Home

Coach Geezy in the Big Easy: Our City, Our Team | Part II - The Golden Age of Tulane

This is a discussion on Coach Geezy in the Big Easy: Our City, Our Team | Part II - The Golden Age of Tulane within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #49

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
My favorite uniform combo is the green helmet, green jersey, white pants. I wear that one at most home games. I wear the white helmet, white jersey, green pants combo for most road games.

For Homecoming I wear the Greenbacks combo. I also do a Whiteout for Senior Day. We'll also occasionally wear the Greenbacks/Whiteout unis for special games like LSU, or a bowl game. I also like the green/white/green combo for road games, but I don't wear that one often.

Any combo I didn't list is one I don't wear that much.
In my dynasty's backstory, we wore green helmets exclusively for the first 3 or 4 seasons and then after that did an entire "press release" about the team getting a new helmet design. lol

I like the all-white for senior day idea. I think I may have to give a tip of the cap to you on that and slip that tradition into this dynasty versus Ole Miss at the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
D. MF'ing Geezy!!!! The legend is back!!!! I am so glad you found the old memory card. Yes, I totally get not being able to kick it at the sticks as frequently because of real life, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you have cooking here - even if it's in a slow cooker.

This has me pumped to get posting with a little more frequency than I've been of late.
Man it's great to hear from my old friend BDAWG. You and I go all the way back over a decade to Madden Mania and look at us, still gettin' it in in 2015.

Hope you enjoy this. Yes this thing will be slow, and possibly even slower than I thought. lol

My stick skills are surely rusty, especially on defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Wow, one of the greatest returns. Looking forward to this.
Appreciate the kind words jct...hope you enjoy this and thanks for checking in!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #50

Deegeezy's Arena

Saturday, August 24 2019

BREAKING NEWS

SCANDAL!
Tulane defensive coordinator Kelly, entire defensive staff suspended for first half of 2019 season by the NCAA for an alleged "bounty" program | NCAA president Emmert: No player discipline to follow | Geezy, remaining coaches now must scramble to prepare defense with just one week remaining before big season opener versus LSU

By Erin Andrews, FOXSports.com

Tulane defensive coorinator/assistant head coach Charles Kelly, hired by head coach D. Geezy following the 2010 season and the mastermind behind one of the best defenses in college football for nearly the past decade, has been suspended for the team's first 7 games along with his entire defensive coaching staff by the NCAA for their roles in a bounty program being run by the team. Kelly, who will be eligible to return when the team faces Kentucky on the road in week 9 on October 19th, is accused of administering and setting weekly goals based on his players' ability to remove opponents from games by way of injury.

"This situation is an absolute disgrace," said NCAA president Mark Emmert.

"What we have uncovered here goes against so many rules and principles that this institution stands for. We will not tolerate this, under any circumstances."

A source within the NCAA indicated that while it was under very strong consideration in the "lack of institutional control" sense, Geezy will not be suspended and had no role in the illegal goal setting initiative undertaken by Kelly.

"Tulane's football team is structured in a way that has Geezy as more or less the head coach of the offense and Kelly as more of less the head coach of the defense," said the source.

"Geezy does provide oversight on game day, but the day to day stuff is all Kelly, and that is what is providing Geezy with the insulation to be protected from discipline."

There was no word on who will replace Kelly as the team's defensive head however a team source indicated that the Green Wave will shrink the defensive playbook "tremendously" in Kelly's absence.

"Unfortunately with a lack of knowledge of the system and what's already in place, anyone who comes in will have to be limited and very vanilla in their approach," said the source.

"And even when Kelly comes back, you've now missed 7 to 8 weeks worth of installation over the normal course of a season. Our defense could face some significant hurdles this season."

Geezy is expected to announce information regarding staff replacements "within the next day" according to a team spokesperson.

--------------------
More to follow

Last edited by Deegeezy; 12-22-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #51
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy: Our City, Our Team | Part II - The Golden Age of Tul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Man it's great to hear from my old friend BDAWG. You and I go all the way back over a decade to Madden Mania and look at us, still gettin' it in in 2015.

Hope you enjoy this. Yes this thing will be slow, and possibly even slower than I thought. lol

My stick skills are surely rusty, especially on defense.
It means we're OLD!!!

And I understand rusty stick skillz. My problem is that mine are rusty even when I'm playing a lot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #52
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Coach Geezy in the Big Easy: Our City, Our Team | Part II - The Golden Age of Tul

Quote:
It means we're OLD!!!

And I understand rusty stick skillz. My problem is that mine are rusty even when I'm playing a lot!
Stick Skillz have always been the foil to older gamers. Especially those who like to challenge themselves on the higher levels of gameplay.

I feel you guys on that part. That's why online gaming is so difficult for me. I don't have time to study and implement all the "nanos" and "money" plays. Thank god we still have Franchise/Dynasty mode to keep us busy.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #53

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

And the plot thickens...a nice twist to the story and should be interesting to see what your scaled back defense looks like. Loving this as always!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 07-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #54

Deegeezy's Arena

Green Wave News Clips

Ellis

Tulane | Geezy announces Middle Tennessee State's Steve Ellis as new "acting defensive coordinator"
Sun, 25 Aug 2019 7:31:41 -0700

Report via Britt McHenry, ESPN.com

Britt McHenry of ESPN.com reports that less than 24 hours after the announced seven game suspension of defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Charles Kelly, Tulane head coach D. Geezy has named Steve Ellis as the team's "acting defensive coordinator." Ellis is also expected to coach the "back-7" of the defense, I.E. the team's linebackers and defensive backs.

Ellis, who has spent the past 7 seasons as Middle Tennessee State's co-defensive coordinator and was a cornerback for Division 1-AA's Nicholls State from 2000-2003, was released from his contract to join Tulane and will remain on the staff as a senior defensive assistant following the reinstatement of Kelly and the rest of Tulane's defensive staff.

According to McHenry's first-hand witnessed report, Geezy received a phone call in the middle of the night from Ellis, who wanted the acting position and the chance to remove the "co" from his defensive coordinator title at Middle Tennessee. Geezy and Ellis played together at Nicholls State from 2000-2003 and worked together under Kelly at division 1-AA Nicholls State during the 2004 season, where Ellis was the team's linebackers' coach while Geezy was the defensive backs coach and Kelly was the team's defensive coordinator. No word on why McHenry was with Geezy in the middle of the night on Saturday.

"We decided that we needed to bring someone in with experience in our system to help make the transition a little more smooth," said Geezy.

"Just as when I hired coach Kelly, this is a guy I know and whose skills I value. We will move one of our two offesnive line coaches to the defensive line coach position, and we will have have three man staff plus a graduate assistant on that side of the ball. We will shrink the playbook and simplify things because even with Steve's prior history with coach Kelly, a lot has changed with the system in the past 15 years."

"I'll say this, coach Ellis is a different kind of cat with an aggressive nature. He will be an aggressive schemer and brings an awesome country accent and sharp tongue to the practice field. I'm excited to work with him again."

A high-ranking team official says the team will do away with most of its 3-4 concepts and play almost exclusively with it's 4-3 packages as its base defense in the early going of the season but will expand back to it's 3-4 "multiple style" defense as the season wears on. The same source however indicated that internally, the team is very worried about the way the defense will play this season, especially early in the year.

"I think we're going to see a lot of struggles with the transition," said the official, who asked not to be identified.

"Not only will there be a slight communication barrier as far as play call names since Kelly's defense has evolved over the years, but I think you will also see a little bit of sloppiness and rust from these last-minute defensive coaching hires."

#1 Tulane will face #7 LSU on Saturday night in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #55

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
It means we're OLD!!!

Haha...The more I use practice mode the more I feel the same way. I start the season tomorrow and I'm nervous. Hopefully I still have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Stick Skillz have always been the foil to older gamers. Especially those who like to challenge themselves on the higher levels of gameplay.

I feel you guys on that part. That's why online gaming is so difficult for me. I don't have time to study and implement all the "nanos" and "money" plays. Thank god we still have Franchise/Dynasty mode to keep us busy.
I've never been an online guy. It just doesn't do it for me. It seems kind of pointless; dynasty mode is still king in my book.

Will we see a Leaf dynasty production again some day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese2121
And the plot thickens...a nice twist to the story and should be interesting to see what your scaled back defense looks like. Loving this as always!
Ok, I have to come clean....this story line is more so about giving the D an excuse for the first several games. Judging by practice mode, I am going to have a hard time on D early in this season and the reason why has to be explained to fit with the continuity of the defense's dominant 2018 season. The scaled back playbook also gives me another early handicap. I have a feeling we may take a step back this season as a team, so I am setting up the plot for that, but guess we'll see. I just haven't had a ton of time to practice on D or focus on the defensive playbook, so I decided to have it reflected in the story record.

I also wanted to work my boy Steve Ellis into the story, a former teammate of mine and fellow coaching staff member (this is another one of those real life tidbits I've worked into the story line).

And lastly, I needed an excuse to post a pic of the beautiful Britt McHenry. Here's one more for good measure:

Thanks all for the replies and for the patience...This thing kicks off tomorrow night versus LSU!

Last edited by Deegeezy; 07-18-2015 at 01:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2015, 01:56 AM   #56
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
And lastly, I needed an excuse to post a pic of the beautiful Britt McHenry. Here's one more for good measure:
My man. I like the way you think. LOL Good luck this season!

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »