Home

Bringing Detroit a Dynasty, A Madden 15 CCM (PS$)

This is a discussion on Bringing Detroit a Dynasty, A Madden 15 CCM (PS$) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Bringing Detroit a Dynasty, A Madden 15 CCM (PS$)

Who can replace Stafford?

Well, things are starting to get darker and darker for Detroit fans. Matthew Stafford suffered a broken collerbone in the Week #2 matchup vs the Carolina Panthers on a scramble play. But, that doesn't mean the season simply ends there, someone else is going to have to step up and that man may be able to be Connor Shaw. A 22-year old rookie who was suppose to be tutored a bit under the training of the coaching staff. Instead, he may be thrusted to the wolves in just his 3rd regular season game.

There are other options though. There are various QBs in free agency such as Josh Freeman, Derek Anderson, and Brady Quinn. Are any of those guys the answer or at the very least can hold down the fort for the next 8 weeks? Not likely, perhaps the Lions can turn to the trading market in search of someone such as a Matt Moore from the Miami Dolphins. But at what cost is that going to take? It's a very fine line between still trying to be competitive without your star quarterback and just saying this season is a loss and building for next year.

There are of course also starting to be some doubts about Stafford's future. He's making big pay day money right now, and he struggled for the most part the first 2 games, throwing a combined 4 interceptions. With all these injuries as of late, it's starting to make people wonder if the Lions should draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round not as a replacement, but merely as an emergency card for the team. With issues in the secondary and aging RBs though that may be considered a waste of a pick. What'll happen? We're not quite sure, so stay tuned.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!

Last edited by Number999; 08-28-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #26
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

Well.... Uh... There's always next season right? Lol.

On a serious note I'm interested if you will try to get a QB using extra draft picks you got.. Will be interesting.. Hopefully you can prove its a team game and not a one man show 👍
Old 08-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
MVP

Number999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Well.... Uh... There's always next season right? Lol.

On a serious note I'm interested if you will try to get a QB using extra draft picks you got.. Will be interesting.. Hopefully you can prove its a team game and not a one man show 👍
He's been injured 3 games in a row so I was like "sooner or later something bad's gonna happen. Sure enough, boom Kuechly sends him to the bench, hah. With how injury prone he's been I may consider it, I'm gonna still try to salvage this year though since we do have insane offensive weapons.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Old 08-28-2014, 05:45 PM   #28
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
He's been injured 3 games in a row so I was like "sooner or later something bad's gonna happen. Sure enough, boom Kuechly sends him to the bench, hah. With how injury prone he's been I may consider it, I'm gonna still try to salvage this year though since we do have insane offensive weapons.
Yeah. With Ebron, Megatron, Tate and others plus a solid running game with Bush, any QB can put up at least okay numbers.. If you can string in a few wins here and there then get some wins when Stafford is back, playoffs isn't to far off..
Old 08-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #29
MVP

Number999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry
Yeah. With Ebron, Megatron, Tate and others plus a solid running game with Bush, any QB can put up at least okay numbers.. If you can string in a few wins here and there then get some wins when Stafford is back, playoffs isn't to far off..
No doubt, also I feel like I really found a little gem in Harry Douglas. The dudes only 71 overall in game I believe, but he's really been an amazing #3 option for me and an awesome return man. Any guys you've felt like you've seen like that?
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Old 08-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #30
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
No doubt, also I feel like I really found a little gem in Harry Douglas. The dudes only 71 overall in game I believe, but he's really been an amazing #3 option for me and an awesome return man. Any guys you've felt like you've seen like that?
Ace Sanders has been solid.. Only 70 OVR but has been returning well and was a beast in preseason... This 64 OVR cornerback is like Richard Sherman x10 so far.. I know I had a bunch in M13 when I used the Raiders and such.

Douglas is pretty solid. 1000 yards last year.. Has solid stats. Will Blackmon also has been pretty good for me this year and even past years.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #31
MVP

Number999's Arena

Lions announce signing of Derek Anderson

It shouldn't come as much of a surprise to many, but the Detroit Lions are attempting to salvage a season that hasn't gotten off to the best start. They're 0-2, about to face the 0-2 Green Bay Packers, and have lost their star quarterback Matthew Stafford for the next 8 weeks.

Thus, they felt it was necessary instead of going with the youngster Connor Shaw, to sign Derek Anderson. A former Pro-Bowler over 7 years ago in the 2007 season, Anderson will try to re-kindle some of the magic he had in Cleveland to attempt to hold the fort in Detroit.

With the signing of Derek Anderson, the Detroit Lions released LG Rodney Austin.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #32
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Rough start to the season so far. Disappointed that you cut Kellen Moore and Ryan Broyles, but looks like you at least have solid replacements in the WR department.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »