Home

Rebirth of the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty

This is a discussion on Rebirth of the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #65
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rebirth of the Big North Conference (BNC): A CAP Simulation Dynasty

gotta make my mark on special teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2015, 02:53 AM   #66
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
gotta make my mark on special teams
Porter will definitely see the majority of the special team reps, but he will get some carries from time to time, especially with how much the team runs the ball. The starter in front of Porter is a junior, but with how the offense is run, I believe that Porter will still get a lot of touches.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:55 AM   #67
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Week 2 in Review
By Dan Moore - ESPN BNC Blogger and Host of the Dan Moore Show
Sept 7, 2014 - 11:35 AM EDT

Looking back at the first week of the college football season, most of the top 25 teams in the nation won their first game while some took an early bye week. Let's look at the scores from the weekend:

Top 25 Scoreboard Week 2
Results
#1 Oregon 52, Wyoming 35
Cincinnati 39, #2 Ohio State 35
#3 Alabama 27, #15 Oklahoma 17
#4 Auburn 37, San Jose State 7
#5 Louisville 31, Marshall 26
#6 Georgia 49, Bismarck State 17
#7 Texas A&M 35, SMU 3
#8 Ole Miss 34, UL Lafayette 0
#12 UCLA 40, #10 Washington 28
#11 USC 31, Boston College 10
#13 Missouri 40, South Dakota State 7
#14 Michigan State 42, Vancouver State 7
Memphis 41, #18 BYU 27
#20 Iowa 28, Pittsburgh 7
#21 Nebraska 38, Fresno State 10
#22 Notre Dame 37, Syracuse 14
#23 Alaska State 40, Arizona State 14
#24 Miami 48, Florida A&M 16
#25 North Carolina 34, Utah State 27

As you can see, four ranked teams lost, highlighted by #2 Ohio State losing to in-state opponent Cincinnati 39-35 in a game that saw the Buckeyes lose their starting quarterback Braxton Miller to a broken tailbone. The team is now down to their third quarterback after backup J.T. Barrett was lost to a broken ankle in Week 1.

The other big loss was BYU's shocking loss to the Memphis Tigers who came into the matchup at 0-1. With the loss, BYU not only falls out of the Top 25, but their chance to repeat looks to be over.

Now let's look at the new coaches poll that came out Sunday:

NCAA Football Rankings - Coaches Poll - Updated: Sep 7, 2014
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Oregon (33)101497
23Alabama (27)201425
34Auburn (1)101297
45Louisville101252
56Georgia201171
67Texas A&M101128
78Ole Miss201051
89Florida State10993
912UCLA20965
1011USC20899
112Ohio State11866
1213Missouri10777
1314Michigan State10727
1416Texas10631
1517Wisconsin10585
1610Washington11581
1719Georgia Tech00498
1820Iowa10468
1915Oklahoma01435
2021Nebraska10428
2122Notre Dame20389
2223Alaska State20352
23NRCincinnati10341
2424Miami10305
2525North Carolina10271

Others receiving votes: Tennessee (150), Arizona (74), BYU (56), Stanford (52), Maryland (47), Boston College (44), Vermont State (29), Minnesota (12), LSU (12)

Dropped Out: BYU (#18)

With Ohio State falling from 2 to 11, Alabama moves up to 2, followed by Auburn, Louisville, and Georgia.

Cincinnati joins the Top 25 for the first time, coming in at #23. Meanwhile, after another loss, BYU falls out of the Top 25. This loss will most likely cost them their chance to repeat as champions.

Here is a look at the schedule for the Top 25 for this week:

Top 25 Games Week 3
Results
#3 Auburn @ Mississippi State (12:00 PM EDT)
Portland Tech @ #2 Alabama (12:30 PM EDT)
#25 North Carolina @ ECU (12:30 PM EDT)
#15 Wisconsin @ Michigan (12:30 PM EDT)
Stanford @ #16 Washington (12:30 PM EDT)
Duke @ #8 Florida State (12:30 PM EDT)
#10 USC @ Washington State (1:00 PM EDT)
Lamar @ #6 Texas A&M (3:30 PM EDT)
Tennessee @ #19 Oklahoma (3:30 PM EDT)
Purdue @ #21 Notre Dame (3:30 PM EDT)
Kentucky @ #4 Louisville (3:30 PM EDT)
Iowa State @ #18 Iowa (3:30 PM EDT)
Maryland @ #20 Nebraska (3:30 PM EDT)
#13 Michigan State @ #1 Oregon (4:30 PM EDT)
#17 Georgia Tech @ Wake Forest (6:00 PM EDT)
Florida @ #7 Ole Miss (6:00 PM EDT)
UCF @ #12 Missouri (7:00 PM EDT)
#5 Georgia @ South Carolina (7:00 PM EDT) - Game of the Week
#9 UCLA @ #14 Texas (8:00 PM EDT)
Virginia Tech @ #11 Ohio State (8:00 PM EDT)

The NCAA this morning announced the national players of the week. Here are the top players of the week.

National Players of the Week:
Offense: Washington State QB Connor Halliday - 26-42 for 561 Yards and 7 touchdowns against Nevada (Won 49-42)

Defense: Air Force LOLB Kristov George - 11 Tackles (8 solo), 5 TFL, 2 sacks, a forced fumble, and an interception against Columbia State (Won 38-17)

Meanwhile, the Big North Conference announced their top players from last week's games. Here are the top players in the BNC from last week.

Big North Players of the Week:
Offense: Alaska State HB Mickey Newman - 35 Carries for 195 yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. Also had 3 receptions for 18 yards against Arizona State (Won 40-14)

Defense: Delaware College ROLB Wyatt Bratton - 6 Tackles (3 Solo), 2 TFL, a sack and an interception against UC Davis (Won 38-0)

After week 2, the Heisman Watch list remains the same at the top as all three players played yesterday. Desipte Manziel's poor performance against SMU, he managed to hold off both Gurley and Mariota, both of which had better games.

Two new candidates join the group for the first time: Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace and Alabama QB Blake Sims. Wallace, despite the poor passing, managed to score four total touchdowns as Ole Miss shut out UL Lafayette 34-0. While not having a good passing performance, Sims managed to score three touchdowns for the Crimson Tide as they took down Oklahoma 27-17.

Heisman Watch - Updated: Sep 7, 2014
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Johnny ManzielQBTexas A&M6-9, 98 Yards, 5 Carries, 28 Yards
Todd Gurley IIHBGeorgia24 Carries, 173 Yards, TD, 13 Receiving Yards
Marcus MariotaQBOregon21-27, 308 Yards, 2 TD, 19 Carries, 73 Yards
Bo WallaceQBOle Miss12-23, 240 Yards, 17 Carries, 60 Yards, 4 Total TD
Blake SimsQBAlabama15-36, 189 Yards, 18 Carries, 81 Yards, 3 Total TD

NCAA Major Injury Report - Updated: Sept 7, 2014
PosPlayerInjury Note
QBBraxton Miller (Ohio State)Broken Tailbone - Out 8 Weeks
QBJ.T. Barrett (Ohio State)Broken Ankle - Out 6 Weeks
WRDavante Adams (Fresno State)Strained Back - Out 5 Weeks
WRDevante Parker (Louisville)Broken Ankle - Out 8 Weeks
LGJordan Rigsbee (California)Foot Fracture - 9 Weeks
RTRob Havenstein (Wisconsin)Broken Tibia - 9 Weeks
RTTroy Baker (Baylor)Abdominal Tear - 6 Weeks
MLBAmarlo Herrera (Georgia)Dislocated Ankle - 7 Weeks
SSAdrian Amos (Penn State)Torn Achilles tendon - Out for the season
Old 02-10-2015, 02:59 AM   #68
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Week 3 BNC Predictions
Dan Moore and Jamie Choi - ESPN BNC Bloggers
Sept 11, 2014 - 11:00 AM EDT

After two weeks of action, I've managed to tie Jamie (thanks NC State) and almost had a perfect week had Manchester State defeated New Hampshire.

But enough about my near-perfect picks last week, let's look at the slate of games this week. With many teams off this week, we'll look at the most interesting games for this week.

Manchester State @ San Jose State

Choi:
With both teams coming off of losses, this game will be critical for both squads. While I'm not sure of how good the Spartans are, I believe that the Kings will come out on fire and dominate this game. I'm picking Manchester State to win 35-17.

Moore: Interesting points, Jamie. I'm also going with the Kings in this one, despite traveling three time zones. I feel that the Kings are a much better team than the Spartans, and I believe that it will show in this game. I'm picking the Kings 38-10.

Providence State @ Memphis

Choi:
In what looks to be a tuneup game before their game against Alaska State next week, the Titans head into the matchup very confident. Despite the fact that Memphis defeated the defending champions last week, I still believe that the Titans have too much firepower for the Tigers to handle. I'm picking the Titans to win 41-21.

Moore: Interesting points, Jamie. The Titans are focused on getting revenge against the Bears, but first, they must take down a Bears team that dominated their game against the Cougars, doing a much better job than the Bears did a week prior. Nevertheless, the Tigers doesn't have enough skilled players to deal with the likes of Dontae Brown and Matthew King, both of which I believe will have a great game. I'm picking the Titans to win 41-17.

Northwestern @ Delaware College

Choi: One of the best games on the schedule this week, I feel that this will be a season-defining game for the Swedes who managed to exceed all expectations last year. This game will come down to whoever has the ball last. With both teams having good quarterbacks, I feel that the Wildcats, with more experience, will defeat the Swedes in a close contest. Northwestern wins 31-28.

Moore: Interesting points, Jamie. I'm going with the Swedes in this one. Northwestern is a good team, but I feel that with a home crowd ready to erupt, I feel that the Swedes will pull if off, thanks to a good offense and a tough defense. Like you, I feel that the game will be close, but I'm going with the Swedes to win 27-24.

Middle Tennessee State @ Columbia State (In Baltimore)

Choi:
With the game being played in Baltimore instead of DC, I feel that this is a must-win game for Evans as he enters the game with a 4-9 record. Nothing seems to go right for the Statesmen who has some interesting pieces, but can not seem to get anything going. While I feel that the Statesmen will figure it out later, I feel that the Blue Raiders will win in a low scoring game 17-10.

Moore: While I agree that this is a must-win for Evans, I feel that the Statesmen will find some way to win. I agree that the offense has not improved, but I feel that the defense has somewhat regressed compared to last season. While I want to pick them, I feel that the Blue Raiders have more going for them in this matchup and thus, I will pick them to win 21-10.

Consensus picks: #2 Alabama over Portland Tech, Ball State over Billings State, and Louisiana Tech over Vancouver State
Old 02-10-2015, 03:01 AM   #69
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Big North Conference Review: Week 3
September 15, 2013 - 8:00 AM ET

Looking back on yesterday's action across the Big North Conference, let's look at what happened:

Big North Conference Week 3 Scoreboard
Results
#3 Alabama 48, Portland Tech 23
Manchester State 24, San Jose State 14
Ball State 26, Billings State 10
Providence State 35, Memphis 14
Northwestern 27, Delaware College 23
Louisiana Tech 48, Vancouver State 23
Middle Tennessee State 14, Columbia State 3

Looking at the scores, three games surprised me the most. The Billings State-Ball State game is perhaps the biggest surprise due to the result. While both me and Jamie picked the Cardinals to defeat the 49ers, we didn't expect the game to end this way. If this team doesn't fix the issues that they have, this could be it for coach White. While White has done great things for the university, the last few years have not been kind to the 49ers faithful and it could be a matter of time before people call for him to step down.

The second game, the Northwestern-Delaware College game was more surprising due to how competitive the Swedes were. Yes, they lost, but the fact that they were leading late before a late field goal gave the Wildcats the win shows that the Swedes are well on their way to competing with the rest of the conference.

The final game, the Columbia State-Middle Tennessee game shows that the run with former player-now coach Carl Evans might come to an end sooner than expected. Although the Blue Raiders only scored 14 points, the fact that your offense could only muster three points is pathetic. Whether it's the coaches or the players, it's ovbious that this is not going to work out for either party and that it might be best for both Evans and the school to go their separate ways.

Here is how everyone did for Week 2:

Columbia State - Lost to Middle Tennessee State 14-3
QB Patrick Parks -
8 of 24 for 88 yards. Also had 14 carries for 16 yards

HB Devon Welch - 12 carries for 59 yards and 3 receptions for 30 yards

Delaware College - Lost to Northwestern 27-23
Braylen Wright -
23 carries for 81 yards, 3 catches for 29 yards, and one kick return for 18 yards

Manchester State - Defeated San Jose State 24-14
TE Cody Cruise -
2 carries for 11 yards and 8 catches for 87 yards and a touchdown

Portland Tech - Lost to #2 Alabama 48-23
QB Frankie Leonard -
13 of 34 for 175 yards, a touchdown, and an interception

Providence State - Defeated Memphis 35-14
HB Dontae Brown -
14 carries for 49 yards and a touchdown. Also had one catch for 30 yards

WR Matthew King - 10 catches for 234 yards and 3 touchdowns (CAP of the Week)

Vancouver State - Lost to Louisiana Tech 48-23
QB Vernon Parrish -
16 of 32 for 272 yards, 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Also had 17 carries for 70 yards

Before I go, let's look at the other players that we're focusing on this season.

#2 Alabama - Won 48-23 over Portland Tech
SS Derek Forgarty -
One tackle

#15 Oklahoma - Lost to Tennessee 20-16
WR George Burns -
1 catch for 6 yards, 1 kick return for 13 yards, and 4 punt returns for 27 yards

Florida - Lost to #7 Ole Miss 24-21
CB Matthew Viselli -
1 kick return for 24 yards and 3 punt returns for 25 yards
Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 AM   #70
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

What we learned in the BNC: Week 3
Sept 15, 2013 - 9:00 AM ET

With the season starting for most of the Big North, I've looked at the results of yesterday's games and came up with the following conclusions:

1. Titans ready for the Bears: After getting down 14-7 on the road to a Memphis team that defeated the defending national champs, Providence State finished the game off on a 28-0 run to blow out the Tigers. Sophomore receiver Matthew King put up the best performance of his career with 234 receiving yards and three touchdowns, all career highs. With the Tigers out of the way, the stage is set as both the Bears and the Titans arrive with identical 2-0 records. Whoever wins will not only have bragging rights, but also an early lead in their division.

2. Matthew King continues his pace from last season: After another strong showing by the Titans receiver, I feel that King is making an early case for Big North Player of the Year. He currently leads the league with 366 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 17 catches. I feel that by the end of the season, King could possibly be a dark horse in the Heisman race as well as making a case for several awards.

3. The hot seat is heating up: After last week's results, one would hope that Billings State, Columbia State, and Vancouver State would show some sign of life this week against managable opponents. But as the games showed us over the weekend, These three teams appear to be at the bottom of the conference. Of the three coaches that are on the potential hotseat, White's seat looks to be heating up after a disappointing loss to Ball State. While White could afford another loss or two, neither Evans or Moody can afford to lose more games.

4. Swedes look impressive in loss: Despite losing to Northwestern Saturday, Delaware College more than held their own against the Wildcats. The Swedes matched up with the Wildcats evenly and it showed during the game. You can definately notice how much the team improved since coach Phillips took over last season. I expect these guys to possibly contend with the top teams in the east this season.

Now that we talked about yesterday's games, let's look at the key games this weekend.

#6 Ole Miss vs. Vermont State (6:00 PM EDT on ESPN 2 (9/19)) - After a bye week to prepare, the Timberwolves face their toughest challenge of the season as they host an Ole Miss team that survived a tough game against Florida. Bo Wallace is having a great start to the year for Ole Miss as he has thrown 9 touchdowns to no picks. On the other side, the Timberwolves look to win their 17th game in a row behind their strong defense and powerful offense.

Delaware College @ Billings State (1:00 PM EDT on ESPNU) - One of the most interesting games of the week features two teams going in different directions. Delaware College looks to avenge last year's 45-14 defeat at the hands of the 49ers who are struggling to find out who they are. Will the 49ers return to form or will the Swedes look to steal one in Billings?

Providence State @ Alaska State (3:30 PM EDT on ESPN) - Both teams look to start 1-0 in conference play as both teams meet again for the second year in a row and four times in three years, with Alaska State winning the last three meetings. The high-powered offense of the Titans will face a defense that forced seven sacks in their last game against Arizona State.

Here is this week's schedule of games for the conference:

Big North Week 4 Schedule
Results
#6 Ole Miss @ Vermont State (6:00 PM EDT on ESPN 2 (9/19))
Portland Tech @ Rice (12:30 PM EDT on BNN)
Delaware College @ Billings State (1:00 PM EDT on ESPNU)
Providence State @ #18 Alaska State (3:30 PM EDT on ESPN)
Buffalo @ Victoria State (3:30 PM EDT on ESPN 3)
Manchester State @ South Dakota Tech (3:30 PM EDT on BNN)
Columbia State @ #2 Alabama (6:00 PM EDT on SEC Network)
Iowa State @ Bismarck State (6:00 PM EDT on ESPN 3)

Let's now look at this week's Big North Power Rankings:

Big North Power Rankings: Week 3
1) (LW: 1) Alaska State (2-0) - After a week of rest and practice, the Bears look ready to take on the Titans in their first home game of the season Saturday afternoon (or 11:30 in Anchorage). With both offenses hitting their strides, which team will be the first to blink?

T2) (LW: 2) Vermont State (1-0) - Another team on a bye week, the Timberwolves prepare for perhaps the biggest regualr season game in school history as they host #6 Ole Miss for a rare Friday night game. I expect a lot of points to be scored in this one.

T2) (LW: 3) Providence State (2-0) - Afteranother good win, the Titans now turn their focus on their biggest game (other than Vermont State) of the season as they travel across the country to Anchorage to take on a tough Bears team at home. I expect either King or Brown to have a great game.

4) (LW: 5) Manchester State (1-1) - After losing a tough game to one of the better FCS teams in the country, the Kings answered back against the Spartans in a 24-14 victory. While star tight end Cody Cruise has not dominated like he did last season, it can only be a matter of time before he does it again.

5) (LW: 6) Delaware College (1-1) - Despite losing last week, I decided to rank them above Billings State, their next opponent, due to how competitve they have been this season. If they can beat the 49ers on the road Saturday, I believe that the Swedes will get a bowl game this season.

6) (LW: 4) Billings State (0-2) - Many were hoping that the 49ers struggles would only be temporary. However, with the loss to a decent Ball State team, Billings State has lost their first two games of the season for the first time in 10 years. With a team that is going downhill fast, the 49ers must find a way to correct their fall before it become too much to overcome. Saturday's game against the Swedes should let us know more about this 49ers team.

7) (LW: 7) Bismarck State (0-1) - After getting a bye week, the Rough Riders will look to get on the winning side of the column this week against regional foe Iowa State. While the defense got destroyed against Georgia, the offense did little to help. Will the team bounce back against an Iowa State team that is good, but not great or will their slide continue.

8) (LW: 9) Victoria State (1-0) - After a bye week to get everyone healthy and on the same page, the Islanders will host Buffalo Saturday afternoon. If the Islanders can win, this will be only the second time that the team has won their first two games to start the season.

9) (LW: 8) Portland Tech (1-1) - After winning against Villanova, the Owls were trampled by the Crimson Tide last week 48-23. The Owls were never in the game as the Crimson Tide outscored the Owls 28-3 in the first quarter to put the game on ice early. The Owls will travel to Houston to take on the Rice Owls in what some people in Houston are calling "The Battle of the Owls."

10) (LW: 10) South Dakota Tech (0-1) - After a rough loss to start the season, the Storm will be looking to win their first game when they face off against Manchester State. Quarterback Jevon Matthews will need to play much better than he did a couple of weeks ago if they want to defeat the Kings.

11) (LW: 11) Columbia State (0-2) - After getting blown out by the Air Force, the Statesmen lost a tough game to Middle Tennessee State 14-3. While the defense played better than they did last game, the offense continues to struggle. With a game against #2 Alabama this week, I expect a similar result if not worse if the team is not prepared.

12) (LW: 12) Vancouver State (0-2) - Another bad loss, this time against Louisiana Tech. After hanging around for a quarter, the Bulldogs scored 24 points in a row to put the game out of reach. The Tigers got to within 14, but could pull no closer as the Bulldogs closed the game out with a 17-6 run. The Tigers will get a well-needed by before traveling to Providence State in two weeks.

As we did last weekend, let's look at the three recruits that we discussed to see where they stand.

First is the top recruit in the country, J. W. Greyvenstein. After four weeks, it seems that Alaska State is starting to pull away from his second choice, Michigan. Providence State is closely behind Michigan for third, followed by Billings State, Ohio State, Vermont State, and USC. Alaska State and Michigan are the only two who have offered a scholarship and with the way it's looking, it will come down to these two.

*Alaska State - Leader (48% Lock)
*Michigan - 1,735 behind
Providence State - 1,975 behind
Billings State - 2,195 behind
Ohio State - 2,250 behind
Vermont State - 2,350 behind
USC - 2,450 behind

After four weeks, it appears that Arizona State will land quarterback Jerrod Pope. The Sun Devils have separated themselves from the rest of the pack and it seems that he will sign with them soon. Michigan, BYU, Kentucky, Utah, and Wake Forest round off the rest of his list.

*Arizona State - Leader (46% Lock)
Michigan - 2,185 behind
BYU - 2,259 behind
Kentucky - 2,419 behind
Utah - 2,589 behind
Wake Forest - 2,614 behind

Since last week's report, not much has changed as BYU remains the top school on wide receiver Andre Howe's list, with Oregon, California, Alabama, and Texas A&M close behind. No school has offered him, but I'm sure that will change as the season progresses.

BYU - Leader (18% Locked)
Oregon - 219 behind
California - 275 behind
Alabama - 330 behind
Texas A&M - 425 behind

* Denotes scholarship offer
Old 02-18-2015, 02:58 AM   #71
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Week 3 in Review
Sept 15, 2014 - 11:35 AM EDT

Looking back at last week's Top 25 games, most of the top 25 teams in the nation won their games while a couple suffered bad losses to rivals or conference foes. Let's look at the scores from the weekend:

Top 25 Scoreboard Week 2
Results
#1 Oregon 42, #13 Michigan State 32
#2 Alabama 48, Portland Tech 23
#3 Auburn 47, Mississippi State 7
Kentucky 31, #4 Louisville 26
#5 Georgia 35, South Carolina 28
#6 Texas A&M 45, Lamar 10
#7 Ole Miss 24, Florida 21
#8 Florida State 56, Duke 24
#9 UCLA 24, #14 Texas 27-14
Washington State 34, #10 USC 31
#11 Ohio State 48, Virginia Tech 14
UCF 59, #12 Missouri 24
#15 Wisconsin 24, Michigan 17
#16 Washington 37, Stanford 24
#17 Georgia Tech 20, Wake Forest 14
Iowa State 28, #18 Iowa 16
Tennessee 20, #19 Oklahoma 16
#20 Nebraska 21, Maryland 17
Purdue 23, #21 Notre Dame 22
ECU 41, #25 North Carolina 21

As you can see, nine ranked teams lost, highlighted by #4 Louisville losing to in-state rival Kentucky 31-26. Other bad losses included USC's loss to Washington State, Missouri's no-show against UCF, and ECU once again dominating North Carolina.

Now let's look at the new coaches poll that came out Sunday:

NCAA Football Rankings - Coaches Poll - Updated: Sep 14, 2014
RKLWTEAM (VOTES)WLPOINTS
11Oregon (35)201499
22Alabama (24)301418
33Auburn (1)201382
45Georgia (1)301281
56Texas A&M201217
67Ole Miss301168
79UCLA301152
88Florida State201119
911Ohio State21943
1015Wisconsin20825
1116Washington21714
1217Georgia Tech10712
1313Michigan State11643
144Louisville11637
1520Nebraska20566
1614Texas11557
17NRUCF20498
1822Alaska State20480
1912Missouri11454
20TNRTennessee30438
20T23Cincinnati10438
2224Miami10396
2310USC21338
2419Oklahoma 02255
2518Iowa11183

Others receiving votes: BYU (179), Boston College (100), Bowling Green (95), Vermont State (75), Minnesota (49)

Dropped Out: Notre Dame (#21), North Carolina (#25)

With Louisville falling from 4 to 14, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss all move up a spot to give the SEC 6 of the top 7 teams in the Coaches Poll.

UCF, coming off of an impressive win over Missouri, jumps into the Top 25 at 17, while Tennessee enters the poll at 20, tied with Cincinnati.

Meanwhile, both Notre Dame and North Carolina fall out of the poll following defeats to in-state rivals.

Here is a look at the schedule for the Top 25 for this week:

Top 25 Games Week 5
Results
#6 Ole Miss @ Vermont State (6:00 PM EDT on ESPN 2 (9/19))
Bowling Green @ #10 Wisconsin (12:00 PM EDT)
McNeese State @ #15 Nebraska (12:30 PM EDT)
#9 Ohio State @ #25 Iowa (12:30 PM EDT)
#16 Texas @ Kansas (12:30 PM EDT)
Oregon State @ #23 USC (1:00 PM EDT)
Wyoming @ #13 Michigan State (3:30 PM EDT)
Arkansas @ #4 Georgia (3:30 PM EDT)
Providence State @ #18 Alaska State (3:30 PM EDT)
Columbia State @ #2 Alabama (6:00 PM EDT)
#22 Miami @ #14 Louisville (6:00 PM EDT)
#8 Florida State @ North Carolina (6:00 PM EDT)
#5 Texas A&M @ #3 Auburn (6:00 PM EDT)
Florida @ #20 Tennessee (6:00 PM EDT) - Game of the Week
Miami (OH) @ #21 Cincinnati (7:00 PM EDT)
#19 Missouri @ New Mexico (8:00 PM EDT)
Utah State @ #12 Georgia Tech (8:00 PM EDT)
Utah @ #7 UCLA (8:00 PM EDT)
#24 Oklahoma @ Tulsa (9:00 PM EDT)
Illinois @ #11 Washington (10:00 PM EDT)

The NCAA this morning announced the national players of the week. Here are the top players of the week.

National Players of the Week:
Offense: Florida State QB Jameis Winston - 22-34 for 357 Yards, 14 carries for 48 yards, and 8 total touchdowns against Duke (Won 56-24)

Defense: Temple LOLB Michael Kalaman - 11 Tackles (4 solo), TFL, a forced fumble, and an interception against Ohio (Won 31-21)

Meanwhile, the Big North Conference announced their top players from last week's games. Here are the top players in the BNC from last week.

Big North Players of the Week:
Offense: Providence State WR Matthew King - 10 Catches for 234 yards and 3 touchdowns against Memphis (Won 35-14)

Defense: Manchester State LOLB Deon Parham -5 Tackles (3 Solo) and 2 interceptions against San Jose State (Won 24-14)

Four weeks into the season, the Heisman Watch list remains the same at the top as both Manziel and Gurley remained in the top two spots following big wins. Meanwhile, both Bo Wallace and Black Sims moved up following Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota's disappointing game against Michigan State.

A new player enters the list as UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley appears on the list for the first time after an impressive win against Texas. He will look to stay on the list this week as the Bruins face off against a touch Utes team that has played well so far this season.

Heisman Watch - Updated: Sep 14, 2014
NAMEPOSSCHOOLSEASON STATS
Johnny ManzielQBTexas A&M14-24, 315 Yards, 9 Carries, 73 Yards, 4 Total TD
Todd Gurley IIHBGeorgia26 Carries, 124 Yards, TD, 3 Catches, 58 Yards, TD
Bo WallaceQBOle Miss19-31, 217 Yards, 3 TD, 13 Carries, 54 Yards
Blake SimsQBAlabama16-25, 227 Yards, 9 Carries, 76 Yards, 3 Total TD
Brett HundleyQBUCLA13-26. 179 Yards, 13 Carries, 48 Yards, 3 Total TD

NCAA Major Injury Report - Updated: Sept 14, 2014
PosPlayerInjury Note
QBBraxton Miller (Ohio State)Broken Tailbone - Out 7 Weeks
QBJ.T. Barrett (Ohio State)Broken Ankle - Out 5 Weeks
WRDavante Adams (Fresno State)Strained Back - Out 4 Weeks
WRDevante Parker (Louisville)Broken Ankle - Out 7 Weeks
LGJordan Rigsbee (California)Foot Fracture - 8 Weeks
RTRob Havenstein (Wisconsin)Broken Tibia - 8 Weeks
RTTroy Baker (Baylor)Abdominal Tear - 5 Weeks
LEHau'oli Kikaha (Washington)Broken Hand - 4 Weeks
MLBAmarlo Herrera (Georgia)Dislocated Ankle - 6 Weeks
SSAdrian Amos (Penn State)Torn Achilles tendon - Out for the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 03:00 AM   #72
Rookie

DeltaTiger's Arena

Matchup Preview | September 20, 2014
@
Providence State Titans
(2-0, 1-0 Away)
#18 Alaska State Bears
(2-0, 0-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
34.5 (24th)Points Per Game38.5 (13th)
451.0 (19th)Total Offensive Yards510.5 (6th)
312.5 (6th)Passing Yards277.0 (15th)
138.5 (99th)Rushing Yards233.5 (17th)
Defensive Stats Comparison
14.0 (6th)Points Per Game24.5 (54th)
287.5 (17th)Total Yards Allowed329.0 (38th)
125.0 (12th)Passing Yards Allowed136.5 (18th)
162.5 (52nd)Rushing Yards Allowed192.5 (94th)
Injury Report
FS Youdlain Hawthorne (Turf Toe)
1 Week

Game Notes
Providence State (83/88/80) vs. Alaska State (84/88/83)

Top Players (Providence State)
QB Mitchell Marquardt (88 OVR): 36-57 for 625 Yards, 6 TDs, 18 carries for 29 Yards
HB Dontae Brown (88 OVR): 31 Carries for 170 Yards, 2 TDs, 30 receiving yards
WR Matthew King (87 OVR): 17 receptions for 366 Yards, 5 TDs

Top Players (Alaska State)
HB Mickey Newman (90 OVR): 40 Carries for 213 Yards, 2 TDs, 5 receptions for 36 yards
WR Tyrell Conley (86 OVR): 7 Receptions for 72 Yards
RE Zach Sims (85 OVR): 2 Tackles, TFL, sack
==================================
After spending the first two weeks away from home, the 18th ranked Alaska State Bears host their first home game of the season against the 2-0 Providence State Titans in the conference opener for both teams. While the Bears are coming off of a bye week, the Titans demolished Memphis last weekend behind a big game from wide receiver Matthew King as he had 234 yards and three touchdowns on 10 catches as Providence State won 35-14 over Memphis.

The Bears enter the matchup with the team's best offense, which has scored an average of 38.5 points per game, going up against a Titans defense that has only given up an average of 14 points this season. One person that the Titans must watch out for will be Newman, who ran for nearly 200 yards and two touchdowns in their game against Arizona State two weeks ago. If the Titans want to win, they must limit Newman and force quarterback Von Hawthorne to beat them.

On the other side of the ball, the Bears will have a hard time with an offense that features two all-star players in Brown and King. Both players, along with Marquardt, will be hard to stop as each has all-pro talent. If the Bears hope to win this one, they must force Marquardt to throw to someone else or find a way to limit the damage that Brown and King will do to the defense.

One key injury that could affect the game is Titans starting free safety Youdlain Hawthorne, who is out with turf toe. For a defense that has played well this season, this is a big loss for this game as he has played well thus far this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »