Home

Who Let a Fan Takeover? Madden 15

This is a discussion on Who Let a Fan Takeover? Madden 15 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #9
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Who Let a Fan Takeover? Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Intrigued by this one. Of course, the quality of your work will determine if I follow fully, but I'll pop in and out.

But the main reason I'm commenting is to say thank you for completing the AFC East 4-peat. What that means is all 4 members of the AFC East are being controlled in dynasties over here this fall (Patriots - me, Jets - M2H, Bills - DoubleRussia). Was really hoping we could do it haha.

I didn't realize that myself. That's cool!
Still working with how I want to do the layout. Just looking at how I want to go about things with settings, sliders and other stuff. I'm gonna spend all day tomorrow doing it. Then once I have all that down I'll work on a layout I like and should have this rolling come Wednesday.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:57 AM   #10
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Pre-season Preview
This Pre-season the Dolphins will spend their first two games on the road facing the Atlanta Falcons and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Then return home for Week 3 and 4 to face the Dallas Cowboys and the St Louis Rams.

This Pre-season the fans will get to see a handful of things:
  • Dion Jordan playing before he serves his suspension.
  • The running back battle between Knowshon Moreno, Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas.
  • Who will snap the ball to Ryan Tannehill to start the season.
  • Whether the Dolphins will choose to relocate or rebuild. Or will they wait out another year?
  • Who will be backing up Ryan Tannehill to start the season?

Players will be cut this Preseason that thought they were safe, players who were expected to be cut will be kept.

The Dolphins can't keep falling short of the playoffs every year. We have the faith in Joe Philbin to coach the team to a playoff berth, but if something doesn't happen in a year or two you can expect some changes to be made.

Each game this Pre-season will consist of a preview of what the Dolphins are expecting from certain guys, players on the hot seat which will be followed by game recaps and the box score of standout guys.

First round of cuts along with big news expected sometime tomorrow. Stay Tuned.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #11
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Howard announces that the Miami Dolphins will stay put for this year. He has chosen not to build a new stadium or relocate yet. He released the following today:

"I am happy to announce that the board and I have determined that we will play out this year here in Miami. But, if the team fails to sell 85% of its tickets for the year then we will choose to move away. If we reach the goal of 85% then we will rebuild here in Miami."

The Preseason begins..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #12
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Pre-Season Week 1

Peter Schrager: "Having been a fan of this team your entire life, there's some concern that you might be too emotional or too involved to let your football people do their jobs. How do you respond?"

Jon Howard: "I would say this is my franchise so I'll run it how I want. I've watched this team my whole life, so I'll know best what we need."

Merchandise Prices = +10% Per Super Bowl Win, -15% For Not Winning Super Bowl.

It is being rumored that the Dolphins have been given offers from multiple teams for RE Olivier Vernon. The offers including 3rd round picks from 5 different teams, player for player deal from two teams and also offered was a player and pick deal. No deal has been agreed upon but the Dolphins have been listening.

Vernon lead the team in sacks last year with 11.5.

Week 1 Cuts/Signings

Marcus Thigpen the teams starting kick returner has been cut after showing no sign of improvement throughout training camp. "We have too much talent, players either need to be getting better or be giving us outstanding seasons. Sadly, Thigpen is not." - Howard

The Dolphins have cut 35 year old TE John Denney.

With more CB's on the roster than needed the team has informed rookie Walt Aikens that he is being released. While he showed potential in training camp the team just doesn't have a spot they can give to him on the team.

The Dolphins have signed on QB Brady Quinn who will battle for the backup job against Matt Moore and Pat Devlin. Along with the signing of C Sampson Satele who is expected to start in place for the injured Mike Pouncey.

Miami vs Atlanta

The Miami Dolphins open their Preseason on the road facing the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons are coming off a very disappointing season and look to have a better year than last. From the Dolphins today expected to play will be all 4 QB's and up to 3rd string of each position will get reps in the game.

Week 1 Game to follow in a bit.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #13
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Devlin Clutch; Dolphins 10 Falcons 3

Ryan Tannehill started the game and only got in two possessions. He completed 4 of 7 passes for 39 yards. He looked good. What I like best is that we didn't allow him to be sacked once.

Matt Moore followed Tannehill. Moore played the whole 2nd quarter and half of the third. He completed 3 of 8 passes for 46 yards but threw 2 INT's. Moore was followed up by Brady Quinn who while accurate (3-4) only had 27 yards and threw an INT himself.

For our RB's Lamar Miller started the game, he would play the first quarter and he carried the ball 7 times for a total of 49 yards. Daniel Thomas his counterpart carried the ball 12 times for 71 yards. Knowshon Moreno only got 1 carry on the game for 13 yards.

Standout WR on the day is rookie Jarvis Landry who got 5 passes for 55 yards and a Touchdown.
In a game that spent the first half going back and forth on four and outs and turnovers, things finally turned around in the 2nd half. Midway through the third quarter the Falcons were able to cap off a 30 yard drive with a 43 YD FG. The Dolphins who were having a rough time putting points on the board were running out of time. With about 6:30 left in the game, Pat Devlin entered. Devlin's drive started on the Dolphins own 30. He would complete two passes before a 3 and out. The following drive Devlin would go 6-6 leading the team down field and capping it off with a 5 YD TD pass to rookie WR Jarvis Landry. The Dolphins would come out next possession sacking Falcons 3rd String QB Dominique Davis back to back plays, the Falcons wouldn't convert third down. The Dolphins had the ball within the Falcons 30, three straight runs by Mike Gillislee would lead to a Caleb Sturgis FG to give a 10-3 lead.

This wasn't our best game but it is easily something we can build from. 2nd week of Preseason will begin here soon.

Miami Dolphins at Atlanta Falcons
Aug 8, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Miami Dolphins (0-0)0001010
Atlanta Falcons (0-0)00303
Scoring Summary
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGMIAATL
4:32(ATL) Matt Bryant 43 YD FG03
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGMIAATL
1:31(MIA) P. Devlin 5 YD TD to J. Landry (XP Good)73
0:44(MIA) C. Sturgis 20 YD FG103
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Pat Devlin8/117410
Matt Moore3/84602
Brady Quinn3/42701
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Daniel Thomas12715.90
Lamar Miller 7497.00
Mike Gillislee4174.20
Knowshon Moreno 11313.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Jarvis Landry5 5511.01
Dion Sims4 338.20
Arthur Lynch 2 3517.50
Daniel Thomas22010.00
Brian Hartline22512.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Jason Trusnik10000
Jason Kovacs8000
Earl Mitchell8200
Jared Odrick7100
Jordan Tripp4100
Terrence Fede3100
Jimmy Wilson3010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Caleb Sturgis1/31/1421
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Brandon Fields14343.0
Atlanta Falcons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Matt Ryan2/21200
Sean Renfree6/115000
Dominique Davis6/115400
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jacquizz Rodgers8313.80
Stephen Jackson372.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Jacquizz Rodgers4 153.70
Darius Johnson3 4113.60
Devin Hester324 8.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Joe Lefeged12000
Paul Worrilow9000
Roberto Alford5010
Kemal Ishmael5010
Joplo Bartu3010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Matt Bryant1/10/0344
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Matt Bosher4 15137.7

(Just trying to get through preseason, will get more in depth with things as the regular season rolls around.)
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

Dolphins Send Two Packing

The Dolphins have announced they have parted ways with WR Kevin Cone and WR Stephen Williams.
Kevin Cone was an undrafted free agent who got signed by the Falcons where he played 3 seasons. While he showed signs of being good we are just too deep and young here with players we want to grow. Miami has freed up $570K after cutting Cone.
Stephen Williams was also an undrafted free agent who started his career with the Arizona Cardinals (2010-2012). From there he went to Seattle where he spent a year and then to Jacksonville. He came to Miami looking for a long term home but we were not able to keep him on. With this cut, Miami has freed up $570K.

Jon Howard Interview

Schrager: "You still have about 11 cuts left to be made. Who is on the hot seat?"

Howard: "We have a large amount of WR so expect us to cut 2-3 more. With 4 RB's on the roster we may send one packing, along with one of our 4 TE's. We have some struggling players on our defense so look out for guys there to be cut if they can't pick it up."

Schrager: "Thank you for giving us some insight on what to expect. Best of luck these last two weeks."
Old 08-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #15
Rookie

JTolarchyk10's Arena

PreSeason Recap

The Preseason has come to a close in Miami. The team finished off with a 2-2 record. The Dolphins won their first game against the Atlanta Falcons, followed that by a loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27-10. Facing the Dallas Cowboys the next week the Dolphins kicked a game-winning field goal to beat the Cowboys 16-15. In the final week of Preseason they lost to the St Louis Rams 31-25.

The star this past Preseason for the offensive group would be Jarvis Landry. Landry played in all four games and caught a total of 23 passes for 327 yards and 4 TDs. Defensively, Dion Jordan was the standout performer. He led the team in tackles (31) and sacks (5) playing in 4 games.

In the last three weeks of the Preseason the Dolphins cut ties with 13 players. Those being..
WR Kevin Cone
WR Stephen Williams
WR Armon Binns
WR Ryan Spadola
TE Michael Egnew
DT AJ Francis
SS Michael Thomas
WR Damian Williams
QB Brady Quinn
LE Derrick Shelby
DT Anthony Johnson
CB Jalil Brown
FS Don Jones

The standout from the group above is QB Brady Quinn, Quinn was predicted to come in and take over the 2nd string spot. Unfortunately he didn't play up to the Dolphins standards and therefore was cut in the final week of the Preseason. Quinn threw 2 TD passes and 5 INT's in 3 games.

Statement from Jon Howard with his thoughts from PreSeason..

"I am happy with how this PreSeason went. We came together as a team, we went 2-2. I am proud of the growth of the rookies. Jarvis Landry is looking like he is going to be a force in this league. We had to cut ties with some players that we felt could have been on this team, but with only 53 people allowed on the roster we had to do so.

Ryan Tannehill played well this season and I am ready to see him lead us into the Regular Season. We open up against the New England Patriots. Tannehill looks to lead us to a good start on the year. Tom Brady is Tom Brady and we will do our best to stop him.

Along with Tannehill this past PreSeason, RB's Knowshon Moreno and Lamar Miller looked great. We are going to give the nod to Lamar Miller as we start the season but expect both to be used a ton. Daniel Thomas will take the role as our 3rd down back."

Trades

*Miami has traded Olivier Vernon and their 5th round draft pick to the Green Bay for their 3rd round pick and a 2016 2nd round pick.

*Miami has traded Matt Moore and their 2nd round pick to the Tennessee Titans for their 2nd round pick.

After the trades Jon Howard released a statement.

"This PreSeason we decided to part ways with two players. Olivier Vernon who has been on the trade block since the beginning of Training Camp was sent to Green Bay. We have been informed that he will have a chance to start for the Packers. In return they have sent us this years 3rd round pick and next years 2nd round pick. While that is nothing that benefits us this season we are only looking ahead. With that statement being said, we have sent Matt Moore and this years 2nd round pick to the Tennessee Titans who are in need of a quarterback themselves for their 2nd round pick.

With Moore being sent to the Titans that leaves us with two quarterbacks on the roster. While some would question this we believe that Tannehill will stay healthy throughout this year. Some would say we lost the trade to the Titans but in the end we will be the ones benefiting the most from this.

Right now we are in talks with Tight End Fred Davis and C-G Kyle Cook. We need some help on our line and we also plan on running a 2 TE set this season. More will be released later as things continue with our talks."

Up Next:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #16
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

As a Dolphins fan I'm a bit butthurt about the Vernon trade, but I'll be following.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »