the football team already has a new coach in mind - at least, for the interim.

Expect James Patrick to be named the new head coach of Ohio State football. Patrick, 42, has been the head coach for Division III Mount Union College for the past nine years, winning three national championships and appearing in three more.

Patrick is an experienced national recruiter, with a heavy influence in Ohio. He's also a winner (88% winning percentage) and a well known disciplinarian.

"James is just what this football team needs," the anonymous source said. "He's an outsider, but an Ohio guy. He's got pride and integrity. He'll fit just fine."

Platform: Xbox 360
Difficulty: Varsity
Recruiting: All American
Sliders: Custom
Speed Threshold: 43
Quarter Length: 9 min
Game Speed: Slow

Table of Contents:
1. Season Two (2012-2013)

Last edited by jdx66; 08-21-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Re: O-H-I-O! Ohio State Dynasty (NCAA 12)

Fickell resigns, NCAA punishes

Columbus, Ohio - Interim head coach Luke Fickell resigned today after helming the Ohio State football team for mere months. Fickell's resignation doesn't come as a surprise, though. The NCAA announced last week that Fickell had been part of former head coach Jim Tressel's cover up of a memorabilia-for-tattoos scandal.

The Ohio State University announced Fickell's resignation an hour before the NCAA infractions committee announced its punishment for the football program. Ohio State officials announced James Patrick the new head coach.

In Indianapolis, the NCAA announced the elimination of 20 scholarships for the upcoming season and deemed the 5 players involved in the tattoo scandal suspended for the entire year. Ohio State will be put on probation for a 10 year period, and scholarships will be gradually increased over the coming years.

Patrick, 42, is inheriting a mess in Columbus but says it's nothing that can't be overcome. In many ways, he's right. After news of Fickell's involvement in the cover up, national analysts were calling for the death penalty for the OSU program. By comparison, the suspensions and loss of scholarships seem negligible.

Instead, the team loses 4/5 of its scholarships for the year and three key contributors for the offense.

RB Daniel Herron (Sr), WR DeVier Posey (Sr), and T Mike Adams (Sr) will all be suspended for the year. All were expected to make huge contributions to the team after their self-imposed five game suspension. Posey and Herron were All-Conference talents and Adams was a possible All-American candidate. Some say Adams was the best offensive linemen in the country.

DE Solomon Thomas (Sr) will also be suspended for the season, though his impact on the defensive side would have been limited anyway. The fifth player suspended was QB Terrelle Pryor, who had already left the team.

"It hurts," Patrick said. "We'll have to find guys to step up and make large contributions this year. It's nothing we can't do."

DeVier Posey expressed interest in red shirting the year. The NCAA indicated he would be eligible to play next year, though his talents may push him into the professional ranks.

House Rules: 5 scholarships first year, 10 second year, 15 third and fourth year, 25 after that. Posey will be RS and Herron, Adams, and Thomas will be put at the bottom of the depth chart.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Buckeye Preview

Schedule:
Akron
Toledo
at Miami
Colorado
Michigan State*
at Nebraska*
at Illinois*
BYE
Wisconsin*
Indiana*
at Purdue*
Penn State*
at Michigan*
* = Conference Game

Key Contributors (Offense)
QB Joe Bauserman - Senior
RB Jaamal Berry - Sophomore
RB Jordan Hall - Junior
TE Jake Stoneburner - Junior
C Mike Brewster - Senior

Key Contributors (Defense)
DL Nathan Williams - Senior
LB Tyler Moeller - Senior
LB Etienne Sabino - Junior
S Nate Oliver - Senior
CB Travis Howard - Junior

Key Newcomers
QB Braxton Miller - 6'3/210 - Huber Heights, OH
LB Curtis Grant - 6'3/225 - Richmond, VA

Overview
It's going to be a tough season for Ohio State. The first two games against in-state MAC schools should be gimme's, but a trip to Miami will probably be the first loss of the year. Colorado at home shouldn't be a problem, but the Big Ten is going to be tough this year.

Michigan State, Nebraska, and Wisconsin will be tough W's, even if the games are played at home. Michigan is improving, and with the game in Ann Arbor, look for the Wolverines to end their losing streak to the Buckeyes.

The outcome of the season will likely fall onto the QB's shoulders. Senior Joe Bauserman has paid his dues, but his talent is mediocre at best. Freshman Braxton Miller is built in more of the Terrelle Pryor mold, but Patrick Johnson's offense will require a strong ability to pass. Sophomore Kenny Guiton could surprise and take the job from Bauserman. No matter who the starting QB is, look for Miller to be subbed in during certain formations on a consistent basis.

The defense has a lost a lot of starters, but at Ohio State, you reload instead of rebuild. The same could be said of this year, especially at the LB positions. Johnson is switching from the 4-3 front to a 3-4. Moeller and Sabino will lead the LB corp, but watch out for freshman Curtis Grant, he comes in as one of the top recruits at his position.

Special teams should be a strong suit for the Buckeyes. RBs Jaamal Berry and Jordan Hall will return kicks, and Hall will return punts. Both a threats to take it to the house. K Drew Basil and P Ben Buchanan are as strong a tandem as there is in the Big Ten.

All in all, expect the Buckeyes to finish 8-4 on the year. That will land them second place in the Leaders Division. That's not a bad season for a new coach and a team reeling from major NCAA violations, despite what the Buckeye faithful will say. Expectations always run too high in Columbus.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #4
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Bucks down Akron 28-7

Columbus, Ohio - Patrick Johnson picked up his first win as Ohio State head coach on Saturday. The Akron Zips were no match for the Buckeyes, on either side of the ball.

The biggest question going into the game was how Senior QB Joe Bauserman would respond after being named the starting quarterback after a tough competition at camp. Bauserman went 8-15 for 98 yards and TD. The Bucks didn't need much production from Bauserman.

Sophomore RB Jaamal Berry took 27 carries for 210 yards and two scores, scorching the Zips for 7.7 yards per carry. Junior back Jordan Hall added five carries for 29 yards.

The defense held strong for the Bucks, forcing two turnovers on interceptions. Sophomore FS Jamie Wood picked off one pass and Freshman CB Ron Tanner the other. Senior LB Tyler Moeller led the team in tackles with eight.

Freshman QB Braxton Miller played the entire fourth quarter, though most of his time was spent managing the clock. Miller threw one pass for the night, a five yard TD score to WR Corey Brown. Miller also took two rushes for 12 yards in his limited action.

"I thought we looked good," Coach Johnson said after the game. "There are places where we could improve, but it was a great start for the season."

The Buckeyes (1-0, 0-0) play Toledo (1-0, 0-0) at home next week. Akron (0-1, 0-0) will open MAC play at home against Temple (1-0, 0-0) on Saturday.

My BBCF Dynasty
:
X's and O's: The Paxton Patrick Letters

Last edited by jdx66; 08-13-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Ohio State tops Toledo 35-10

Columbus, Ohio - The Buckeyes rode a 21 point second quarter to a large win against MAC contender Toledo on Saturday. Coach Johnson kept Joe Bauserman's expectations low, allowing him to throw only 15 times. Bauserman completed 11 of those attempts for 159 yards and 2 TDs.

Sophomore RB Jaamal Berry continued his dominance of MAC schools, taking 18 carries for 116 yards and two TDs. Freshman QB Braxton Miller added a third rushing score on a four yard scamper in the second quarter. Miller also completed three of four passes for 35 yards.

Junior TE Jake Stoneburner caught six passes for 107 yards and a touchdown. Senior DL Nathan Williams led the defense with two sacks, and freshman CB Ron Tanner added his second interception of the season in as many games.

Player of the Game: RB Jaamal Berry - 18 carries, 116 yards, 2 TD, 1 reception, 14 yards

Ohio State (2-0, 0-0) will travel to Miami to play the Hurricanes (1-0, 1-0) in a tough non-conference road game. Toledo (1-1, 0-0) will look to recover against Boise State (1-0, 0-0) whose coming off a BYE week after upsetting Georgia at home.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Bucks beat Canes in OT, 41-38

Miami, FL - A lot of questions followed QB Joe Bauserman into the game Saturday night in Miami. The first year starter hadn't been given much opportunity to shine in the Buckeye offense against lesser MAC schools.

Bauserman responded, complete 17 of 25 passes for 278 yards and three TDs. Even with the running game flowing, the Bucks had to lean on Bauserman late in the game to overcome a raucous crowd in Miami. RBs Jaamal Berry and Jordan Hall combined to take 35 carries for 217 yards and a score.

Still, it was Bauserman's late game heroics that stole the show. The senior led the last drive of regulation with precision, topping it off with a 31 yard pass to WR Corey Brown for the game tying touchdown.

After the defense held the Canes to a field goal in overtime, Bauserman struck again. This time, a 10 yard pass to WR Ryan Ross for the game winner.

"I couldn't be more proud of him," Coach Johnson said. "He's paid his dues. He's worked hard in the off season. He beat out the younger, more touted guys in camp, and he came out and showed everyone why he's the starter."

"It feels good," Bauserman said after the game. "But I'm nothing without the rest of my guys. The line protected me. My receivers got open, and what can I say about Jaamal and Jordan? Those guys kept the defense on its heels. They made it easy for me out there."

Player of the Game: QB Joe Bauserman, 17-25, 278 yards, 3 TD

The Bucks (3-0, 1-0) will face Colorado (2-0, 0-0) next week. Miami (1-1, 1-0) will look to rebound against Kansas State (2-0, 0-0).
Old 08-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Colorado upsets unfocused Buckeyes

Columbus, Ohio - The Ohio State football team looked like they were riding high from their big overtime win against Miami last week. Colorado brought them back down to Earth. Colorado won 45-31.

Colorado struck first, and second. A 31 yard bomb put the Buffalo up seven. After a three and out, Rodney Stewart ran the second snap of the possession for a 80 yard TD, breaking a school record for longest run in a game.

Stewart, who's from Westerville, OH, and went to Brookhaven, didn't stop there. The senior running back torched the Bucks for 259 yards and three touchdowns on 23 carries.

"It felt great," Stewart said with a big smile after the game. "To come home, to play in the Shoe - that alone would have been fantastic. A game like that, in front of my family - well, it was the greatest moment of my life."

The Bucks didn't recruit Stewart out of high school even though he played less than 20 minutes away. Coach Johnson wishes they had.

"What a runner. He's small, but he'll get by you. What a runner."

The Bucks struggled all game long to catch up. After going down 14-0, Joe Bauserman hit Chris Fields for a 20 yard score, and the Bucks went into halftime down a touchdown.

Colorado scored 10 more points before Jordan Hall returned a kickoff 96 yards for an electrifying touchdown. The turning point in the game came with 6:56 left in the fourth quarter. On the Bucks 23, Joe Bauserman was sacked and dropped a fumble. Colorado DE David Goldberg scooped it up and took it back for the score.

The teams traded a few more scores to end the game. Bauserman completed 13 of 25 passes for 198 yards and 2 TDs, but also threw an interception and lost that fumble that Goldberg took to the house.

Standout HB Jaamal Berry proved ineffectual after sustaining an injury in the first quarter. Berry had only 13 yards on 10 carries, but he did score a late touchdown. The coaching staff says he'll play next week.

Jordan Hall stepped up in Berry's place, taking 12 carries for 61 yards and tallying 244 all purpose yards plus the kickoff touchdown.

Player of the Game: Jordan Hall - 12 carries, 61 yards, 3 kick returns, 137 yards, TD, 2 punt returns, 29 yards, 2 receptions, 17 yards

The Bucks (3-1, 0-0) will look to bounce back in conference play against #9 Michigan State (4-0, 0-0). Colorado (3-0, 0-0) plays Washington State (1-2, 0-0) next week.

Notes: The Bucks fell 12 spots in the AP Top 25 after the loss, from #7 to #19. Ohio State fell 12 spots in the Coaches Poll as well, from #5 to #17. Colorado joined the Coaches Poll following their upset win. They sit at #25.

My BBCF Dynasty
:

Last edited by jdx66; 08-13-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Rookie

jdx66's Arena

Rivals.com Spotlight: Ohio State Recruiting

With just five scholarships to give because of NCAA bylaw violations, the Bucks are limited in their recruiting prospects. That hasn't kept the coaching staff from pursuing their share of top prospects, though.

There are some holes in the roster for next year. More specifically, Ohio State needs a C, a QB, a MLB, and 2 OLBs. Let's take a look at who the Buckeyes are recruiting and who they've already got commits from.

Recruiting

CB Adam Campbell - **** - Struthers, OH +
C Ricky Thomas - **** - Coldwater, MI +
T Leonard Grigsby - **** - New River Station, NC +
OLB Jason Gilbert - **** - Cambridge, OH +
FS Adam Ingraham - **** - Girard, OH +
OT Chris Robinson - **** - Pacifica, CA
P Michael Coleman - *** - Shaker Heights, OH
WR Kevin Kelly - *** - Austintown, OH
P Clifton Smith - *** - Toronto, Canada
OT Earvin Jordan - *** - Niles, OH
QB James Downing - *** - Ravenna, OH
K Paul Williams - *** - Riverside, CA
+ = scholarship offered

Soft Commits

None

Hard Commits

OT Isaac Humphrey - **** - Cutlerville, MI
Isaac is a large (6'5/280) pass blocking gap filler. He's got great speed, fantastic strength, and decent footwork. With many tackles on the depth chart, Humphrey may be forced to red shirt his first year.

P Matt Butler - *** - Oakwood, OH
Many have questioned why Coach Johnson would extend one of his five scholarships to a punter. We've got no answers here at Rivals.com, but the whole situation is even more interesting considering the position is not a need. Also, the Bucks have their eyes on two more punters, though they have not been offered scholarships.

My BBCF Dynasty
:

Last edited by jdx66; 08-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »