Home

Chiefs of the West: Kansas City Chiefs Franchise (FOF7)

This is a discussion on Chiefs of the West: Kansas City Chiefs Franchise (FOF7) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #1
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Chiefs of the West: Kansas City Chiefs Franchise (FOF7)

Playing Madden is cool, but there are so many game-breaking elements that make me wanna shy away from it. When it comes to football, I love the general management side of it. Resignings, Cuts, Free Agents, the whole nine-yards and then some. I absolutely LOVE building a team up and taking them to a Super Bowl. So, I've decided to take the Kansas City Chiefs in the 2007 season with the Text-Sim Football game Front Office Football 7 (http://www.solecismic.com/fof/index.php). Real draft classes will be used.

So, without further ado, let's cheer on those Chiefs baby!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #2
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Re: Chiefs of the West: Kansas City Chiefs Franchise (FOF7)

Yearly Recaps

2007 Season
Old 03-16-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Award Winners
Old 03-16-2015, 12:18 AM   #4
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Draft Picks
Old 03-16-2015, 12:20 AM   #5
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

That should do it. Let's begin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #6
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

New General Manager Hired

Associated Press
March 22, 2007 2:23 PM ET

Kansas City, Mo. -- Carl Peterson, former Chiefs general manager hired in 1989, has re-signed as General Manager and Team President.
In his absence, the Chiefs have hired Mason Suprite, former NFL and CFL player and former GM of the Calgary Stampeders. Suprite, 37,
managed the Stampeders from 2002-2006. In his final year, the Stampeders went 10-8 and placed second in the West division. Suprite
declined a contract renewal in hopes of finding work in his native country, the United States.

Peterson and Suprite announced the job shift earlier today in a joint press conference.

"I've been doing this for a long time," started Peterson. "And I am very appreciative of what the Hunt family has given to me. I have met
so many great people, and I've had the chance to serve an amazing fanbase. But I'm in a time of my life where my family comes first, and
I want to be there for them."

Mason Suprite followed afterward: "I have admired the Chiefs organization since I was a child. And now that Mr. Hunt has given me the
chance to give this team
the best I can, and well, it feels like a dream. I'm extremely excited to be here, and even more excited to bring this team a Super Bowl."

Suprite graduated from the University of North Carolina with a bachelor's degree in economics, playing quarterback for the football
team and setting team record for yards, touchdowns, and interceptions. He went undrafted in the 1989 draft before being signed to the
Minnesota Vikings. He would then be cut that preseason and signed to the Packers. He would then be cut again, but found himself
as the backup quarterback to Danny Barrett on the Calgary Stampeders 1991 team. He would play for Stampeders until his
retirement in 1999, when he was subsequently signed as quarterbacks coach. In 2001, he was given the position of
Director of Player Personnel, and in 2002 he was named the General Manager.

Suprite has been handed a tall job. He already has the draft coming up in a month, but he must also deal with the intrusive
personalities that are Trent Green and Larry Johnson. Mason Suprite was successful in the CFL, but this is a new ballgame.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:22 AM   #7
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Chiefs Draft Recap

Associated Press
April 30, 2007 2:23 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Mason Suprite came to Kansas City with a mission. Whether he succeeded or not is yet to be
seen, but head coach Herm Edwards had nothing but praise for him after the draft.
“He was poised and steady in the war room. He knew what was best for the team. He knew what he wanted, what
he needed.”

Round 1 Pick 23: Dwayne Bowe, Wide Receiver, LSU
Eddie Drummond, Eddie Kennison, and Samie Parker are not the most threatening names. But add a 6 ft 2 in,
221-pound speedster out of LSU, then some trousers make get a bit heavier. Dwayne Bowe finished his senior season
with the school record-breaking 12 touchdowns off of 65 catches on 990 yards. Precise route-running and soft hands
can set the young man up to be a match-up nightmare in his career. Look for Huard/Croyle to make him their number
one target.

Round 2 Pick 54: Claude “Turk” McBride, Defensive End/Tackle, Tennessee
4.81 dash at 277 pounds in his Tennessee pro day, Turk McBride is no laughing matter. Set to claim the defensive end
position opposite Jared Allen, Turk has the benefit of learning under defensive coordinator “Coach Gun” Cunningham.

Round 3 Pick 82: DeMarcus “Tank” Tyler, Defensive Tackle, North Carolina State
They don’t call him “Tank” for giggles. The definition of a bruiser, bullying his way through offensive linemen each
play and making the stop in the backfield. 307 pounds of destruction, Tyler was named to the first-team All-Atlantic
Coast Conference with 87 tackles and 3 sacks at North Carolina State. He is expected to compete for the second-string
defensive tackle position with Alphonso Boone.

Round 5 Pick 148: Kolby Smith, Halfback, Lousiville
With an unspectacular career at Louisville, Kolby Smith falls to the Chiefs first fifth-round pick. The majority of his time
in Louisville was spent as a backup, and though demonstrating an excellent nose for the first-down marker, his steps
in the endzone were very few, scoring only 5 touchdowns in his senior season. Competition with NFL Europe MVP Derrick Ross and
veteran Michael Bennett will ensue to back up Larry Johnson.

Round 5 Pick 160: Justin Medlock, Kicker, UCLA
First-Team All-American kicker Justin Medlock proved to not only have a powerful leg, but showed consistency. In his
career at UCLA, Medlock went 70/80 on field goals and set a school record for field goals 50 yards or longer with six.
Whether he’ll put pressure current kick Lawrence Tynes for the starting job is yet unknown, but he is a decent kicker
nonetheless.

Round 6 Pick 196: Herb Taylor, Offensive Tackle, TCU
Iron-man Herb Taylor isn’t a franchise-shaking pick. He’s a strong lineman with good footwork and proven durability,
starting 48-straight games for TCU.

Round 7 Pick 231: Michael Allen, Tight End, Whitworth College
The first player to be drafted out of Whitworth since 1972, Michael Allen hopes to impress coach Edwards with his
strong hands and finesse blocking technique. He’ll benefit greatly by learning under Tony Gonzalez.

Draft Grade for Kansas City: B

With the NFL season approaching, the Kansas City Chiefs exit the draft with some questions answered, yet many
remaining. With disputes on whether quarterback Trent Green will return to the team and running back Larry Johnson's holdout,
the Kansas City front office have only seen the calm before the storm.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:23 AM   #8
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Green Goes to Dolphins from Chiefs Trade

By Len Pasquarelli
[HR][/HR]
June 5, 2007 10:00 PM ET

The game of chicken that had stretched to nearly two months finally ended on Tuesday evening when the Kansas City Chiefs and
Miami Dolphins reached agreement on the much-anticipated trade of quarterback Trent Green.

Miami agreed to send a fifth-round choice in the 2008 draft to the Chiefs in exchange for Green. The pick can be upgraded to a
fourth-rounder if Green reaches certain predetermined playing time and performance levels. Miami had been offering a sixth-round
choice and the Chiefs had been steadfast for several weeks in their demands for a fourth-round selection.

The trade, confirmed by sources from both franchises, represented a natural compromise.

Chiefs president and general manager Mason Suprite, who suggested only two weeks ago that it was "entirely do-able" that Green
return to Kansas City in 2007, perhaps as the starter, wanted to secure fair value for a starting quarterback. While the performance
thresholds that can raise the pick to a fourth-rounder were not yet known, the Chiefs figure to receive the higher selection if Green
simply plays to his form of previous seasons.

Completion of the deal is contingent upon Green passing a physical examination with the Dolphins, but that is considered academic.

Although Green missed eight games in 2006 because of a severe concussion sustained in the season opener, he has suffered no
lingering effects from that injury. Nor are there concerns about the knee injury that Green sustained in 2000, forcing him to miss that
entire season. Green reiterated in recent weeks that he feels fine physically and is confident he can play at a high level for several
more seasons.

Two weeks ago, with the soap opera lingering and no resolution in sight, a frustrated Green went public with his displeasure at what
he said had become an untenable situation.

"It's not only awkward for me and my family, but it's awkward for the guys in the weight room, in the locker room, on the practice field,"
Green told Kansas City media members. "I'm here every day. People ask, 'What's going on?' Guys don't know how to react to me,
how to treat me."

In the end, the Chiefs finally decided that the revised compensation proposal from Miami was sufficient. And Miami decided that
it was counterproductive to wait any longer, since there was a need to get Green onto the roster and onto the practice field
with new teammates.

The trade likely ends the disappointing one-year tenure of Daunte Culpepper in Miami. Acquired by then-Dolphins coach Nick Saban from
Minnesota last spring for a second-round selection, Culpepper has undergone two surgeries to repair a right knee shredded in a 2005
injury in which he tore three ligaments and is still rehabilitating.

Given his base salary of $5.5 million for 2007 and the near-certainty that Green will become the Dolphins' starter, Culpepper could be
released. The hope of the Dolphins is that Green will provide the franchise its most stable quarterback situation since Hall of Fame
passer Dan Marino retired following the 1999 season.

If Green can give Miami two or three productive seasons, it will give the Dolphins time to perhaps develop John Beck of BYU,
chosen in the second round of this year's draft.

Green, 36, was deemed expendable months ago by the Chiefs, who plan to provide second-year veteran Brodie Croyle every
opportunity to win the starting job. Croyle, Green and journeyman Damon Huard -- who was signed to a contract extension by
the Chiefs this spring, ostensibly to give the team a veteran insurance policy -- shared snaps with the No. 1 offense during
the Chiefs' three-day minicamp over the weekend.

But Chiefs brass has made clear its preference that Croyle, a third-round choice from Alabama who played sparingly as a rookie
in 2006, seize the starting spot. Croyle said over weekend that he was confident he would prevail in the battle for the top spot
on the depth chart and that he felt the Chiefs were becoming his team.

In February, citing in part the need to get younger at the game's most critical position, Suprite approached Green about
renegotiating his contract and perhaps accepting a lesser role in 2007. Green responded by requesting that the Chiefs grant him
the right to seek out potential trade partners.

Several franchises indicated varying degrees of interest in Green, but his preference quickly became the Dolphins, where he is
familiar with first-year head coach Cam Cameron and his offensive design. Cameron was Green's quarterbacks coach with
the Washington Redskins early in the veteran's career.

Nearly two months ago, Green focused his efforts on being traded to the Dolphins and his agent, Jim Steiner, reached a
contract agreement in principle with Miami officials. Details of that agreement were not yet available. Under his Kansas City
contract, Green was to have had a base salary of $7.2 million for 2007, which would have been fully guaranteed were he on
the Chiefs' roster at the outset of the regular season. There were two seasons beyond 2007 left on that contract, at salaries
of $7.7 million for 2008 and $9.2 million for 2009.

A 14-year veteran, Green has six times thrown for 3,000-plus yards in a season and has three seasons of 4,000 or more yards.
He has completed 2,143-of-3,527 passes for 26,963 yards, with 157 touchdown passes and 101 interceptions in 112 games,
including 107 starts.

Until last season, Green had proven incredibly durable and had started every game for the Chiefs since Kansas City
acquired him from St. Louis in a 2001 trade. But Green, regarded as one of the NFL's classiest players, suffered a severe head
injury in the season opener, when he was hit outside the pocket by Cincinnati Bengals end Robert Geathers, and he started only
eight contests.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »