Home

The Lions Den | JHB's Detroit Lions

This is a discussion on The Lions Den | JHB's Detroit Lions within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #521
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Lions Den | JHB's Detroit Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
I also read about some people who had the glitch in one season, then it disappeared the next and never resurfaced. That's the only reason I am hopeful that I could keep going.
Does it ever hit the CPU teams?

If it does go away and stay gone then at least you could spin it as the owner getting pissed and demanding a cleaning house thing...kinda...maybe.

Quote:
That is interesting. I had always assumed it was cap because what coach couldn't make Luck or RG3 work...
I know, right? But with the way the scheme system works, the players might not want to play there (interest is low). It is interesting that in my CCM, the Eagles went with Luck because of his mobility (they saw him as an uber version of Terrell Pryor [LOL]). Panthers took RG3 (and he went there) likely because of scheme (he's like Cam Newton...which they still have).

What is interesting is that the Redskins signed Russel Wilson...and it wasn't cheap either...but Wilson isn't as solid (ratings-wise in the game) as RG3. That, I haven't figured out unless maybe it's player typing, too. I know RG3 is "West Coast" (ha) in my CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #522
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Does it ever hit the CPU teams?
I don't know how to tell if it happened to a CPU team. Unless you assume it is the teams whose coaches retired. The coaches got glitched, were like "screw this", then bailed.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #523
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

Update

When the game forces me to lose my franchise quarterback and left tackle, all my expiring contracts and entire first draft class, I can't look past it. I truly hope none of you experience this glitch, but you should be aware of it.

Going from $10 million in cap room to $-1.3 billion overnight…yeah…no

Unloading everyone for the top draft picks feels cheesy. I can't let them go without compensation, either. If the glitch doesn't go away, I won't have enough money to even fill out my roster next season. On the other side, I can't play with the salary cap off. I can't. I can't physically do it.

A combination of this ridiculous yet classic EA bug and KB's comment have brought me to the decision of ending the franchise. I want to thank all the followers, vocal or silent, for checking it out. Sorry I couldn't bring home a Super Bowl. The game must have felt threatened by the team I assembled.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #524
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

When did you find out the glitch happened? Last update before you talked about the glitch was a game preview for week 3 or week 4. I'm in season 3 and I don't want to get hit with this...

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #525
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Going from $10 million in cap room to $-1.3 billion overnight…yeah…no
Yeah, the only 'team' that can run that kind of cap is the U.S. Government *rimshot*

Quote:
The game must have felt threatened by the team I assembled.
Yep - and you're on the cusp of the Maew...Rob Robonovich draft, too. CPU knew it was screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
When did you find out the glitch happened? Last update before you talked about the glitch was a game preview for week 3 or week 4. I'm in season 3 and I don't want to get hit with this...
Yeah - it's a little scary that it happened DURING the season.

No consistent (known) triggers either.

I'd consider backing up my franchises to USB, but who knows if that would even matter. Might have saved whatever trigger already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #526
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

JHB,

Don't disappear on us though. KB and I value your input and comments. Keep visiting us often and then in August we'll go to war again. I heard a little rumor that with next gen consoles that they may figure out how to talk to each other online and we can do a little xbox720/ps4 league together on Madden 15.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #527
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

Quote:
It happened when I advanced from Week 2 to Week 3. It was when the first slew of players wanted to negotiate contract extensions. There were no signs of anything being wrong in the preseason or first two weeks. There was no warning, no nothing. It just…happened. The game was like - BAM - negative $1 billion dollars.

I wish I could give you advice on how I triggered it, but I have no idea. I never delegate anything to the CPU. I control every single detail when it comes to my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah - it's a little scary that it happened DURING the season.

No consistent (known) triggers either.

I'd consider backing up my franchises to USB, but who knows if that would even matter. Might have saved whatever trigger already
I didn't think about backing it up. My guess is that once I crossed into the new season (from the offseason) or into the regular season (from preseason), it was triggered. It just didn't show up until I needed to negotiate. This is only speculation, though.

Quote:
JHB,

Don't disappear on us though. KB and I value your input and comments. Keep visiting us often and then in August we'll go to war again. I heard a little rumor that with next gen consoles that they may figure out how to talk to each other online and we can do a little xbox720/ps4 league together on Madden 15.
Haha, I'm not going anywhere. I'll continue littering your thread with my Sapozink campaign, like I did to KB with Taiwan
Old 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #528
Pro

Balrog's Arena

OVR: 14

Well this sucks ***, your thread was my favorite!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »