Home

NCAA 11: Bringing the Triple Option to LA (UCLA Bruins Dynasty)

This is a discussion on NCAA 11: Bringing the Triple Option to LA (UCLA Bruins Dynasty) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

OVR: 5
NCAA 11: Bringing the Triple Option to LA (UCLA Bruins Dynasty)

This summer I did my first ever dynasty thread with the New Mexico Lobos. I went about 3.5 years before school, girlfriend, work, etc... all got in the way and there just wasn't enough time in the day to do it all. But with Christmas break on the way, and the fact I finally have carved out some time late at night to get some NCAA again, I've decided to do another dynasty!

I wanted to challenge myself and do something different. I also wanted to start at a higher named school but not necessarily a powerhouse. Also I have never coached in the PAC-10 in this game so thus I will be leading the UCLA Bruins! I plan on running Georgia Tech's playbook and the 4-2-5 defense. I simulated the first season to get one recruiting class and to bypass the 2010 year. Unfortunately the Bruins went 2-10 so my job is already on the line and I lost a star of prestige. I did however real in a sweet recruiting class that I will go into further depth later. Anyway all that rambling is just to set the grounds for the my new dynasty!

Difficulty: All-American
Quarters: 8 minutes
Sliders: Custom
Rosters: Luvtotha90's

I will have game previews, recaps, around the league recaps, and I might even do an in depth preview and recap of each year's national title
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

Re: NCAA 11: Bringing the Triple Option to LA (UCLA Bruins Dynasty)

Career Coaching Stats
Overall Record: 6-0
Conference Record: 4-0
Record vs Top 25: 1-0
Record vs Rivals:
Home Record: 2-0
Away Record: 3-0
When Leading at the Half Record: 3-0
When Trailing at the Half Record: 2-0
When Ranked Record: 2-0
4th Qtr Comebacks: 1

Season Recaps
2011 -

Last edited by nredfoot; 12-13-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

2011 -

2011 -

2011 -

2011 -

2011 -
Old 12-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

ACC Champion
2011 -

Big East Champion
2011 -

Big 10 Champion
2011 -

Big 12 Champion
2011 -

C-USA Champion
2011 -

MAC Champion
2011 -

Mountain West Champion
2011 -

PAC-10 Champion
2011 -

SEC Champion
2011 -

Sun Belt Champion
2011 -

WAC Champion
2011 -

Old 12-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #5
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

Rick Neuheisel Out As UCLA Head Coach

Rick Neuheisel fired from his alma mater after posting a 15-22 record in his 3 years

Los Angeles, CA --
Three years ago Bruin faithful thought they had hired their savior. But three years later Rick Neuheisel is gone after going 15-22 in his three years at UCLA. The fire was nowhere near as surprising as who was announced as his replacement only hours afterwards. Coach Jay Woodson, a relatively unheard of high school football coach was tabbed as Neuheisel's replacement. UCLA AD stated that, "Coach Woodson brings a lot of youth and energy to the program. I know this won't be a popular hire but I ask for patience from the Bruin nation and let this young man bring us back into the elite."

Coach Woodson was a very successful high school coach in Texas, winning 6 straight state titles. But what has Bruin fans nervous is what offense he's bringing to LA. The triple option. "I'm old school," stated new UCLA head coach Jay Woodson, "I believe that well a run option attack is still the toughest offense to defend. With the right personnel, I believe we can really keep some of these PAC-10 defenses on their heels."

Coach Woodson did earn some praise as it was announced that he had convinced TCU defensive coordinator Dick Bumpas to leave his position there to join the Bruin staff. Bumpas is known for his shut down 4-2-5 defense. With all the spread attacks in the PAC-10, if Bumpas can get the right personnel the Bruins could become a very dominant defensive team. Overall the UCLA nation is left wondering what the future will bring. With such a new coach using such an old offense, it will be interesting to see what kind of success the young coach can have

Last edited by nredfoot; 12-06-2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Changed coach's name
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

A Sit Down With New Coach Woodson

Los Angeles, CA -
We got the honor to sit down and discuss Coach Woodson's plans for the UCLA football team. He described his offensive plans, defensive schemes, and his recruiting philosophy. Here's what the new coach had to say....

"Well I ran the triple option back in Texas, and you can see what success we had. I know it's not gonna be super popular with the fanbase right now but I hope after watching it in action the next few years, I can change some minds.

The biggest thing for us is to get the talent and personnel in, on both sides of the ball, to run what we wanna run. On offense it starts up front. Just like any other offense, if you don't block the other guy then you're going nowhere. We are gonna recruit big run blockers at the guard and center positions. I want kids who know how to fire off the ball and drive big DTs back. At the tackle spots, we will be looking for more balanced kids. Just because we are running out of the flexbone doesn't mean we won't throw the ball. I still plan on us throwing it around a bit to keep those safeties back a bit. Overall up front I want big kids that are strong, that can blow whoever is across from them off the line.

Besides the OL and the QB, the next most important position in our offense is the FB. This kid is gonna get hit every play most likely. They will probably also have the most carries. Here we want bigger guys that can take a pounding so look for us to go after not just true FB recruits but also power HBs. At the two wing backs (WB) we are looking for speed. These guys might not get the ball as much but when they get a pitch I want guys that can take off. Here we will be recruiting speed HBs and even converting some speed WR's. In a perfect world we would have one WB that can run in between the tackles some for any dive or misdirection plays, and another WB that's pure speed that we can use on sweeps and screens. Both WBs should be able to catch the ball and run.

Wide receiver is still gonna be important for us. We are looking for bigger kids on the outside that can block but when the ball is thrown to them will catch it. They won't put up the 1,000 yd seasons most likely but I expect our WRs to catch a good 40-50 passes a season. Now of course at the QB position we are looking for guys that can run, but even more important are guys that can make quick decisions. You have to decide quickly if you are gonna give it or keep it. And then you have to decide whether to pitch it or keep it. All of this takes split second decision ability along with awareness and the ability to read defenses. We also expect him to be able to complete passes when asked of him.

On the defensive side of the ball, up front we are recruiting just as you would for a 4-3 defense. We want 280+ kids at the DTs that can stuff the run and hold their gaps. On the outside we are looking for pass rushers that can cause havoc when rushing four. If we can get to the QB without blitzing, then we will be a tough D to handle.

The back 7 is where things get interesting. Our two LB's need to be bigger, fast and able to play zone coverage. These would typically be your MLBs in a 4-3. They have to be able to get off blocks and track the football down. Preferably these guys would be 215+ and can run.

Now at our Dog positions (SS/WS/OLB) things get interesting. These two positions are the most important and the hardest to recruit for. We are looking for guys with good speed, solid size, zone coverage abilities, and can handle covering TEs to WRs to tailbacks. They could be SS, hard hitting FS or coverage OLBs. This position will be the one we evaluate the heaviest coming into the season and through the season. If we get two kids that understand this position and have the tools to handle the responsibilities, then we can be downright nasty.

Finally the corners and robber (FS) positions. Just like any team, we are looking for lockdown corners. We will blitz a lot and that means we are gonna leave our guys on islands against some pretty darn good wideouts. They have to be able to get the job done. The robber position is where the fastest person on our defense will be. He's the last line of defense and will also have to cover a lot of ground and can tackle. If we have a speedy Robber and two solid Dogs then our defense can shut down these high powered west coast attacks. Overall it's about recruiting athletes that fit our system and developing them into elite football players."

Last edited by nredfoot; 12-06-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #7
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

Got some other stuff I need to do but my hope is to have all preseason stuff up along with the opening game preview by tomorrow night. Really excited about getting this dynasty rocking and rolling
Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
Pro

nredfoot's Arena

New UCLA Coach Makes Immediate Impact on Recruiting Trail

Los Angeles, CA -- Although he only had a few months, Coach Woodson reeled in one of the best recruiting classes in UCLA history. The class finished #4 in ESPN's top classes and boasts a plethora of 4 star talent. The Bruins were unable to get any highly sought 5 stars but to pull the kind of talent they did after a 2-10 season is a testament to this staff's recruiting prowess. Here's a look at the 2011 UCLA class.

1.) TE (#6) Paul Lumpkin **** 6’6” 265 lbs Fremont, CA
2.) C (#8) Yusef Anderson **** 6’2” 301 lbs Sun City, AZ
3.) DT (#12) Gene Allen **** 6’5” 247 lbs Montebello, CA
4.) WR (#14) Ben Taylor **** 6’1” 209 lbs Redondo, CA
5.) WR (#16) Joe Robinson **** 5’11” 170 lbs Union City, CA
6.) SS (#12) Michael Cooper **** 6’3” 195 lbs Glendora, CA
7.) HB (#19) Jim Miller **** 6’0” 210 lbs Placentia, CA
8.) WR(#21) Ben Nash **** 5’11” 187 lbs Union City, CA
9.) MLB (#21) Mark Wright **** 6’0” 257 lbs Ran Palos Verdes, CA
10.) T (#13) Terrence George **** 6’5” 303 lbs El Toro, CA
11.) MLB (#23) Courtney Houston **** 6’1” 204 lbs Mountlake Terrace, WA
12.) G (#12) Rodney Alexander **** 6’2” 324 lbs Thousand Oaks, CA
13.) G (#13) Jimmy Bradford **** 6’4” 275 lbs Lodi, CA
14.) DT (#22) Reggie Turner **** 6’2” 260 lbs San Leadro, CA
15.) G (#14) David Andrews **** 6’5” 290 lbs Clovis, CA
16.) DT (#58) Scott Hills *** 6’0” 298 lbs Victorville, CA
17.) OLB (#27) Mike Tyson *** 6’3” 243 lbs North Bend, OR
18.) SS (#51) David Anderson *** 6’1” 188 lbs Salinas, CA
19.) CB (#80) Andy Hayes *** JUCO (So) 5’10” 176 lbs San Marcos, CA
20.) FS (#48) Neal Parrish *** JUCO (Jr) 6’0” 178 lbs Santee, CA
21.) K (#8) Brad Bennett ** 6’0” 194 lbs Bridge City, TX
22.) FB (#6) Josh Brooks * 6’2” 247 lbs Torrance, CA

Expect some of this young talent to contribute early. Coach Woodson's staff is especially high on DL Gene Allen, JUCO CB Andy Hayes, and C Yusef Anderson. Allen is expected to move to DE with his size while Hayes could see time immediately at corner. Anderson has the potential to be an anchor on the Bruin line down the road.

Last edited by nredfoot; 12-06-2011 at 01:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »