Home

The Harbinger - The Legacy of an Unlikely Hero

This is a discussion on The Harbinger - The Legacy of an Unlikely Hero within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #9
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36
The Harbinger - The Legacy of an Unlikely Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshistabber
I thought it was pretty obvious that the MC is the person working the scoreboard since its in first person.

Yeah but u switched it to third at the end and I was confused but I got it now

Quote:
"Yes, Coach?" DeShaun responded as he ran as fast he can to the coach.
Quote:
A smile appeared on DeShaun's face, and he quickly ran to the huddle to get ready for the next play of the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by beast10; 09-18-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #10
Banned

yoshistabber's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Harbinger - The Legacy of an Unlikely Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast10
Yeah but u switched it to third at the end and I was confused but I got it now

I didn't try to go third person I just ended it there because I wanted to go to sleep lol
Old 09-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #11
Banned

yoshistabber's Arena

August 30, 2014. Mission Viejo, CA.

Although the team needed Derek badly, Jackson Ellis covered up that problem with a spectacular passing display for the first three quarters. But then came the fourth quarter. Crenshaw's offensive line could not block anything in the last quarter, and it caused Jackson to get sacked five times after not getting sacked once before the start of the fourth. Another thing that hurt us was that Jackson threw two interceptions in a row which caused Long Beach Poly to make a comeback. With our offense was completely shut down in the fourth, the defense was not helping at all with all these wide open passes they're giving up.

It came to the point that Long Beach Poly tied the game at 42 with only about 2 minutes, and offense continued to struggle on getting anywhere. Because DeShaun didn't help that much with the ground game, the whole team had to depend on Jackson to make some magic happen. Well I understand that Crenshaw is facing the fifth best team in California but that doesn't change the fact that the team choked the lead away. All of the receivers were being covered, and Jackson was forced to either pass or get sacked because he wasn't fast enough to run with the ball.

I stopped the clock after Crenshaw called their second timeout of the half. "Hey water boy," I called out to Jamal as I started stretching, "can you get me a drink?"

"Do I have to give water to the scorekeeper?"

"Come on we're friends right? Please?"

"Fine, fine. You want Gatorade or water?"

"Get me a Gatorade man."

Jamal passes me a Gatorade bottle before getting drinks for the offensive players during the timeout. As the timeout ended, I take a sip of the Gatorade and got ready to start the clock. There's only ten seconds left in the game, and Crenshaw is only on our thirty yard line. I'm sure that Crenshaw is doing a pass play but will the pass connect is the question. Unless the line blocks for once, there won't be any passes flying in the air. The players get set, and Jared Townley snaps the ball to Jackson. Jackson surveyed around the field and threw the ball in Blake Bannan's direction. Blake outran the safety and caught the ball. He kept running and running like there was no tomorrow. He's at the thirty. At the twenty. At the ten. Touchdown! Game over and we somehow upsetted the Long Beach Poly Jackrabbits.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After putting all the equipment and jugs on the bus, I got inside and sat near the front. I never liked sitting in the front of a bus, but it's not like I have a choice when the whole football team is on here too. All of the coaches and players got on the bus, and Vincent Jackson, one of the offensive linemen and the older brother of my sister's boyfriend, sat next to me.

"What's up, Ui? So you doing scoreboard for us this season?" Vincent asked as he patted me on the back.

"I volunteered for today's game because I heard there would be money involved."

Vincent let out a laugh.

"Need to support Yui right? She's something else. You know she's on a date with Alex right now?"

"Yeah," I sighed, "your brother is an a**hole you know that?"

"We all know that. It's not my fault he's still breathing. I tried to kill him by pushing him out of the car during a gang fight, but then some f*cking hero saved him. I'm like come on n*gga seriously?" Vincent paused for a minute and said, "So you playing volleyball?"

"F*ck no. I hate volleyball."

"How about cross country?"

"Nah, not my thing."

"You're not doing any sports this season?"

"Nope. I'll just wait until basketball season comes."

"So you're not going to do any fall sports this year or the next three years?"

I responded by shaking my head. I played volleyball in middle school, but it never interested me. I always preferred basketball and soccer or fútbol or whatever people want to call it over volleyball. Many say that I'm actually better than most of the guys on the boys basketball varsity team, but does anybody really care about women's basketball? People care more about the Bucks and Sixers than any WNBA team. Playing basketball is nice but because there's no soccer team in this school, there's nothing to do for the other season sports. I would love to play football, but it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for one thing - I'm a girl. A girls football team doesn't exist. I know there's something called the lingerie- I mean Legends Football League, but everything about it is just completely stupid and weird. But if I could play, I would probably be a running back or a wide receiver. I always liked to run no matter what sport it was. When I get a rebound, I run down the court to get two easy points before anybody can catch up. When there's a counterattack, I would be the one running with the ball. I've also won several awards in track and swimming.

"Okay then. I understand you're busy with taking care of your older sister, school, and jobs," Vincent said, "but you shouldn't waste your four years of high school doing nothing. There's no do-overs in life."

"Yeah, I know that."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #12
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Oh well played sir.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
Banned

yoshistabber's Arena

Derek Meeks goes down, Crenshaw still wins

The start of high school football is finally back. Today's non-league game featured the defending CIF LA City Section champions Crenshaw Cougars against the Long Beach Poly Jackrabbits. The Jackrabbits are ranked 22 in Xcellent 25, 19 nationally, and 5 in all of California. Crenshaw coach Robert Garrett has faith in this team even though they have lost many of their key players from last year to graduation. With a new quarterback, Crenshaw somehow came out of this game with a victory.

Player of the Game: Jackson Ellis. We may not have seen the dual threat ability that Ajene Harris had, but Jackson Ellis's passing will make everyone feel J-Ellis. Pass after pass kept connecting no matter how covered the receiver was. His clutch pass to senior wide receiver and cornerback Blake Bannan won them the game after stumbling in the fourth quarter.

Injury: Derek Meeks went down with an unidentified knee injury after a linebacker charged at his legs. Meeks was unable to move his legs and was sent to a hospital to check on the injury. Crenshaw can only hope that their running back will be back soon.

Top Prospect Watch:

Jackson Ellis - Crenshaw's new QB? It's only one game so we'll see.

Derek Meeks - The unfortunate event that fell upon the junior running back may cause worries to scouts. Meeks may or may not even be able to play ever again depending on what his injury is.

Ryan Brown - Although he only had four receptions, he averaged 15.7 yards on them.

Blake Bannan - The man was amazing on offense and defense. Not only did he won the game for Crenshaw, but he caused Long Beach Poly star Obadiah Pollard to be benched after the first quarter.

Matthew King - The Texan playing West Coast football comes up with 85 yards in 6 receptions.

Raishaun Hawkins - His stats do not match how he played in the game at all. He was completely shut down in all three quarters but got lucky with many completed long passes.

Obadiah Pollard - Not a good day for Pollard. Being benched after the first quarter for potential clashing with the coach Antonio Pierce. Nobody remembered that Pollard was even at the game.

Next game for both teams:

Crenshaw - 9/5 @ South East (0-1)

Long Beach Poly - 9/5 vs. Narbonne (1-0)

Crenshaw Cougars vs. Long Beach Poly Jackrabbits @ Mission Viejo, CA
Aug 30, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Crenshaw Cougars (0-0)141315648
Long Beach Poly Jackrabbits (0-0)0772842
Team Stats Comparison
CrenshawLong Beach Poly
Total Offense556457
Rushing Yards43128
Passing Yards513329
First Downs2516
Punt Return Yards4024
Kick Return Yards112174
Total Yards708655
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion94
4th Down Conversion12
2-Point Conversion20
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals34
Penalties21
Posession Time21:2918:31
Crenshaw Cougars
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Jackson Ellis39/5751332
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
DeShaun Dillard20643.23
Jackson Ellis5-22-4.40
Derek Meeks111.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Tyrone Hansen121139.40
Matthew King68514.10
DeShaun Dillard581.60
Blake Bannan511422.82
Clinton Cantrell410325.71
Ryan Brown46315.70
Long Beach Poly Jackrabbits
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Raishaun Hawkins26/3632951
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Neil Treangen12252.01
Obadiah Pollard10363.60
Raishaun Hawkins8678.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Rasheed Morales88410.50
Jerod Blanco611619.31
Morgan Houstan46616.52
Brett Brock3113.61
Neil Treangen2147.00
Benjamin Madison23618.51
Mark Grant111.00
Old 09-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #14
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Wait a minute.....WHAT?!

Old 09-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #15
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Bruh I'm so confused

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #16
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Blake Bannan puttin' in WORK week 1!!!!!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »