Home

Bryan Beastlick - The Hawkeyes Freshman Phenom tries to continue his success

This is a discussion on Bryan Beastlick - The Hawkeyes Freshman Phenom tries to continue his success within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

OVR: 0
Bryan Beastlick - The Hawkeyes Freshman Phenom tries to continue his success

Backstory

High School - After leading my high school to a "Perfect" season, which culminated with our team hoisting the Iowa State Championship trophy over our heads. I had the best teams in the country recruiting me (Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oregon) I chose to stay with that I had grown up watching. The Iowa Hawkeyes!

Freshman Year - I was third on the depth chart despite being the #1 QB recruit, but I took my lumps and soon after I had my chance. Hard work and some unsatisfactory work from the starting QB against our rival Iowa State I was put in to shake things up...I took the start and never looked back. Took the team to a 9-1 record as a starter, losing to Ohio State in The Horseshoe, which is a tough task for any freshman starter. However I got my revenge against Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship coming from behind to win 42-39 with :10 left in the game. I capped off the year with a Rose Bowl win over #2 Louisville. I was on top of the world, Big Man on Campus.

We join the story during Bryan's Sophomore year after the Ball State game a narrow win 27-18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

Re: Bryan Beastlick - The Hawkeyes Freshman Phenom tries to continue his success

*I was just leaving the locker room when all of a sudden reporters swarm on me. Sure we won, but it wasn't my best effort.*

Reporter #1: Bryan do you think that you did enough to impress Heisman voters to keep you in the race?

Me: I don't really know, I mean at the end of the day all that stuff doesn't matter, all we really want is to bring a National Championship back to Iowa City.

Reporter #2: Do you feel any pressure to put the team on your back today? You ran for 184 yards and threw for 307 yards.

Me: I never feel like I have to do anything myself, this is a team and I know I can depend on them. Even when I make mistakes, like the 3 interceptions I threw today.

*The truth was I underestimated Ball State and found myself in a pickle real quick even letting them have the lead for awhile*

Reporter #3: You took a nasty shot to the ribs at the end of the 1st quarter that really hindered your mobility for a couple series, is it still bothering you?

Me: Not right now, but I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow, I mean I didn't feel it in the game, it's something you gotta shake off and just go out there and help your team win. I mean I broke off a 38 yard touchdown run in the 3rd, so obviously it wasn't as bad as everyone thought.

*I continued walking toward the door*

Me: No more questions please

*My phone vibrated in my pocket as I looked down. 12 different messages, from 5 different girls. Life was good as big man on campus.*
Old 11-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

Re: Bryan Beastlick - The Hawkeyes Freshman Phenom tries to continue his success

Iowa State Cyclones at Iowa Hawkeyes
Sep 13, 20201ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Iowa State Cyclones (1-0)14700
#7 Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0)71016
Iowa State Cyclones
Iowa Hawkeyes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Beastlick13/2422600
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Beastlick12907.51

Last edited by iowa91camarors; 11-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

*I sat alone in the film room, this started the bye week, watching my failure as a QB unravel in front of me. Not only had I missed several wide open receivers, it was all me. I could have put this game away early had I been in the film room, like I was last year. Instead I was out partying with the college elites, everyone knew my name and wanted to hang out with the cardiac kid, a named I received in the Big Ten Championship after beating Ohio State with 10 seconds left. No one knew me then I was just "Our starting QB". Now I was THE Quarterback. All Big Ten Second Team, Heisman Watch list. Not to sound cocky but kids idolized me, men wanted to be me and girls wanted to be with me. My phone vibrated, it had in fact done this several times while watching film*

*I turned the phone off. I needed to focus. I had two weeks to prepare for Pitt and I needed to make a statement to the Hawk Nation. No more of the mediocrity I was who Kirk Ferentz recruited. I popped in Pitt's last game and began to watch.*
Old 11-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

Iowa Hawkeyes at Pittsburgh Panthers
Sep 27, 20201ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#6 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0)141471449
Pittsburgh Panthers (0-3)0371424
Iowa Hawkeyes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Beastlick26/3442741
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Beastlick161589.82
Pittsburgh Panthers

Last edited by iowa91camarors; 11-26-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

"Boooooooo!!!!!"

*I could hear the crowd scream as I ran into the lockerroom, it felt good to be hated for a good reason. I started walking as we got to the lockerroom, I stood up on a bench as the team piled in. I started singing the song that they play after every home win*

"IN HEAVEN THERE IS NO BEER"

*My teammates joined in with me*

"THAT'S WHY WE DRINK IT HERE! RIGHT HERE!
WHEN WE'RE GONE FROM HERE,
ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WILL BE DRINKING ALL OUR BEER! HEY!"

*Coach Ferentz walked into the locker room, a big smile on his face a game ball in his hand*

Ferentz: GO HAWKS!

*The team roared back*

"GO HAWKS!"

Ferentz: I think we all know who this game ball goes too

"BEASTLICK!"

*an unidentifiable teammate yelled out*

Ferentz: Come up here son you deserve it!

*I walked up and received the game ball from coach*
Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Rookie

iowa91camarors's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »