Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #729

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Incredible win, Cheese. This team shows heart! From the pic it just looks like a long bomb, can't believe they let the guy get behind them in that situation, was it an all-out blitz!? Amazing win and it will be interesting to see how many W in a row this team can rack up.
Thanks Hellisan! It was just a heck of a game. Western was all over us for the majority of the game and their quarterback Perish just embarrassed our defense for the majority of the game. On that last play of the game. They blitzed their outside linebackers and tried to jam the receivers on the line. I think their mindset was that if they could hold the jam just long enough they could get to the quarterback. It would have worked too except the corner on Johnson completely whiffed on the jam and he got a clean release. With his 96 speed, giving him a free lane to run is a recipe for disaster for any defense. At that point, Benz just hurled it as far as he could and gave Johnson the opportunity to run under it. Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Love a dramatic finish, especially against a rival! I would have been jumping up and down with excitement on that one. Your boys had a big fourth quarter with three TD's!

Benz seemed to really step up when you needed him. The passing game came through pretty decent today. I love the stat line, btw...Johnson was silent all game. The defense held him until it mattered the most. What comes to mind is the saying "big time players make big time plays." Congrats on a good win over a rival!
Thanks man! It was without a doubt one of the most dramatic wins ever for us. I definitely leapt up on that last play with my hands in the air! I thought for sure after we let them score with just 23 seconds left in the game we were going to blow it.

Benz really came through when we needed and it was nice as a senior to see him get us the win. Vaughn is definitely our number one but Johnson is our home run guy. He is the definition like you said of a true gamebreaker. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonRocket
UNLV finally back in action. Goal is to get to Toledo and destroy you every year.
You got the UNLV team on a roll right now! You'll have to oust Ryan Cubit from Toledo. He seems to turn every team he touches to gold. Our game against Toledo is going to be a very tough one this season. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Yeah, I know the Michigan MAC Trophy isn't in the game, but as someone who grew up in Kalamazoo and still follows WMU, it's a cool little touch I always like to check in on during dynasties.

Dramatic win against the Broncos, and in Kalamazoo to boot. Don't like having to scrape by with a 21-point fourth quarter, but that's likely the hardest game left for the Eagles, right? If so, avoid any slip ups and this could be a program-changing year for EMU.
I really wish they did have the trophy in the game. I definitely keep track of each season but can definitely do a better job of reporting on it. I am always happy to hear what followers want to see more of.

Western Michigan has always played us tough. Two years ago, the last time we were in Kalamazoo, they beat us in a dramatic overtime game. We have two more very tough games on the schedule against Northern Illinois and Toledo. Toledo, especially, is a game we have circled on our calendar after they beat us in a night game last season. We can't get caught looking ahead though, taking it one game at a time.

Thanks for the great feedback my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherPotterGuy
Man this year is shaping up to be an incredible one for y'all. The Ohio game could potentially be a trap game if your guys get caught looking ahead to Northern Illinois and Toledo. Good stuff as always and good luck the rest of the season!
Thank you for checking in and following along. I really appreciate it. Definitely a great season for us thus far and way better than I expected. You are absolutely right about the Ohio game. In terms of talent on paper, they are comparable to Western Michigan so we can't get caught looking ahead. We have to take it one game at a time at this point.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 02-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #730
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

I never posted but read the whole article. Congrats on the win, I did not expect it to be that close but that is the way that life goes sometimes. Keep going and continue your great season.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:20 PM   #731
Rookie

OVR: 0

That was a big win for you. I always loving winning those type of games especally against rivals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #732

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Damn, I step away for a few days and you've rolled through three games just that quickly.

Great blowout win versus Ball St. They had no chance.

Amazing finish versus Western. Amazing that they'd let that guy get behind them at the end there. I bet you were running around your office/living room/bedroom/whatever whenever that happened.

You guys are just a few steps away from a chance at the MAC title. Good luck against the Bobcats. Don't fall victims to the proverbial "sandwich game" in between the rivalry game and the big game against Northern Illinois.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #733

Cheese2121's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
I never posted but read the whole article. Congrats on the win, I did not expect it to be that close but that is the way that life goes sometimes. Keep going and continue your great season.
Thank you my friend. I really appreciate you taking the time to follow along and enjoy. It was definitely a close game and Western pretty much had us on the ropes the entire game until we started to build some momentum in the fourth quarter. It is is games like this that build great rivalries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey7886
That was a big win for you. I always loving winning those type of games especally against rivals.
Thank you man! Definitely a big win for us and one we needed to get. I appreciate you taking the time to follow along. I hope you continue to check in and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Damn, I step away for a few days and you've rolled through three games just that quickly.

Great blowout win versus Ball St. They had no chance.

Amazing finish versus Western. Amazing that they'd let that guy get behind them at the end there. I bet you were running around your office/living room/bedroom/whatever whenever that happened.

You guys are just a few steps away from a chance at the MAC title. Good luck against the Bobcats. Don't fall victims to the proverbial "sandwich game" in between the rivalry game and the big game against Northern Illinois.
Thank you my friend for the great feedback as always. Haha yeah I got on a bit of a roll this weekend. My girlfriend is out of town at a medical conference so when I am not at the clinic I have just been sitting around living the "bachelor life" with the cats. Needless to say this has allowed for excessive video gaming time.

I couldn't believe the defense let Reggie get behind them on that final play. They tried to jam him at the line and he just completely blew past them. It was beautiful. I was most certainly running around my living room in joy after that one. I can't wait to have a real house with a "man cave."

Now we turn to set our sights on Ohio. We can't get caught looking ahead, like you said. There is no doubt though that Northern Illinois and especially Toledo are the games we have circled on the calendar down the stretch. Thanks again!

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #734

Cheese2121's Arena

Year 4 (2014), Game 8, Preview

Matchup Preview | October 23, 2014
@
Eastern Michigan Eagles
(6-1, Away)
Ohio Bobcats
(1-6, Home)
Season Leaders
M. Iannotti – 74-149, 1258 YDS, 10 TD, 11 INTPassingD. Goodwin – 82-191, 1111 YDS, 5 TD, 5 INT
R. Thomas – 188 CAR, 1056 YDS, 14 TDRushingR. Pringle – 103 CAR, 492 YDS, 3 TD
N. Vaughn – 30 REC, 516 YDS, 5 TDReceivingC. Cochran – 36 REC, 476 YDS, 4 TD
Head Coaching Comparison
Dan ClaytonHead CoachFrank Solich
3Years with Team3
(35-13)Head Coach Record(22-24)
Injury Report
HB Joel Humphrey (72)
Torn Quad - Out for Season
SS Thad Ingol (78)
Back Spasms - 2 Weeks

FS Nathan Carpenter (75)
Strained Pectoral - 1 Week
Roster Matchup
Eastern Michigan Eaglesvs.Ohio Bobcats
POSName (yr) - RatingPOSName (yr) - Rating
QBMark Iannotti (rs-jr) - 80QBDanny Goodwin (jr) - 75
HBRobert Thomas* (jr) - 84HBRicky Pringle* (rs-sr) - 79
FBDylan Brooks (sr) - 68FBChaz Shuler (jr) - 76
WRNick Vaughn* (jr) - 80WRChase Cochran* (rs-sr) - 79
WRReggie Johnson (so) - 74WRAntonio Mills (sr) - 72
TEJay Phillips (so) - 74TETyler Knight (rs-jr) - 73
LTLincoln Hansen (rs-sr) - 72LTWillie Hall (so) - 73
LGShawn Sinawe (rs-sr) - 78LGLee Butler (fr) - 67
CJosh Woods (rs-sr) - 76CMike Goode (sr) - 71
RGBobby McFadden (rs-sr) - 69RGJacob Welter (sr) - 76
RTSean Holley (rs-so) - 69RTRichard Herron (rs-so) - 75
LEMike Mackey (fr) - 76LEEric Price (rs-jr) - 75
REDavid Tyson (rs-fr) - 68REJack Nichols (rs-so) - 74
DTTremayne Smith* (jr) - 82DTJason Harris (so) - 73
DTMichael Coleman (fr) - 69DTMikal Davis (rs-so) - 73
LOLBJeremy Curry (rs-sr) - 68LOLBDavid Leonard (so) - 73
MLBJoel Hicks (fr) - 64MLBBen Russell (sr) - 77
ROLBTony Sharp (rs-so) - 71ROLBEric Ryan (so) - 72
CBWes Dunlap (so) - 70CBChris Stanford (rs-jr) - 78
CBJeremy Ernst (so) - 68CBLarenzo Fisher (rs-jr) - 77
FSAlbert McDaniel (fr) - 76FSJeff Stefanski (rs-sr) - 71
SSChris Dunlap (rs-jr) - 73SSJosh Kristoff* (rs-sr) - 80
PKLarry Taylor (so) - 79PKFred Cooley (so) - 64
PKody Fulkerson (rs-sr) - 80PDavid West (rs-so) - 72

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 02-09-2016, 02:14 PM   #735
Pro

Reg-gie! Reg-gie! Reg-gie! He had the big kick return late to win a game last year and now this - definitely becoming one of those unheralded guys that may not do much for most of the day but comes up with big plays at the right time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #736

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Very balanced roster for Ohio. They could sneak up on you. I am somewhat surprised by their 1-6 record, they don't look THAT bad. They do lack that "signature" playmaker though.

With them being the home team, watch out. If they get an early score, that may snowball. You need to put these guys away early and don't let them hang around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »