Home

L&N STEM Academy Football CAP Thread

This is a discussion on L&N STEM Academy Football CAP Thread within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
Rookie

harleyhorse8's Arena

OVR: 1

Hello everyone!

I've always liked storyline dynasties, and now I will attempt to carry on the tradition of great football series on OS by writing my own, about the high school I actually go to: the L&N STEM Academy in Knoxville, TN.

It will follow the coaching career of coach Steve Thurman as he attempts to turn the quintessential "nerd school" into the best high school football team in the state of Tennessee.

I'll be running this series on NCAA Football 14 and will put the team on Teambuilder in case you want to download it.

Now, on to the subject of this thread. This will be for you guys to create your own players to put in my series. Currently, there will be two teams at STEM: JV and Varsity. STEM is a small school so a few freshmen will probably be dual-rostered and quite a few will play offense and defense.

Coach Thurman runs a spread-option style offense and a 3-4 defense, just to give you an idea of what the style will be like so you can make your players to fit. (Or not, if you want a challenge.)

Positions (On left is CAPs/max # on varsity, right is the same thing on JV)
QB (2/2) (0/2)
RB (0/3) (0/3)
FB (0/1) (0/1)
WR (1/5) (1/5)
TE (0/2) (0/2)
OL (0/7) (0/7)
DE (0/4) (0/4)
DT (0/3) (0/3)
OLB (0/3) (0/3)
MLB (1/4) (1/4)
CB (0/3) (0/3)
S (0/3) (0/3)
K (0/1) (0/1)
P (0/1) (0/1)

Template:

First Name:
Last Name:
Skin Tone (light, medium, dark):
Number (list first three choices):
Position (multiple pos. are ok):
Year (FR, SO, JR, SR):
GPA:
Team (Varsity, JV):
Height (Current, then height as a senior):
Weight (Current, then weight as a senior):
Play Style (Describe how your CAP plays, both strengths and weaknesses):
Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have):
Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.):

This dynasty will run in the same universe as the Braeden Griffin dynasty and the defunct Belltown dynasty. If you have created a character in one of those, please don't create another with the same name. Also, please be realistic with your character, and don't use someone else's.

Have fun creating your CAPs, and #GryphonPride!

Last edited by harleyhorse8; 08-20-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: L&N STEM Academy Football CAP Thread

First Name: Josh
Last Name: Baranek
Number (list first three choices): 59, 58, 57
Position (multiple pos. are ok): LB/DE FB/TE
Year (FR, SO, JR, SR): FR
GPA: 3.9
Team (Varsity, JV): Both
Height (Current, then height as a senior): 6'1—6'4
Weight (Current, then weight as a senior): 200—220 lbs.
Play Style (Describe how your CAP plays, both strengths and weaknesses): Very hard-hitting linebacker and fullback, but Baranek is very versatile and can play most positions on both side of the ball. He is physically talented, but what sets him apart is his incredible vision and awareness.
Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have): Dark Visor
Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.): Baranek is the son of parents who fought in the Gulf War, and as a result is very disciplined and doesn't make many mistakes. He's a team leader first and foremost, a bit quiet, but he steps up when necessary. Very powerful presence; when he walks into a room or says something, you stop and listen.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 08-19-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #3
Rookie

harleyhorse8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJones113
First Name: Joe

Last Name: Yeboah

Number (list first three choices): 98, 97, 99

Position (multiple pos. are ok): DT/DE/LB TE/FB

Year (FR, SO, JR, SR): FR

GPA: 3.2

Team (Varsity, JV): Both

Height (Current, then height as a senior): 6'4—6'7

Weight (Current, then weight as a senior): 200—240 lbs.

Play Style (Describe how your CAP plays, both strengths and weaknesses): Extremely talented though he is new to the game, freakish athleticism. Plays anywhere in the front seven, can play running back but likes TE and FB better. Fast runner, hard hitter, high jumper.

Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have): Dark Visor

Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.): Born and raised in Cameroon, Yeboah loves practical jokes but he is also very quiet. He isn't much of a leader but he gets inspired often and can make teammates feel better. He has incredible stamina from playing long games of soccer.

Not to criticize too much, but could you change the name and a little bit of the bio around? Because that's basically the same guy you created for the Santa Cruz dynasty. Maybe if you could have his story tie in with the Santa Cruz one it would be interesting imo.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhorse8
Not to criticize too much, but could you change the name and a little bit of the bio around? Because that's basically the same guy you created for the Santa Cruz dynasty. Maybe if you could have his story tie in with the Santa Cruz one it would be interesting imo.
Lol yeah sorry I forgot which one I had in Braeden's. I'll edit the original post.

Done that.

Last edited by AdamJones113; 08-19-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

First Name: Casey
Last Name: Ellard
Number (list first three choices): 10, 7, 4
Position (multiple pos. are ok): QB
Year (FR, SO, JR, SR): JR
GPA: 3.0
Team (Varsity, JV): Varsity
Height (Current, then height as a senior): 6'0"
Weight (Current, then weight as a senior): 180 (190)
Play Style (Describe how your CAP plays, both strengths and weaknesses): Scrambler. The prototypical option QB, Casey has a pretty good arm and is decently accurate, but on the ground is where he does most of his damage. He can absolutely fly and is extremely quick. He does, however struggle to learn plays offensively and isn't the greatest leader. Game situations are difficult for him to recognize and he has to work extremely hard to do so.
Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have): N/A
Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.): Casey is an extremely hard worker, who has had to do so his entire life. He isn't the greatest student in the classroom and has to work very hard to keep his grades up. His struggles on the field are similar, yet slightly different. He simply doesn't understand the game as well as most, but is working very hard to fix that. He hopes to start as the Varsity QB as a junior, but certainly is expecting an up-hill climb once he gets there.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #6
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0

+1 if anyone gets my reference for this CAP.

First Name: Jesse
Last Name: Cochran
Skin Tone (light, medium, dark): Light
Number (list first three choices): 1, 11, 89
Position (multiple pos. are ok): WR, K (if necessary)
Year (FR, SO, JR, SR): SR
GPA: 2.2
Team (Varsity, JV): Varsity
Height (Current, then height as a senior): 5'7
Weight (Current, then weight as a senior): 150
Play Style (Describe how your CAP plays, both strengths and weaknesses): Good hands, runs solid routes. Struggles with speed and agility, isn't very strong.
Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have): Doesn't matter.
Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.):

Jesse lived in California until his brother-in-law got a sportscaster job in Knoxville, moving with a family friend to help take care of his brother-in-law's 3 daughters. Jesse is obsessed with looking good at all times, and intends to be a romancer. Loves playing music, hopes to get his childhood band back playing one day. Not always the smartest guy, gets in trouble and goofs off in class, as reflected by his 2.2 GPA. Overall a good guy, has a heart of gold around his family. Never amounted to much as a football player though.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #7
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

First Name: Devonte
Last Name: Brown
Skin Tone (light, medium, dark): Dark
Number (list first three choices): 88, 80, 24
Position (multiple pos. are ok): WR/CB
Year (FR, SO, JR, SR): SO
GPA: 3.1
Team (Varsity, JV): JV
Height (Current, then height as a senior): 6'1 --> 6'5"
Weight (Current, then weight as a senior): 195 --> 220
Play Style (Describe how your CAP plays, both strengths and weaknesses):

As a WR:

Elite receivers don’t grow on trees but Brown has that potential. At 6’4” 220lbs (senior measurements), he has the size to shield off a smaller CB but still possesses enough burst and quickness to make life miserable for any safety. What makes him dangerous is his athleticism. He is a very fluid athlete with excellent body control, the ability to out leap most defenders for the ball and enough open field ability to break tackles and produce long runs. Brown has shown the ability to be dominant as a blocker but must be more consistent in this area. He certainly has all the makings of a D1 receiver, but will his effort, play-to-play consistency and concentration match his physical skills?

Brown does not step on the field as a perfect receiver though . His route running can be inconsistent and he is guilty of rounding off routes. Overall, he can run the full gauntlet and do them very well, but he will get a bit lazy at times. Despite his ability to go up and get the ball in traffic and make tough catches over the middle, he will bobble the ball when he hears footsteps, double catching and allowing the ball into his chest. He does not always play with the physicality he is capable of and won’t always dominate his opponent blocking like he does often.

As a CB:

A big, versatile defensive back, Brown impresses evaluators with a blend of physical gifts and intangibles.

His size plays a major role in these physical gifts. At 6'4", there isn't a receiver who Brown can't match up with. If his man happens to shake him on, for example a curl route, Brown has excellent closing speed that will get him on the receiver within seconds. Brown's instincts and capability to hold his own, whether it be man or zone, is very impressive considering that he started working at the CB position a few years ago.

Now, the biggest problem with Brown is that he misses too many open field tackles. Instead of watching where the receiver moves, he's accustomed to being very aggressive and dropping his head and lunging. And like stated in his receiver report, Brown's hands are very suspect so you shouldn't expect too many interceptions from the kid.

Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have): No preference

Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.): One of the top ranked ATH in the country (by senior year), unlimited potential, but does things like party and drink to ruin his chance at the NFL. Cares about scouts more than winning, diva-esque, misses practices etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #8
Rookie

natevan22's Arena

OVR: 0

First Name: Devon
Last Name: ramsey
Skin Tone (light, medium, dark): Dark
Number (list first three choices): 1,11,10
Position (multiple pos. are ok): qb.ss
Year (FR, SO, JR, SR): jr
GPA: 3.7
Team (Varsity, JV): varsity
Height (Current, then height as a senior): 6-4--> 6'4
Weight (Current, then weight as a senior): 200--> 215
Play Style:
As a quarterback: Devon is second highest rated dual threat qb on rise. Runs a sub 4,4 40 and has been to train with the qb guru George Whitfield jr for two months. Just transferred to the school because his father had to move for a job. He can really make most throws on the field and really can run the spread attack has he has been in it since sixth grade. Hopes to play in the sec and is very cocky but really backs up the talking on the football field. Really learns plays quick and understanding of the defense is unreal how quick he sees what the d is trying to do.

As a strong safety. Really doesn't like d because he knows he will be a qb in college but does love to hit. And his speed makes him a monster in the back end. As defense can cb blitz a lot as he is able to defend any one. His height is also a huge advantage to him.

Equipment (anything other than the generic equipment you want your player to have):dark nike visor. Qb wrist band right hand. Towel, low cut nike shoes.

Biography (Just a little backstory on your player so I can write them into my storylines, kind of like the Braeden Griffin dynasty. How was your player brought up? What is his personality like? What does he like to do?, etc.): he is a top five dual threat qb already so he is cocky but loves the game and wants to be the best. He wants his team to go far so he does push for perfection at times. Dad WAS a stud in college so wants to follow in his foot steps. Scared about being on a new team but will let his skill show that he is the real deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »