Home

A New NFL: A Detroit Lions Franchise (Madden 12)

This is a discussion on A New NFL: A Detroit Lions Franchise (Madden 12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #9
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6

2015 NFL QB/HB/WR Combos

Bears
QB: Michael White (4th year)
HB: Matt Forte
WR: Johnny Knox

Bengals
QB: Tony Romo
HB: Donte Williams (2nd year)
WR: AJ Green

Browns
QB: Damien Zimmerman (2nd year)
HB: Teddy Shaw (2nd year)
WR: Dalton Hale (3rd year)

Bills
QB: Omar Ryans (2nd year)
HB: Chris Johnson
WR: Cain Quinn (2nd year)

Broncos
QB: Dora Money (4th year)
HB: Purrito Money (4th year)
WR: Evan Garcia (2nd year)

Bucs
QB: Tyler Lopez (R)
HB: DeAngelo Williams
WR: Mike Williams

Cardinals
QB: Eli Manning
HB: Ryan Williams
WR: Dakota Plummer (2nd year)

Chargers
QB: Philip Rivers
HB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Vincent Jackson

Chiefs
QB: Baby Snoots (4th year)
HB: San McGigabobber (4th year)
WR: Bryce Lopez (2nd year)

Colts
QB: Carson Palmer
HB: Jahvid Best
WR: Robert Meachem

Cowboys
QB: Jimmy Hood (4th year)
HB: Felix Jones
WR: Dez Bryant

Dolphins
QB: David Sills (3rd year)
HB: George Focker (2nd year)
WR: Tico Bowden (4th year)

Eagles
QB: John Lopez (4th year)
HB: LeSean McCoy
WR: Larry Fitzgerald

49ers
QB: Caleb Jones (2nd year)
HB: Frank Gore
WR: Michael Crabtree

Falcons
QB: Matt Ryan
HB: Michael Turner
WR: Julio Jones

Giants
QB: Matt Schaub
HB: Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: Hakeem Nicks

Jaguars
QB: Dewayne Tauscher (2nd year)
HB: Maurice Jones-Drew
WR: Scott Lee (2nd year)

Jets
QB: Rupert Nobles (3rd year)
HB: Shonn Greene
WR: Santonio Holmes

Lions
QB: Caleb Henderson (3rd year)
HB: Quentin Thomas (3rd year)
WR: Calvin Johnson

Packers
QB: Nick Renner (2nd year)
HB: Danny Woodhead
WR: Andre Johnson

Panthers
QB: Aaron Connors (4th year)
HB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Tyler Coe (3rd year)

Patriots
QB: Boran White (2nd year)
HB: Rupert Hardy (3rd year)
WR: Popo Roundtree (3rd year)

Raiders
QB: Tom Brady
HB: Darren McFadden
WR: Brandon Lloyd

Rams
QB: JJ Bruckley (4th year)
HB: Steven Jackson
WR: Freddie Ahargee

Ravens
QB: Peyton Manning
HB: Ray Rice
WR: Reggie Wayne

Redskins
QB: Drevan Stafford (4th year)
HB: Connor Rodriguez (2nd year)
WR: Stevie Johnson

Saints
QB: Drew Brees
HB: Mark Ingram
WR: Marques Colston

Seahawks
QB: Matt Sanchez (3rd year)
HB: Marshawn Lynch
WR: Matthew Cook (3rd year)

Steelers
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
HB: Joseph Addai
WR: Mike Wallace

Texans
QB: Aaron Rodgers
HB: Arian Foster
WR: Dalton Fairchild (2nd year)

Titans
QB: Nick Hall (3rd year)
HB: Eben Walowitz (R)
WR: Robert Campbell (3rd year)

Vikings
QB: Colby Fenton (3rd year)
HB: Adrian Peterson
WR: Andrew Good (2nd year)

Hopefully this clears up even more confusion with what's going on as there are no comments yet. There should be more pre-season articles in the coming week, so stay tuned!

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 11-17-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #10
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Monday Monday Quarterback | AFC East

By: Scott Ritcher

Offseason Edition

Bills

Omar Ryans returns as the Bills starting QB after a meh rookie year. Ryans has been hailed as the best draft prospect since Baby Snoots and Dora Money back in 2010. However, this year Omar has more help. The team signed Chris Johnson in free agency and 3rd round pick Cain Quinn from the 2012 draft along with undrafted free agent Kyle Busch have another year under their belts. Expect the Bills to improve in 2015, but they're still not playoff bound.

Dolphins

David Sills enters his third year in the league, having taken the Dolphins to the postseason the past two years. However, this year the goal is to get over the hump. In 2012, the Dolphins won the divison and beat the Jaguars 30-27 before losing by 44 points to the Raiders in the divisional round. In 2013, the Dolphins overcame a 4-5 start to win their last 7 and get the #2 seed in the AFC. This time, the Dolphins fell to the Texans, the Super Bowl Champs, 32-29 in overtime. Miami didn't add any more weapons for Sills, so he's going to have to work with what he's got, which is plenty.

Jets

Rupert Nobles was given a fat 3 year/15 million dollar deal to be the future of the Jets. He was alright his first year, but alright only got the Jets 8-8. If the Jets want to challenge the Dolphins for that division, they need Nobles to step up and lead the team. Although he doesn't have much at receiver, with Santonio Holmes being the lone standout, Nobles will just have to tough it out and deal with it.

Patriots

Boran White enters his second year after throwing 23 TD's in his rookie year. He enters the year with the same cast of characters, which feature 3rd year HB Rupert Hardy and 3rd year receivers Trent Pryor and Popo Roundtree. The Patriots have a realistic shot at competing for the divison title if White improves his second year and takes a bigger role in the offense.

Last edited by NewscasterNews4; 11-18-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Re: A New NFL: A Detroit Lions Franchise (Madden 12)

87.9 Sports Talk Welcomes You To Another Year Of Lions Football

Dear Lions Fans,

Please come out and support your team! The Lions will need your support this year! We have a great stretch of home games this year, including the NFC Super Bowl representative Giants and the #1 seed Dallas Cowboys. However, if you can't make it to the home games or can't go to the away games, 87.9 Sports talk is here for you. We will be broadcasting every game live here for you with a 15 minute postgame wrap-up afterwards. So, strap in your seatbelts, and let's get ready for Minnesota!

-Kyle Barker, Detroit Lions Commentator
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #12
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Monday Morning QB | AFC North

Bengals

Tony Romo returns as the Bengals starting QB after having an ok first year at the helm. Jonah Hernandez, the 2nd round pick from ECU, will be backing up Romo, showing that the Bengals have moved on from the red rifle, Andy Dalton. Romo has some nice weapons on the outside, with Chad Johnson and AJ Green on the outside. The Bengals are on the bubble in terms of making the playoffs.

Browns

Bill Belichick enters year 2 of rebuilding his former team with Damien Zimmerman as his starting QB. Zimmerman wasn't half bad his rookie year, throwing 22 TD's to only 7 picks. He will be handing the ball off to fellow 2nd year man Teddy Shaw, and will throw it to 3rd year receiver Dalton Hale and 2nd year man Jordan Brees. Expect the Browns to get another Top 10 pick this year.

Ravens

After dealing Joe Flacco to the Chargers and trading for Peyton Manning, the Ravens went from pretenders to contenders overnight. In addition to getting Manning, the Ravens also got Reggie Wayne as a part of the deal. I think if Peyton doesn't turn into his playoff self come playoff time, the Ravens can win the Super Bowl this year.

Steelers

Pittsburgh is in a bit of a pickle. At the start of the year last year, Ben Roethlisberger was out and backup QB Justin Jackson stepped in and played well. However, once Big Ben came back, the Steelers played well as well. This year, for the first time since Roethlisberger's rookie year, there will be an open QB competition between himself and Jackson. Whoever wins should be able to take Pittsburgh to the postseason this year.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #13
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Monday Morning QB | AFC South

Colts
The Carson Palmer era begins in Indianapolis for the time being as Peyton Manning was dealt to Baltimore. The Palmer era will most likely end very soon, however, as the Colts drafted QB Justin Robinson out of Kentucky in the 2nd round to most likely be the QB of the future. Expect the Colts to tank this year and get a top 10 pick.

Jaguars
Dewayne Tauscher enters his second year as the Jaguars starter, and this year looks just as bleak as the first. The Jaguars started out 0-5 before getting their first win in Week 7 last year, and they're a candidate to go 0-16 this year. The lone bright spots on this offense are MJD (he is every year) and 2nd year receiver Scott Lee. The Jags are headed for a Top 10 pick, possibly the #1 pick again.

Texans
The Texans try to repeat winning the Super Bowl this year, something no team has done since the 2003-04 Patriots. Aaron Rodgers returns as the starter and he guaranteed a repeat win, so we will see. The Texans have a good shot at doing that as they have Arian Foster back at HB and young star Dalton Fairchild at receiver.

Titans
The Titans got off to a rough start last year, but turned it around one game too late. Their bad start included a 23 point loss at home to the 5-11 Lions and a 31 point loss on the road to at the time, an 0-5 Packers team. Nick Hall enters his 3rd year as the starter and will have his best friend, Robert Campbell, with him. Tennessee could be a playoff team or get a Top 10 pick.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:33 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haha! Your franchise is almost as ridiculous as mine in terms of absurd player and coach movement. Madden is so funny, isn't it? Also, I don't blame you for the January 8th idea. When football ends, Madden becomes my fix, too. The NFL season goes far too fast.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #15
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA88NE
Haha! Your franchise is almost as ridiculous as mine in terms of absurd player and coach movement. Madden is so funny, isn't it? Also, I don't blame you for the January 8th idea. When football ends, Madden becomes my fix, too. The NFL season goes far too fast.
Well, it wasn't exactly Madden's fault...it was mine lol.

But what I used to do when I ran this universe before I found OS was that I would run this one and my college football universe (I would post on that, but I've been procrastinating editing the rosters lol) starting in mid-January and ending in June since pretty much the only things that can distract me are the NFL Playoffs at the start and then the NBA Playoffs towards the end. But thanks for the comment!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #16
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

5 Years Later: A Look Back At The Past Of The Detroit Lions

By: Kyle Barker, 87.9 Sports Talk Broadcaster

Detroit, MI-- 5 years ago I was finishing up my bachelor's degree at the University of Michigan. I was sitting on my couch, casually getting ready to watch the draft.

Little did I know, the NFL would change forever that day.

Specifically the Lions.

I remember Roger Goodell's words: "With the first overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select....Baby Snoots, the QB out of Michigan.

Then, again.

"With the 22nd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select....San McGigabobber, the HB out of Michigan.

These two players would provide so much excitement to a franchise that lacked it. I was ecstatic about the draft and couldn't wait until the season started.

Then it did.

The Lions started out with a loss to the Broncos, but they picked it up. They won 6 straight before falling to the Bears 41-38. The Lions struggled down the stretch, going 4-3 after the loss, but that was still good for an 11-5 record and the 5 seed, which featured a date with the 49ers at Candelstick Park. The Lions got off to a slow start, but came back and won 31-21. Next up were the New York Giants. There was a blizzard that Saturday night, and it definently affected the Lions. Detroit got off to another slow start, but this time they couldn't recover and lost 38-17. I was quite satisfied with our year, as after going 2-14 we went 11-5 and got to the divisional playoffs.

In 2011 the Lions were heavily praised around the league and were expected to win the division. The Lions started out 5-0 before falling to the Bears again (a common theme in these days). Detroit won their next 5 before falling to da Bears (yet again). Detroit finished the year at 12-4, good enough for the 5 seed. The Leos proceeded to shellack the Dallas Cowboys, 41-14 in the Wild Card round. In the next week, they knocked off the #2 seed Falcons, 17-14 before setting up a showdown with the Chicago Bears. The game was hyped up all week as the game of the year, and it didn't disappoint.

At least in the early going.

The Bears won the toss and chose to receive. They immidiately took the ball down the field and scored on a Jay Cutler TD pass to Johnny Knox to make it 7-0. The Lions went 3 and out, so the Bears drove down the field and made it 14-0 on a Matt Forte TD run from 5 yards out. Snoots and the Lions pulled it together, and drove down the field and scored on a 5 yd Snoots TD run to make it 14-7.

That was as close as it would get.

The Bears would roll, 59-21, en route to losing to the Colts, 29-25 in the Super Bowl. However, this would be the end of the Lions as we knew it.

In the offseason, chaos ensued in the Lions locker room. WR Calvin Johnson and TE Brandon Pettigrew started to complain about QB Baby Snoots and how he only throws to his best friend, HB San McGigabobber. Then, TMZ released an article that Snoots was involved in point-shaving (something that Snoots denied and proved to be only a rumor), and through all this the Lions traded Snoots and McGigabobber to the Chiefs for 1st and 2nd round picks.

That was, I think, the worst day in Lions history. And that's saying A LOT. I was considering cutting my ties with the Lions until 87.9 Sports Talk gave me a phone call. They wanted me to intern there, which meant I was one step closer to my dream job.

Soon, Draft Day 2012 came around. The Chiefs had a bad year last year, so we were given the #4 pick in the draft. There, the rebuilding process began, as we drafted QB Caleb Henderson out of Michigan. The guy I wanted was David Sills, but he ended up going to Miami at #1. With our other first round pick, we picked up HB Quentin Thomas out of Minnesota. Overall I thought these were solid picks, but still not as good as Snoots and McGigabobber.

In 2012, the Lions definently took a step back. It was clear that Henderson and Thomas were going to need time to develop and that would be a few years. The Lions finished 7-9 and missed the postseason for the first time since 2009. Henderson was alright, throwing for 3,060 yds, 20 TD's and 11 interceptions.

This led to 2013, the year the experts picked Detroit to win the NFC North and go 10-6. The offseason started with a bonehead pick by the Lions, taking change of pace HB TJ Fordham with the 9th overall pick in the draft. WHO DOES THAT! Anyways, I almost forgot to mention, I got my dream JOB! For the 2013 season, me and Terry Gabrielson broadcasted a few Lions games live on 87.9. But here, I'll let you guys see the way the Lions did yourselves.

Week 1-vs. Vikings L, 23-17
Week 2-vs. Texans L, 31-17
Week 3-at Titans W, 36-13
Week4-at Bears L, 35-28
Week 5-vs. Packers W, 31-28
Week 6-at Colts L, 33-31
Week 7-at 49ers L, 30-17
Week 8-vs. Bears W, 19-3
Week 9-BYE
Week 10-vs. Rams L, 27-17
Week 11-at Cardinals L, 38-17
Week 12-vs. Jaguars W, 30-24
Week 13-at Packers L, 27-10
Week 14-vs. Seahawks W, 34-27
Week 15-at Giants L, 37-0
Week 16-vs Falcons L, 16-13
Week 17-at Vikings L, 31-20
*-Game at 7:00

The one game I would like to point out is the Week 5 game against Green Bay. That game was the most exciting I had seen in my life. The Lions were down by 18 with 6 minutes to play in the 4th. But they came back. It started with a drive that led to a FG. 28-13 Pack. Then, Nick Renner threw the first pick of his pro career that led to a Henderson TD pass to Megatron. 28-20 Pack. Then, the Packers went 3 and out, meaning the Lions had another shot. Henderson heaved up a jump ball to Megatron, one in which he caught, for a 50 yard completion to the Packer 14. Henderson would find Calvin on a TD pass in the endzone, and the rest is history. The Lions would get the 2 point conversion, and kick the game winning field goal in OT to win, 31-28. The best part? I got to call that game.

However, that game was one of the only bright spots for Detroit in a year of disappointment. Caleb Henderson hit his sophomore slump, throwing for 3,341 yds and 22 TD's, but 22 picks as well, doubling his total from his rookie year. The Lions finished 5-11, last in the NFC North where you only needed 9 wins to win the division. It should be noted that Henderson was benched in Week 8 for backup QB Brynn Drexon, but for some reason Henderson started Week 10 against the Rams. Probably because the franchise felt that tanking was the way to go.

This takes us to 2015. After a year of no football, the Lions are projected to do absolutely nothing this year, probably a good thing. Personally, I expect them to go 3-13 this year, but you never know. All I know is that this year it will be just me covering Lions games, and the journey starts January 13th against Minnesota. See you there!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »