Home

Baltimore Ravens: A New Era

This is a discussion on Baltimore Ravens: A New Era within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2015, 09:01 AM   #57
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Baltimore Ravens: A New Era

Ravens Agree to Ship Broyles to New England

The Ravens have a agreed to a deal with the New England Patriots that will give long time receiver Ryan Broyles for a conditional fifth-round pick. This pick may move down to a sixth based on Broyles performance. Ryan Broyles was drafted by the Ravens in the 3rd Round of the 2011 draft. His best season was in 2015 when he had 44 receptions for 631 yards. Broyles never fit into the Ravens system however. He has good hands but does not possess great speed and was not able to play on the outside. New England had a 7-9 season last year and is transitioning from the Belichek/Brady era. They do not have a true #1 receiver but they now have 4-5 good receivers for Eli Manning. The Patriots have Marques Colston, Miles Austin, Rodney Smith, Justin Blackmon and Ryan Broyles. This is a Patriots move, buying low on a player who has nice hands. With this trade the 53 man roster is set.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:25 PM   #58
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

Baltimore Ravens 2018 Roster
#OFFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
5Joe FlaccoQB336'6230Delaware
12Andrew MedlockQB256'6229Buffalo
14Kellen MooreQB286'0191Boise State
21Jordin BledsoeHB265'10202SMU
24Marshawn LynchHB325'11215Cal
28Darren McFaddenHB326'2210Arkansas
32Deantre MorrisHB236'4245Florida State
34Poppy MolleteFB275'11254Cal-Northridge
10DeSean JacksonWR315'11175Cal
13Jorvante HaynesWR225'11201Florida
18Jeremy MaclinWR296'0198Missouri
83Asa ReeseWR266'0196Colorado State
82Torrey SmithWR306'1204Maryland
85Clayton FavorsWR276'3216Arizona State
89Jordy NelsonWR326'3217Kansas State
80Josh PorterTE236'6256Clemson
81Owen DanielsTE336'3245Wisconsin
88Dennis PittaTE326'4245BYU
74Santiago DurhamLT236'7326Iowa
69Bryce SchellLG256'4328USC
61Jack JonesLG236'6322Arkansas State
50Jason OltmansC266'3296The Citadel
54Brendon EdwardsC256'3301Florida State
73Marshall YandaRG346'3310Iowa
71Sam ChapmanRT236'7335Cent. Conn. St.
79Jason ConantRT256'6319VMI
#DEFENSEPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
92Haloti NgataDE336'4330Oregon
93B.J. SingerDE256'3298Michigan
94Edwin FordDE266'4303Ohio
99Trovon MilesDE266'2242Ohio State
91Curry HopkinsDT276'3346Oklahoma State
78Jarrod BeasleyDT246'3323Notre Dame
68Tyre DeshieldsDT256'2327Ohio State
95Derek KellyDT236'3307Ohio State
56Connor BarwinOLB316'4256Cincinnati
57Isikeli FranklinOLB256'1233Washington State
55Terrell SuggsOLB356'3260Arizona State
90Mario WilliamsOLB316'6288NC State
54Dakaotah DenmanOLB236'3248Pittsburgh
51Shane GumpertMLB216'3238Iowa
53Shamir BanksMLB236'0239Cent. Conn. St.
57Angelo SylveMLB266'0240Oklahoma State
23Dre KirkpatrickCB286'3190Alabama
29Ashpa CooperCB246'0185Texas State
30DeAngelo HallCB345'10195Virginia Tech
31Latwan KirkCB245'8186Washington
36Brandan PerryCB276'1204Penn State
39Arthur HolmesCB236'1197Oklahoma State
22Hassan GloverFS246'0208Iowa
33Leland CarterFS225'10209Florida State
42Pat ChungFS335'11212Oregon
26Arron BellSS256'3210Tulsa
43Tamani PearsonSS236'0226Troy
#SPECIAL TEAMSPOSAGEHTWTCOLLEGE
3Kevin GoesslingK306'0195Fresno State
4Sam KochP346'1220Nebraska
Old 07-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #59
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

This thread will be making a comeback. I have played about half of the season so unfortunately I will have to catch you guys up again. My plan for this is to integrate more off-the-field stories and Around the NFL stats and headlines. It's summer and I've had a nice break and I will bring this thread back for the near future.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #60
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

"Ozzie Newsome, It's a pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine. Have a seat."
Ozzie motioned to the waiter and they ordered drinks.

"How's retirement treating you?"

"Ozzie, I never thought I would say this but it's great.
Age definitely caught up with me."

The waiter came back with two drinks. They both ordered Crabcakes, specialty of the Chesapeake region.

"Both you and I know you want to come back to football. I myself am considering my future but for this football team, we are in "Win Now" mode. I'd like you to join us as a consultant in the front office. We both know you have an eye for talent."

He chuckled, "Ozzie, I'm flattered but I can't do this anymore. You have an impressive roster."

"We want to make it over the hump. That's been our issue."

"I'm sorry Ozzie, I'm not the same anymore."

The waiter arrived with the food. The Crab cakes looked great.

"These Crab Cakes are amazing."

"This is what Maryland is about," Ozzie said.

Crabs. Ravens.

Ozzie sighed, "Bill, do you remember what it's like to win a Super Bowl."

"96. It's been a long time. Looking back on my life, I shouldn't have left."

Ozzie's facial expression remained stern, "This team needs a something to push us over the hump. Something. Bill, you can cement your legacy with this. Coach, success is never final but failure can be."

Bill's face lit up and he laughed, "Ozzie you're pitching my own quotes against me. You know what? I'm sold. I want to do this."

"Welcome to Baltimore, Bill."

"Never thought I would hear that," he said shaking his head.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #61
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

ESPN Insider: Chet Morris
Monday Musings
October 22, 2018

Bill Parcells brought in as consultant. Ozzie Newsome was able to lure Parcells from retirement. This isn't a major move but a sly one from Ozzie. The Ravens goal is to bring another Super Bowl back home and were one step from that last season. Parcells will likely be responsible of analyzing the team and identifying what will allow them to reach their goal. This may not have much impact on this season but we'll come back to this in the offseason and see what Bill and Ozzie will do with this team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #62
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

Ravens Season 2018 Recap

Week One- Cleveland 17 Baltimore 10
Baltimore had a slow start to the season. The Ravens offense struggled mightily as Joe Flacco tossed 4 interceptions. The Baltimore defense kept them in the game as they trailed 10-7 only because of a pick-six. Kevin Goessling nailed a field goal with less than 2 minutes left but Cleveland responded with a 50 touchdown pass from Brandon Taylor to Nick Armstrong.

Week Two- Baltimore 20 Carolina 23 [OT]
Joe Flacco was benched after a poor first half performance and on his first play, Andrew Medlock lobbed a deep touchdown pass to Jeremy Maclin off of play action. Ravens were up 20-10 but blew that lead in 42 seconds as the Panthers scored a touchdown and Rob Bironas drilled a 58 yard field goal as time expired. Medlock played well but in OT threw an interception which set up Bironas who nailed the game winner.

Week Three- Baltimore 23 Pittsburgh 20
Must win for the 0-2 Ravens against their rivals. The Ravens were trailing 20-16 late in the fourth but their defense was able to stop the Steelers offense and get the ball back to their offense. Then the Ravens handed it off to Jordin Bledsoe with 53 seconds left?! Obviously the Steelers were as surprised as me because he turned on the jets and scored on a 84 yard touchdown. Shamir Banks had 17 tackles to lead the Ravens to victory

Week Four- Indianapolis 9 Baltimore 21
Joe Flacco was much improved this game throwing for 284 and 3 touchdowns with no interceptions. The Ravens defense played bend but not break forcing multiple red zone field goals despite Brandon Weeden throwing for over 300 yards.

Week Five- Baltimore 31 Cincinnati 24
The Ravens defense swarmed Andy Dalton all game and forced four interceptions. On offense Flacco had a 4 TD/1 INT performance and Maclin had 9 catches for 108 yards. The Ravens lead for the majority of the game and Darren McFadden chewed down the clock during the fourth quarter to secure the Ravens third straight win.

Week Seven- Atlanta 7 Baltimore 45
Baltimore came out of the bye week firing on all cylinders. The Ravens had two big breakout performances. 2017 2nd round pick Jorvante Haynes had 8 catches for 200 yards and three touchdowns including a spectacular 70 yard catch and run where he juked a safety and cut it all the way to the sideline and blazed past the entire defense. Tamani Pearson was the other breakout performance. The rookie safety scored his first career touchdown off of a pick six in the first half. He also recorded 8 tackles. Pearson has filled in very well for the oft-injured superstar Arron Bell.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #63
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

No Luck for Bucs
Ravens thump Bucs 41-6

The 4-2 Ravens look to continue their streak against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs would be without former #1 pick Andrew Luck as he was battling a knee injury. Former 7th round pick Jordan Price would get the start for Tampa. Defenses showed up early in the game. Early in the 2nd quarter Joe Flacco steps up and connects with Jorvante Haynes who stiff armed the defender and would walk into the end zone for a 45 yard touchdown. The Ravens would drive down the field later in the 2nd and add a field goal.
Late in the second the Ravens were in their own territory and Joe Flacco connected with Haynes on a slant route and Haynes turned it up field and tried to juke Bucs safety Q'Darius Smith but Smith laid him and Haynes lost the football. However, Grant Ressel would miss a 45 yarder.

The Ravens pass game went to work and Darren McFadden plowed through the middle for 14 yards to make it 17-0. Brandon Bolden's running would allow the Bucs to move the ball and add a field goal. The Ravens would also boot a field goal near the end of the third to make it 20-3.

The Ravens defense swarmed Jordan Price all day and he threw an errant pass that was picked off by Isikeli Franklin. McFadden would punch it in from one yard. The Ravens would get the ball back and begin to drive again and Flacco would hook up with Haynes again on a deep flag route. The strong safety would over-commit and miss the pick allowing Haynes to walk in the end zone. 34-3 the Ravens would get the ball back and Flacco would lob a deep pass to Torrey Smith off of play action and Smith who had a step on the corner would secure the catch. Dre Kirkpatrick would misplay a punt later in the fourth which would set up a consolation field goal but the Ravens dominated the Bucs 41-6.

Air Raid

Joe Flacco had a great game throwing for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns. Torrey Smith and Jeremy Maclin hauled in 6 catches each for 111 and 132 yards respectively. Jorvante Haynes had 4 catches for 98 yards and two touchdowns. Solid fantasy day for all four of these guys

The Price is Wrong

Bucs QB Jordan Price struggled against the Ravens defense. He completed less than 33% of his passes for 104 yards and the Ravens really got to him. Price is not a flashy quarterback but he could get it done with good support around him.

Nothing Easy

Isikeli "Easy" Franklin made it look easy racking up 9 tackles including three for loss and an interception.

Run Game Struggles

The Ravens have had a rough time on the ground this year. Rookie Deantre Morris (10-48), Marshawn Lynch (11-37), Darren McFadden (10-21) all have struggled to get consistent yardage. To add insult to injury (no pun intended) Jordin Bledsoe will be out for 2 months with a herniated disk.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #64
Rookie

DynastyBeast's Arena

"Damn it!"

"That's the last thing we needed."

Ozzie Newsome, Bill Parcells and other front office personnel gaze onto the field as Jordin Bledsoe lays near midfield. He's motionless as a stretcher goes on the field.

"That does not look good. He couldn't even move."

"Are we talking a spine injury?"

"It looks very possible."

"Tough break for the kid."

"We'll worry about this after the game we have a game to win."

"Affirmative."

"Oz, I just got off the phone with the team doctors."

"What's the word."

"Nothing career-threatening. Herniated disc. That'll most likely end his regular season and may cut into playoffs if we get there."

"Thank you for the update I'll visit him shortly. In the meantime I want to call a team meeting. This is a big blow to our running game."

"On it, you want Bill, Chris, Mike and Johnny right?"

"Yes sir."

20 minutes later Ozzie Newsome was surrounded by his most trusted personnel. Bill Parcells obviously. Chris Fleming was Ozzie's new assistant GM who replaced Eric DeCosta when he left for Arizona. Mike Lagana, Senior VP of Football administration, and John Bauerman, Director of Player Personnel. OJ Brigance also was in the room. He played alongside Ray Lewis in the Ravens first Super Bowl but was diagnosed with ALS but has fought hard. He uses a machine to speak.

Ozzie sat at the head of the table prompted the beginning of the meeting, "I just talked to Phil, he heard from team doctors that Jordin has been diagnosed with a herniated disc. His regular season is in jeopardy."

"That's a tough break for him," John observed.

"Contract year, 26 years old already viewed as an inconsistent player," added Chris.

"At least we'll gain more leverage", Mike scratched his beard.

"We have bigger fish to fry. Our run game is bottom five in the NFL and we just lost our leading rusher," stated Bill firmly.

"Bledsoe was not playing well to begin with. He had one 100 yard game and that was only because of a long run."

"Our other backs have been worse."

"These backs won't cut it."

"Yeah, Lynch has been good on short yardage situations."

"Not on 1st and 10 or 2nd and 8 though."

"I love McFadden in the red zone and that's about it."

"Yeah, against Tampa excluding his touchdown runs, he had eight carries for seven yards."

"Deantre, I love the kid. He has a bright future," Ozzie began.

"But he is raw. He can't juke anyone. He is so easy to spot and he has average speed. He picks up extra yards after contact partially because of his size."

"We're on a five game winning streak because of Joe and the receivers. Teams know we're gonna throw the ball. We need help on the ground."

Bill spoke up, "trade deadline has passed. We can dip into free agency for someone. That's about what we can do. We can do some pre-scouting on some backs but we don't have any roster spots. We're not in a position to cut any of our backs despite their deficiencies."

"I agree. Let's look through some of the practice squads and free agents," stated Ozzie.

Names began flying throughout the room.

"Kyrell Montgomery, Bengals practice squad. We have preseason tape on him."

"Not fast but has burst. Good spin move. Smaller framer, former Penn State back, played in Big 10, undrafted."

"Let's keep looking."

"DeMarlo Peterson."

"No way he's washed up."

"Maybe but so are Lynch and McFadden. He had a 800 yard year with Washington a few years ago. Our guys won't be close to that."

"He has average speed, but has really good elusiveness and is amazing at trucking. Former Missouri State standout."

"Fumbling problems, next?"

"Darrion Diggs. No, fumble issues."

"Shakim Mitchell, Oregon State guy."

"He's one of the fastest guys we can pick up."

"One trick pony, no elusiveness, vision, power."

"At least he can carry the ball."

"C.J. Spiller."

"No, I don't want a veteran and he's done."

"Kelon Floyd. Elusive back with good speed."

"He's not very agile, he can't break tackles and has stone hands."

Bill stood up, "guys what are we looking for out of a back? We want elusive, above average speed and decent hands. I got your guy.

His name is Jeron Rucker."

"You mean the former second round pick? No way."

"He never had a chance to develop in Atlanta. And in Buffalo he played behind Spiller in his pro bowl years. He is agile, good speed, elusive, decent hands, good blocker. Let's watch some tape."

"He looks like Ray Rice," Mike remarked.

"This guy could do something for us."

"We need a spark plug," agreed Ozzie.

"We can schedule a work out to see if he still has it," said Bill.

"If he does who are we looking to cut to make space."

"That's easy, Favors. He's been inactive most games and hasn't caught a pass."

"Good as advertised," said Chris.

"Indeed. Flem, we need to sign him, reach out to his agent and be ready to cut Favors." -Ozzie.

"On it sir," said Chris.

"Flem?"

"Yes."

"You said he looked like Ray Rice, right?"

"Yes."

"Let's give him #27."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »