Home

Cincinnati Bengals: We Don't Choke-- You Do

This is a discussion on Cincinnati Bengals: We Don't Choke-- You Do within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #17
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Cincinnati Bengals: We Don't Choke-- You Do

Dalton(left) throws a 4 yard pass to Green(right)

Bernard Carries Bengals to Victory
Bengals move to 3-0

CINCINNATI, OHIO -- In every city, it was the best day of the week. NFL sunday. There are only 21 NFL sunday's, and each one is precious. In week 3, the 2-0 Bengals faced off against the 2-0 Titans. The Titans proved their worth against the likes of the Chiefs and Cowboys, while the Bengals beat teams like the Falcons and Ravens. "We need to get our run game going like last game. It will be a big key for us."

That same run game would get started early, as the Bengals got the ball first. The first play of the game would be a 15 yard pass over the middle to Marvin Jones. After a pass was deflected by a linemen, Dalton got the go ahead to hand it off to Bernard. That decision wouldn't be regretted. 7 rushes for 27 yards as well as a TD, combined with some Dalton throws and a 13 yard run by Hill would lead the touchdown drive.

The Bengals offense was good, but the defense was not. An injury to Rey Maualuga didn't help, as Shone Greene dominated the offense, getting a TD on a 12 yard run with a nice spin.

After a field goal by the Bengals, the Titans hoped to take the lead. But on a short pass that is known as a 'cornerback favorite' was intercepted by Jones and returned all the way to the end zone! Touchdown! 17-7 Bengals.

After going down on a stunning play, the Titans marched upfield. But terrible play calling and a huge Atkins sack held them to a 47 yard field goal. The Bengals proceeded to march down field, and get a FG with 40 seconds left on the clock to make it 20-10.

Green catches 15 yard pass

In the 3rd, the Bengals got the ball and marched to the 5. Dalton had 3 shots at the 5 -- and threw every time. They ended up with a field goal, as jones dropped a pass and the other two were incomplete. A 3 and out gave the Bengals the ball. But Dalton turned it right back over on an interception, as he continued to struggle. The Titans offense struggled as well, and were stopped to a FG.

After the Titans blew that chance, the Bengals would start to surge and make the most of it, marching up field and getting a TD. Another 3 and out gave the Bengals the ball, and they ran a power-o play, where Bernard ran for 64 yards and a penalty put them at the 8, in just one play. Hill proceeded to march into the end zone for a touchdown, and this game was all over.

In garbage time, the Titans managed a FG, but the Bengals got a chance to swap RBs in. They first got Hill some extra carries, but when he struggled they gave it to rookie Wilder, who managed 36 yards on just 4 carries.

"Overall the run game was working for us, and thats why we won this ball game. We need performances like that every game." Bernard led the way with 21 carries, 160 yards with a TD.

Wilder gets a 13 yard carry in garbage time

Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #18
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Heck, you haven't been slow. Im a lot slower than you in my NCAA dynasty with Blue Mountain State (Teambuilder team). I make myself only play one game a week, keeping me up to date with the NCAA schedule. It means when I get the itch to play, I just practice running plays within the dynasty.
Time wise I probably haven't been slow, but for me it's felt slow.

Probably just my boring week lol
Old 09-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #19
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Bengals gift Dalton, Burfict big extensions

In Cincinnati, all the Bengals fans just cheered. Pretty loudly.

Just two days after beating the Titans in a blowout, the Bengals have announced official extensions to Andy Dalton and Vontaze Burfict.

Dalton, has 626 passing yards so far, to go along with a 63% completion percentage, 6 TDs, and 3 interceptions. Last year, Dalton completed 62% of his passes, with 4200+ yards 33 TDs, and 20 ints. In the previous two years he combined for 7000 yards, 47 TDs and 29 interceptions.

Dalton is reported to make about 16.5(couldn't do large signing bonus) million a year over 6 years. Dalton had one year remaining on his rookie contract and was scheduled to make slightly less than $1.7 million.

"I'm really happy I can play knowing I have a permanent home here in Cincinnati. I love the Bengals organization and the fans, as well as the city, are amazing."

"Dalton is definitely worthy of the deal. He has led our offense well for the past 3 years, and will definitely do so in this 4th year" Coach Lewis said. Dalton however hasn't brought his regular season success to the playoffs, where he is 0-3.

On the other hand, Vontaze Burfict was also extended. Burfict at only 23, has gotten off to a bit of a slow start with only 13 tackles, but does have an interception. Last year the pro bowler had 171 tackles with 3 sacks.

"I'm very happy to be able to stay here in Cincinnati." Burfict said. Coach Lewis also chipped in "Burfict isn't one of our defensive leaders-- he is a TEAM leader. He is a great player and knowing I'll hopefully be able to coach a talent like Burfict for 4 more years is exciting."

Burfict's contract was reported 4 years at just above 5.5m per year. The Bengals take on the Patriots their next game, and both these players hope to put in some good work.

Last edited by KingFry; 09-21-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #20
Pro

KingFry's Arena

A look at footballs oddest draft class yet

Everyone who watches football can't deny they like the draft. And anyone who likes the draft can't deny they like college football. Which is why we're giving you the current overview on what may be the weirdest draft class ever.

If you haven't learned already, you're probably wondering who the two most talented players are. Well, they're tight ends. Yes. I said it. Tight ends.

Donterrius Carey is the first TE, and is projected to get picked #1. Carey may be overvalued because of his physical skills and size. At 6'7, 258, Carey is a beast. He has great physical skills for a tight end... but... he lacks blocking skills, and isn't a very good route runner. So far he has 17 receptions for 212 yards and 3 TDs. Not bad numbers in a USC offense. Ramorius Powe on the other hand... well... he is on the same hand. Both tight ends pretty much have the same attributes. Powe has 15 receptions for 202 yards and 4 TDs. They will likely fall from their projected position, but you never know...

Next we look at R.J. Reid. The corner from Wisconsin is projected #6. He has amazing physical skills, but has average intangibles. Reid's speed is unreal, and he backs it up with a very good vertical, and solid man and zone. This guy is a good threat to be a top corner in the NFL. Dak Ballard is also a corner projected early (#4). Just like Reid, he has great physical skills, and has good zone and man as well. Both will definitely compete for top CB, as they both have 1 interception, but Reid has 1 more PD.

Moving on to linebacker, you can't ignore Ronald Green, from Texas. He is projected at #3 and for good reasons, too. He is average in zone, but is known primarily as a speed rusher, with good physical skills, average hit power and the ability to tackle. At #17 projected, Ajala is a solid option, too. He has average zone, and a great vertical to pair with good speed. Green of course has 3 sacks already, as well as 3 PDs, while Ajala has a sack, double the tackles of Green and an interception.

Finally, we cap off our day with a look at the O-Line. The best of the large bunch is likely the 6'6, 311 pound LT from Alabama, Morgan Glears. Glears is a good pass blocker, run blocker, and impact blocker, and provides okay athleticism for an offensive linemen and strength. Competing with him at O-Line is USC recruit Demetrius Grimes. Grimes is projected at #12 and is mostly the same player as Glears. While both have the skills, their production isn't as good. Both have allowed a sack and missed blocks before, but they make up for it with the ability to be great.

Thats all for our first review on this draft. Next week we'll be covering some QBs, as well as breakout options at WRs, RBs, safety, and the D-Line.

Last edited by KingFry; 09-22-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:10 AM   #21
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

Awesome start to the year! Hopefully Dalton can step up in big games and make his contract worth it.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #22
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Packers give up on Perry, send him to Bengals

CINCINNATI, OHIO -- Today, the first surprising trade went down. Just a day after giving a massive extension to Dalton, and another one to Burfict, the Bengals shook up their roster.

Nick Perry being traded wasn't the surprising part. With only 6 sacks and 37 tackles the past few years, the first rounder hadn't lived up to expectations. Perry at 24, was also reported for not participating in many offseason activities, and when the Packers signed Julius Peppers, he moved into a backup role.

The surprising part is the move of Jermaine Gresham. Sort of a fan favorite, the TE has been solid the past few years. At only 26, Gresham has had over 450 receiving yard every year, and has over 575 twice, and had a great season in 2012 where he had 737 yards. Gresham started off slow this year, but it was due to missing some time in games. He has 6 receptions for 78 yards and a TD. Gresham is not much of a blocker, but he enters a less crowded area in GB, whereas in Cincinnati, Tyler Eifert was getting time, as well as 3 WRs and the RBs too. In GB, he provides a solid #3 behind Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson.

The overall trade sent a 4th rounder along with Perry to get Gresham. Perry immediately fills a position of need at LOLB, and has started out strong, which is likely why the Packers sold high. 10 tackles and 2 sacks for Perry in a backup role isn't bad.

"It was great to be a part of the Bengals organization for 4 years. They taught me a lot and I understand it's a business and guys have to be traded sometimes. But now my focus is on contributing to the Packers." Gresham will immediately take over TE duties, while Perry takes over LOLB duties in Cincinnati. The Bengals take on the Patriots this week in what will likely be a thriller.

Last edited by KingFry; 10-06-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #23
MVP

redsrulenc's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFry

A look at footballs oddest draft class yet

Everyone who watches football can't deny they like the draft. And anyone who likes the draft can't deny they like college football. Which is why we're giving you the current overview on what may be the weirdest draft class ever.

If you haven't learned already, you're probably wondering who the two most talented players are. Well, they're tight ends. Yes. I said it. Tight ends.

Donterrius Carey is the first TE, and is projected to get picked #1. Carey may be overvalued because of his physical skills and size. At 6'7, 258, Carey is a beast. He has great physical skills for a tight end... but... he lacks blocking skills, and isn't a very good route runner. So far he has 17 receptions for 212 yards and 3 TDs. Not bad numbers in a USC offense. Ramorius Powe on the other hand... well... he is on the same hand. Both tight ends pretty much have the same attributes. Powe has 15 receptions for 202 yards and 4 TDs. They will likely fall from their projected position, but you never know...

Next we look at R.J. Reid. The corner from Wisconsin is projected #6. He has amazing physical skills, but has average intangibles. Reid's speed is unreal, and he backs it up with a very good vertical, and solid man and zone. This guy is a good threat to be a top corner in the NFL. Dak Ballard is also a corner projected early (#4). Just like Reid, he has great physical skills, and has good zone and man as well. Both will definitely compete for top CB, as they both have 1 interception, but Reid has 1 more PD.

Moving on to linebacker, you can't ignore Ronald Green, from Texas. He is projected at #3 and for good reasons, too. He is average in zone, but is known primarily as a speed rusher, with good physical skills, average hit power and the ability to tackle. At #17 projected, Ajala is a solid option, too. He has average zone, and a great vertical to pair with good speed. Green of course has 3 sacks already, as well as 3 PDs, while Ajala has a sack, double the tackles of Green and an interception.

Finally, we cap off our day with a look at the O-Line. The best of the large bunch is likely the 6'6, 311 pound LT from Alabama, Morgan Glears. Glears is a good pass blocker, run blocker, and impact blocker, and provides okay athleticism for an offensive linemen and strength. Competing with him at O-Line is USC recruit Demetrius Grimes. Grimes is projected at #12 and is mostly the same player as Glears. While both have the skills, their production isn't as good. Both have allowed a sack and missed blocks before, but they make up for it with the ability to be great.

Thats all for our first review on this draft. Next week we'll be covering some QBs, as well as breakout options at WRs, RBs, safety, and the D-Line.
Awesome post. I'm HUGE on the draft. Ever played NFL Head Coach? Incredible game for the in-game drafts alone.

Run For The Playoffs - A Louisville Bats AAA dynasty

Gimmie A Hell! Gimmie A Yeah! - This is Blue Mountain State Football.

Single-A Baseball on The Show? Un-Flocking-Believable! - Go Myrtle Beach Pelicans!
Old 09-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #24
Pro

KingFry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrulenc
Awesome post. I'm HUGE on the draft. Ever played NFL Head Coach? Incredible game for the in-game drafts alone.
Sadly no. But I live for the draft and college football. If there was an NCAA 15 out atm I would be making a dynachise because I love drafting players I played with...

And thanks. I hadn't looked at the class till like week 3, and I normally would do something different, but since there were two TEs at the top(and one at 11th projected!) I decided to make posts like this so I can give an overview, because overall it is one of the coolest classes I've seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »